SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

What went wrong with Tyler Biggs

Jul. 24, 2019 at 12:46 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
It seems like he couldn't translate his play from juniors to pro. He can barely stay in the ECHL, would be star in the FHL or SPHL. He is playing in the EIHL, Which is around the same as FHL or SPHL and had 9 points in 24 games. WHY?
Jul. 24, 2019 at 12:49 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
It seems like he couldn't translate his play from juniors to pro. He can barely stay in the ECHL, would be star in the FHL or SPHL. He is playing in the EIHL, Which is around the same as FHL or SPHL and had 9 points in 24 games. WHY?

I guess it only costed Rickard Rakell and John Gibson. Nothing much
Jul. 24, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
I guess it only costed Rickard Rakell and John Gibson. Nothing much

EIHL is around the same level as the ECHL, to correct myself
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Nothing was wrong with Tyler Biggs. He played to his potential.
The trouble was the idiots in Leaf management at the time. The most expensive front office ever assembled decided that 4th rounder should be drafted in the first round.
Remember the same Leaf management had among the poorest draft results ever. And their UFA signing....Komasarik....bought out. Upcoming UFA Grabowski, resigned and bought out. Other buyouts. A non playoff team most of the time was at the cap. For Leaf fans it's sad that Burke, Nonis and their minions didn't view CapFriendly. Their hockey insight would have been much better.
But I don't really blame Burke either. IMO had no intention to work as Leaf GM and president. He preferred to do other things with his time instead of working.. So if MLSE wanted to hire him, good for Burke. His best work. is as a talking head, not being a NHL executive. If you read this....thanks for taking the time to read my rant.
SpaghettiPasta and Trickster liked this.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
torontos finest
I don't get why people think the Leafs drafted Biggs too high. Biggs was ranked at 22 for NHL's Central Scouting NA List, and Bob McKenzie had him going 15th.

The problem ended up being his speed, which in the years after became the bigger factor in major league success. So yes, a big issue was his inability to transition his skill set to match the level of play needed to make it beyond a third tier league. His time in the Marlies was also marred by similarly framed players (Ashton, Frattin, Froese) who outperformed him.

Scouting is often boom or bust and unfortunately the Leafs got a major bust.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 10, 2019 at 6:16 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Burke an Nonis area, oh man
Tough times there.

At least they drafted Riley though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll