LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,250,000$3,250,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 2
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:28 a.m.
I personally am not interested in trading Bokk, Kostin, Kyrou, or Thomas for Kreider or any other Top 6 F. Especially without an extension.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:37 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
I personally am not interested in trading Bokk, Kostin, Kyrou, or Thomas for Kreider or any other Top 6 F. Especially without an extension.

Figured Thomas and Kyrou were untouchable. Bokk for a good piece like Kreider especially with an extension. Kostin hasn’t done much in two AHL seasons but I’d take him if the pick was a first
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:56 a.m.
Quoting: vosse9
Figured Thomas and Kyrou were untouchable. Bokk for a good piece like Kreider especially with an extension. Kostin hasn’t done much in two AHL seasons but I’d take him if the pick was a first

Your instincts are good. The cup window is now for St. Louis and this is a win-now trade of appropriate value.

Losing Jay Bo's contract alone is more than enough to handle a Kreider extension next season. And dealing Bozak next off season, coupled with a cap increase can help greatly. Best case scenario would be a home town OEL type extension for Pietrangelo, a bridge for Dunn and a modest increase for Schenn on a long term deal. But you'd hold together your core for the next few years to maximize your cup window. And that's what matters. Because in about 5-6 years the team is going to be back in Tank mode again and you'd rather have better lottery chances anyway.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:57 a.m.

Kostin is moving up. I got to see him in the Prospect Camp he did phenomenal, and Bokk was probably a year, but also did very very well. I wouldn't give any of those top 4 for Kreider. I would probably look at someone really really good for me to be able to process giving up any of those 4.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:06 a.m.
vosse9
Kostin is moving up. I got to see him in the Prospect Camp he did phenomenal, and Bokk was probably a year, but also did very very well. I wouldn't give any of those top 4 for Kreider. I would probably look at someone really really good for me to be able to process giving up any of those 4.

They should dominate at a prospect camp that’s for sure, but I do really like both of them as prospects. I can understand your willingness to want to keep them being a Blues fan. Great run last year but you think they can repeat without a move?
BDeRousse89 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 6:12 a.m.
They should dominate at a prospect camp that’s for sure, but I do really like both of them as prospects. I can understand your willingness to want to keep them being a Blues fan. Great run last year but you think they can repeat without a move?

I completely agree with your assessment. I think Fabbri is a good starting point then if it takes one of Bokk/Kostin plus a pick, as much as I want to see what Kostin can do for us, I think Bokk has more upside. Plus it would seem since Kostin is closer to the NHL he would fit in the short term plans better for you guys. If we want to repeat, I definitely think we have to make a move and for you to see that is a true testament to your knowledge. Kreider would be the perfect guy to add with his experience over a guy like Gusev. It looks like we’d need to trade Edmundson first though cuz we wouldn’t be able to fit Kreider on top of Eddy and Barbashev. From the Blues perspective, GMDA has said he’d like 1.5-2 mil in cap space entering the season so if that’s the case, it would seem the writing is on the wall for Eddy to get moved. If that happens and Kreider is still with the Rangers, It would seem more plausible of a reality. It would be yet another brilliant offseason by Doug Armstrong and maybe after we win back to back Cups then he’ll get the award for best GM that belonged to him this year.
vosse9 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 8:40 a.m.
dp6154
The Blues have to resign Barbashev (he and that 4th line are a huge part of the team) and resign or trade Edmunson. Signing Barbshev alone makes Krieder unaffordable. Also this may be fair value wise but Armstrong is pretty tight with his top 3 prospects and the team seems pretty darn excited about Bokk. You'd have a better time trading for Kostin and even then you better trade someone who is signed for at least 2 years, not for fair value, you proposed fair value, but because the Blues had no first this year after the O'Reilly trade and will be a little tighter on trading away prospects with that in mind

It's not a terrible idea or terrible proposed trade but there are some details that kind of crash it.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 8:59 a.m.
Quoting: BDeRousse89
I completely agree with your assessment. I think Fabbri is a good starting point then if it takes one of Bokk/Kostin plus a pick, as much as I want to see what Kostin can do for us, I think Bokk has more upside. Plus it would seem since Kostin is closer to the NHL he would fit in the short term plans better for you guys. If we want to repeat, I definitely think we have to make a move and for you to see that is a true testament to your knowledge. Kreider would be the perfect guy to add with his experience over a guy like Gusev. It looks like we’d need to trade Edmundson first though cuz we wouldn’t be able to fit Kreider on top of Eddy and Barbashev. From the Blues perspective, GMDA has said he’d like 1.5-2 mil in cap space entering the season so if that’s the case, it would seem the writing is on the wall for Eddy to get moved. If that happens and Kreider is still with the Rangers, It would seem more plausible of a reality. It would be yet another brilliant offseason by Doug Armstrong and maybe after we win back to back Cups then he’ll get the award for best GM that belonged to him this year.

I'm not sure I'd compare Kostin to Bokk at all. It seems unclear whether Kostin will be an NHL contributer at all... Just to compare him to our Lias Andersson who many people feel is a "bad" prospect. 20 points in 36 games.... Kostin with 24 points in 66 games in AHL. He put up very similar numbers last year. Which is concerning for someone like Kostin who's supposed to be this big 6-3 scoring threat as opposed to a 2way guy like Lias.

But in terms of team planning, I'm not sure if you guys should be trying to deal from defense, given the uncertainty next year of Pietrangelo's deal and the barren options in the prospect pool. I'd figure the best move would be to unload Bozak for a pick or 2 since you have plenty of forwards who can fill middle 6 roles, then slide Thomas over to 2C/3C and put Kreider on the wing. The Bozak money let's you afford all that + Eddy + Barb

I appreciate you understanding the value of Kreider. Bokk is amazing and is the perfect starting chip as far as compensation goes. This is a very make or break year for Kostin, if he puts up a performance like the last 2 seasons, his probability of being anything more than a bottom 6 NHL guy goes WAYYY down.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.

I think we can find a different Top 6 Forward for cheaper, but you do have to realize Robert Thomas is ready for a Top 6 spot as well. So you would only be switching it up for Kyrou and adding Kostin in the lineup for Maroon.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 9:18 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: dp6154
The Blues have to resign Barbashev (he and that 4th line are a huge part of the team) and resign or trade Edmunson. Signing Barbshev alone makes Krieder unaffordable. Also this may be fair value wise but Armstrong is pretty tight with his top 3 prospects and the team seems pretty darn excited about Bokk. You'd have a better time trading for Kostin and even then you better trade someone who is signed for at least 2 years, not for fair value, you proposed fair value, but because the Blues had no first this year after the O'Reilly trade and will be a little tighter on trading away prospects with that in mind

It's not a terrible idea or terrible proposed trade but there are some details that kind of crash it.

Had proposed it from Rangers side first and should’ve looked at the rfas to sign from Blues so yes oversight there. If Blais or Kyrou is in the AHL they could have over 2 mill to sign Barbashev and Edmunson would have to be moved. Rangers could even retain some on Kreider. If it’s Kostin as the prospect I’d think the Rangers would want a first or more realistically a mid round pick on top of the 2nd rounder
dp6154 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 9:22 a.m.
vosse9
I think we can find a different Top 6 Forward for cheaper, but you do have to realize Robert Thomas is ready for a Top 6 spot as well. So you would only be switching it up for Kyrou and adding Kostin in the lineup for Maroon.

Top 6 forwards don’t really come for cheap these days especially scoring 28 goals and getting a full year of the player. I did have Thomas in your top 6. Moved Steen down to the 4th because his game has gone downhill and he’s a bottom 6 player now in my opinion. Kyrou should be ready but he has to not be buried on the 4th line and Kostin I think still needs some seasoning to prove he’s ready
dp6154 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 9:27 a.m.
Top 6 forwards don’t really come for cheap these days especially scoring 28 goals and getting a full year of the player. I did have Thomas in your top 6. Moved Steen down to the 4th because his game has gone downhill and he’s a bottom 6 player now in my opinion. Kyrou should be ready but he has to not be buried on the 4th line and Kostin I think still needs some seasoning to prove he’s ready

Tbh my idea of Ryan who is more expensive contract but comes cheaper helps Ottawa, I really believe there are other options rather than lose a good prospect for a 1-yr deal.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
miz58
As a blues fan I don’t have much interest in Kreider, especially for one of our main 4 prospects, but u do seem to have good knowledge about the blues, I’ll give you credit for that, decent trade for both teams.
vosse9 and dp6154 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 10:52 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: Tburroughs58
As a blues fan I don’t have much interest in Kreider, especially for one of our main 4 prospects, but u do seem to have good knowledge about the blues, I’ll give you credit for that, decent trade for both teams.

Was approaching it with the Blues being the champs and trying to make a solid run at defending the cup. Enjoyed watching their run last year and playoff hockey in general. Thanks for the feedback and compliment
dp6154 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 2:40 p.m.
dp6154
lol, I found this, complimented it and gave it feedback, then realized I had given it the same complement and feedback several days ago. I hate my memory
vosse9 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll