$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:25 a.m.
BootBoi
Good anticipation of continuing issues.
If I was a fan, I'd totally hate Nylander and would trade Marner.
Rest of the roster looks good.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:42 a.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Leafs won’t be able to afford mitch if he pulls a willy
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:43 a.m.
I know that Toronto has added a lot to their defense to help their issues, but without marner playing with Tavares do you see this team being as good as they were last year
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: BootBoi
Good anticipation of continuing issues.
If I was a fan, I'd totally hate Nylander and would trade Marner.
Rest of the roster looks good.

Aren't you also a fan of Edmonton who loves Larsson? He cost you Hall and is not a good player. Perhaps you should pipe down.
BootBoi liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Banned
I think I'd put Bracco with Tavares to start the season. Mainly because he is more of play maker as is Kerfoot, so I'd give him two shooters and put the playmaker with Tavares.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 11:59 a.m.
Llinder2016
I honestly think they have a deal in place but won’t sign until the beginning of the season as we have to put Clarkson’s and Horton’s deal on LTIR at the beginning of the year
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Quoting: TheDime99
I know that Toronto has added a lot to their defense to help their issues, but without marner playing with Tavares do you see this team being as good as they were last year

With they’re current roster I think they’re around the same if not worse but there is more hype this year
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Aren't you also a fan of Edmonton who loves Larsson? He cost you Hall and is not a good player. Perhaps you should pipe down.

What does one have to do with the other? Why are you so defensive? His statement was totally reasonable.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:08 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bcarlo25
What does one have to do with the other? Why are you so defensive? His statement was totally reasonable.

Nylander lost his negotiation, his deal is sick. It'll be Pastrnak sick this season. Give him a full season with Matthews and Nylander could score 30+ goals and 90+ points and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Hating him makes no sense unless you ignore every underlying statistic that suggests Nylander is a star in the making and had an unlucky season in which he missed a third of the year and training camp.

I am not being defensive, more just pointing out, don't throw stones in a glass house. Oiler fans love to chirp Nylander and call him greedy and stuff and then defend Larsson like he's a Norris winner. Its like a weird stockholm syndrome thing or something.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:12 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Nylander lost his negotiation, his deal is sick. It'll be Pastrnak sick this season. Give him a full season with Matthews and Nylander could score 30+ goals and 90+ points and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Hating him makes no sense unless you ignore every underlying statistic that suggests Nylander is a star in the making and had an unlucky season in which he missed a third of the year and training camp.

I am not being defensive, more just pointing out, don't throw stones in a glass house. Oiler fans love to chirp Nylander and call him greedy and stuff and then defend Larsson like he's a Norris winner. Its like a weird stockholm syndrome thing or something.

What are you talking about? Nylander stuff aside, because literally every word of it is insanity, it sounded like that guy was trying to commiserate with you about a player holding out being obnoxious, and complimented your ACGM, and then you just lashed out about some trade that has nothing to do with this.

Really weird, really defensive, and out of place
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Banned
What are you talking about? Nylander stuff aside, because literally every word of it is insanity, it sounded like that guy was trying to commiserate with you about a player holding out being obnoxious, and complimented your ACGM, and then you just lashed out about some trade that has nothing to do with this.

Really weird, really defensive, and out of place

The statement of hating a guy for holding out and losing a contract negotiation is insanity. Its an emotional response to a business transaction that worked out great for the franchise.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
Bcarlo25
The statement of hating a guy for holding out and losing a contract negotiation is insanity. Its an emotional response to a business transaction that worked out great for the franchise.

it is utterly amazing how you've convinced yourself of this. C'mon man, nobody thinks that the leafs won that deal. You can think what you want about the guys like McKenzie and Dreger but they all but openly laughed and said that the leafs got banged up on this one, because of course they did. Look, if you want to say it was a fair deal, I'll let it slide. It's wrong, but I'll let it slide. Aren't you one of those guys taht cites evolving wild? Ya, evolving wild had Nylander at under 5 million. The team got plowed on that deal, boy howdy did they get raked over the coals.

Honest question, has there ever been something the leafs have done when you were like, "hmmm, I don't like that, I don't think it's good for the team." As a bruins fan I have those moments all the time. The second Backes signed that deal it was horrific, and it was obvious. Letting Brett Connolly go for nothing was an absolute joke. The hamilton trade worked out sort of but it was bad value. I wanted to punch sweeney in the face the second he skipped over kyle connor and chabot to draft senyshyn. Has Dubas ever done anything wrong in his life in your opinion?
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
it is utterly amazing how you've convinced yourself of this. C'mon man, nobody thinks that the leafs won that deal. You can think what you want about the guys like McKenzie and Dreger but they all but openly laughed and said that the leafs got banged up on this one, because of course they did. Look, if you want to say it was a fair deal, I'll let it slide. It's wrong, but I'll let it slide. Aren't you one of those guys taht cites evolving wild? Ya, evolving wild had Nylander at under 5 million. The team got plowed on that deal, boy howdy did they get raked over the coals.

Oh dear

That moment when ppl playing smart but fail at reading the tables properly. Try sliding the bar left and right, youll notice every contract is consisted from Term and $$.

As an old Abe said...sometimes its better to remain silent and be considered a fool then to speak out and remove all doubts.....

Think again.....
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:13 p.m.
Banned

Honest question, has there ever been something the leafs have done when you were like, "hmmm, I don't like that, I don't think it's good for the team." As a bruins fan I have those moments all the time. The second Backes signed that deal it was horrific, and it was obvious. Letting Brett Connolly go for nothing was an absolute joke. The hamilton trade worked out sort of but it was bad value. I wanted to punch sweeney in the face the second he skipped over kyle connor and chabot to draft senyshyn. Has Dubas ever done anything wrong in his life in your opinion?

I don't even know what evolving wild is, never used it and don't plan too. I also don't care what Dreger or McKenzie said about Nylander. I was fine with his contract, wished it would have happened quicker but oh well its in the past. What I do like is that he is making less than 7 million. He's a possession monster, creates a tonne of turnovers and is a fantastic young player who is only going to get better. Looking at what young RFA's are getting paid these days, 7 million for 6 years for a guy I fully expect to score 90+ points a few times is a steal. An absolute steal. It'll be right there with Pastrnak as a deadly contract.

Now onto the other statement about me loving everything they do without thinking, no I don't do that. I wasn't happy with the 3 year term for Marleau, I didn't really like the Matt Martin signing, I thought the Zaitsev deal was too long and a bit premature. Not sure if you noticed but all of those moves were made by Lou. Dubas is an awesome GM, he's yet to do anything that I thought was a mistake. It has only been 2 off seasons but he's managed to do a lot of great things. Signing JT, getting Nylander for under 7 million, Matthews signed mid season, Dumping Marleau (not his signing but he dealt with it), moved Zaitsev without it really costing anything, the Kadri trade and now the Clarkson trade. He's brilliant and way ahead of the curve. When he does something questionable, I'll question it, but so far he's been a beast.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Laudan
Oh dear

That moment when ppl playing smart but fail at reading the tables properly. Try sliding the bar left and right, youll notice every contract is consisted from Term and $$.

As an old Abe said...sometimes its better to remain silent and be considered a fool then to speak out and remove all doubts.....

Think again.....

I couldn't find a spread sheet that provided anything more than one column for that season
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:24 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I don't even know what evolving wild is, never used it and don't plan too. I also don't care what Dreger or McKenzie said about Nylander. I was fine with his contract, wished it would have happened quicker but oh well its in the past. What I do like is that he is making less than 7 million. He's a possession monster, creates a tonne of turnovers and is a fantastic young player who is only going to get better. Looking at what young RFA's are getting paid these days, 7 million for 6 years for a guy I fully expect to score 90+ points a few times is a steal. An absolute steal. It'll be right there with Pastrnak as a deadly contract.

Now onto the other statement about me loving everything they do without thinking, no I don't do that. I wasn't happy with the 3 year term for Marleau, I didn't really like the Matt Martin signing, I thought the Zaitsev deal was too long and a bit premature. Not sure if you noticed but all of those moves were made by Lou. Dubas is an awesome GM, he's yet to do anything that I thought was a mistake. It has only been 2 off seasons but he's managed to do a lot of great things. Signing JT, getting Nylander for under 7 million, Matthews signed mid season, Dumping Marleau (not his signing but he dealt with it), moved Zaitsev without it really costing anything, the Kadri trade and now the Clarkson trade. He's brilliant and way ahead of the curve. When he does something questionable, I'll question it, but so far he's been a beast.

okay so you're a dubas fangirl? got it. That makes sense. He's made a lot of mistakes, and he's caved on every single contract negotiation. Matthews is a fantastic player, but that cap number for only buying out one year of UFA is absurd.

Hmmm. You expect Nylander to score 90+ even though he's never sniffed more than 61, and he's never had more than 22 goals. hmmmm

well you know what. Harumph. Backes is on an EXCELLENT contract, because, I fully expect him to score 280 points next season, breaking records. And because I say so, it is so.

That's freaking annoying right?

Whatever though, fangirl away for Dubas. There's no point in trying to describe color to a blind man.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:44 p.m.
Banned
okay so you're a dubas fangirl? got it. That makes sense. He's made a lot of mistakes, and he's caved on every single contract negotiation. Matthews is a fantastic player, but that cap number for only buying out one year of UFA is absurd.

Hmmm. You expect Nylander to score 90+ even though he's never sniffed more than 61, and he's never had more than 22 goals. hmmmm

well you know what. Harumph. Backes is on an EXCELLENT contract, because, I fully expect him to score 280 points next season, breaking records. And because I say so, it is so.

That's freaking annoying right?

Whatever though, fangirl away for Dubas. There's no point in trying to describe color to a blind man.

Okay our demeaning and childish remarks aside, you are actually comparing Nylander's contract to the signing of David Backes. Need I say more.

I am a fan of intelligence, young talented players tend to get better through their careers, especially as they approach the age of 24 which none of Nylander or Matthews has done yet. But of course that reality doesn't play well into your rhetoric of doom and gloom because that's all you like to throw around in regards to TO. Its the new age man, stars get paid big bucks, depth guys get pinched and its only going to happen more. "Buying up FA years" is just a media trope that isn't really the correct way of looking at demanding shorter term.

Lets take Pastrnak for example, do you think he isn't wishing he would have went for shorter term? Not so he can get to FA and just leave. That's the answer of drama seekers. The reason you ask for shorter term is to maximize earning potential. Its getting more and more clear that giving huge contracts to guys around 28-29 years old is a recipe for disaster, you are paying for their most productive years as they enter the twilight of their careers. Corey Perry anyone? Your opinions will of course be jaded by Bergeron who is one of a small group of players that seems to have found the fountain of youth but he'll decline eventually, everyone does. Its a young mans league, the young stars are driving the ships and they want to get paid to do so. They also want to make sure their contracts are always near market value, and you can only do that if you keep adjusting with the market. Look at McKinnon, do you think he wishes he would have done a short term deal after his ELC? Absolutely he does. Same with Schiefele.

Just because these guys signed during a different market doesn't mean their GM's are amazing and better than Dubas, it just means they were operating in a different time. Aho just signed for 8.5, Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk etc, these guys are all going to get paid premium dollars because the market is changing. I bet you McDavid and Eichel both wish they would have went shorter term. Why? Because when those guys are 29/30 and looking for their next contract they won't be able to demand both term and big dollars. Its not going to take long for the Doughty Contract to look terrible, same with Karlsson. Those guys will be on the decline and chewing up massive amounts of cap space.

Its not my fault fans like you can't understand where things are going and just love pining for the good old days.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 1:56 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Okay our demeaning and childish remarks aside, you are actually comparing Nylander's contract to the signing of David Backes. Need I say more.

I am a fan of intelligence, young talented players tend to get better through their careers, especially as they approach the age of 24 which none of Nylander or Matthews has done yet. But of course that reality doesn't play well into your rhetoric of doom and gloom because that's all you like to throw around in regards to TO. Its the new age man, stars get paid big bucks, depth guys get pinched and its only going to happen more. "Buying up FA years" is just a media trope that isn't really the correct way of looking at demanding shorter term.

Lets take Pastrnak for example, do you think he isn't wishing he would have went for shorter term? Not so he can get to FA and just leave. That's the answer of drama seekers. The reason you ask for shorter term is to maximize earning potential. Its getting more and more clear that giving huge contracts to guys around 28-29 years old is a recipe for disaster, you are paying for their most productive years as they enter the twilight of their careers. Corey Perry anyone? Your opinions will of course be jaded by Bergeron who is one of a small group of players that seems to have found the fountain of youth but he'll decline eventually, everyone does. Its a young mans league, the young stars are driving the ships and they want to get paid to do so. They also want to make sure their contracts are always near market value, and you can only do that if you keep adjusting with the market. Look at McKinnon, do you think he wishes he would have done a short term deal after his ELC? Absolutely he does. Same with Schiefele.

Just because these guys signed during a different market doesn't mean their GM's are amazing and better than Dubas, it just means they were operating in a different time. Aho just signed for 8.5, Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk etc, these guys are all going to get paid premium dollars because the market is changing. I bet you McDavid and Eichel both wish they would have went shorter term. Why? Because when those guys are 29/30 and looking for their next contract they won't be able to demand both term and big dollars. Its not going to take long for the Doughty Contract to look terrible, same with Karlsson. Those guys will be on the decline and chewing up massive amounts of cap space.

Its not my fault fans like you can't understand where things are going and just love pining for the good old days.

you make a lot of assumptions. Most are inaccurate.

Let's start at the top. I never compared the contract of Nylander to Backes. Not even close. I did compare your expectation (note, you didn't say hope, you didn't say you could see it, you didn't say that he has the tools to do it, you said it's your expectation) for Nylander's production with my phony expectations for Backes production, with a healthy dose of hyperbole to prove a point. Running around here talking like Nylander is a proven hart candidate is just a little crazy.

So, you say that you're a fan of intelligence, but you're coming off as a yahoo homer. you kinda sound like jack edwards talking about a prospect.
Yahoo way of saying it: 7 million is sick! The player lost and the franchise won! I fully expect him to have 30+ goal seasons and 90+ point seasons!
intelligent way of saying it: I think he has the tools to put up some improved numbers in the future. Given more ice time, based on what I've seen, it really wouldn't surprise me if he had 90+ point seasons if he's put in the right situation.

I disagree with both, but one is totally valid and pretty much criticism proof.

Then you assume that for some reason I don't understand why players want shorter term deals bringing them to UFA. I really can't imagine why you would assume that, it's pretty simple. That said, most of the time when a player signs such a deal of 5 or 6 years, they sacrifice something for getting player friendly term, and that's AAV. Tavares, Seguin, Jones, Pastrnak, we could go on and on to basically every RFA that took a 5 or 6 year deal off their entry, they all clearly sacrificed the AAV they would have gotten on an 8 year deal to hit UFA sooner. Everyone except for Matthews, and Nylander.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:09 p.m.
Banned
you make a lot of assumptions. Most are inaccurate.

Let's start at the top. I never compared the contract of Nylander to Backes. Not even close. I did compare your expectation (note, you didn't say hope, you didn't say you could see it, you didn't say that he has the tools to do it, you said it's your expectation) for Nylander's production with my phony expectations for Backes production, with a healthy dose of hyperbole to prove a point. Running around here talking like Nylander is a proven hart candidate is just a little crazy.

So, you say that you're a fan of intelligence, but you're coming off as a yahoo homer. you kinda sound like jack edwards talking about a prospect.
Yahoo way of saying it: 7 million is sick! The player lost and the franchise won! I fully expect him to have 30+ goal seasons and 90+ point seasons!
intelligent way of saying it: I think he has the tools to put up some improved numbers in the future. Given more ice time, based on what I've seen, it really wouldn't surprise me if he had 90+ point seasons if he's put in the right situation.

I disagree with both, but one is totally valid and pretty much criticism proof.

Then you assume that for some reason I don't understand why players want shorter term deals bringing them to UFA. I really can't imagine why you would assume that, it's pretty simple. That said, most of the time when a player signs such a deal of 5 or 6 years, they sacrifice something for getting player friendly term, and that's AAV. Tavares, Seguin, Jones, Pastrnak, we could go on and on to basically every RFA that took a 5 or 6 year deal off their entry, they all clearly sacrificed the AAV they would have gotten on an 8 year deal to hit UFA sooner. Everyone except for Matthews, and Nylander.

So first of all, this was my initial statement in regards to Nylander. "Give him a full season with Matthews and Nylander could score 30+ goals and 90+ points and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised." That is a far cry from the words you are putting in my mouth which is I think he's a Hart Candidate.

Second of all, the list of guys you mentioned who took a tonne of their averages did so when the mentality in hockey was that young players still had to earn their big paychecks so they had to sign smaller deals. That isn't the case anymore. Blame or thank Chiarelli for that, since he was the guy who gave Draisaitl and McDavid the big money right out of ELC. I don't think anyone can even critize those moves either. Both are worth every penny.

Matthews could have easily demanded a lot more if it was an 8 year term so they cut the term and in 4 seasons they'll likely negotiate another 5 year deal. Why not 8? Because by then everyone will know that apart from a incredibly small percentage of players, no one escapes the decline that comes in your 30's so tying up huge dollars for players who will be diminishing assets is stupid. This is all just simple economics.

For future reference, perhaps don't get angry when having a discussion and get all petty, you lose all credibility.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:14 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So first of all, this was my initial statement in regards to Nylander. "Give him a full season with Matthews and Nylander could score 30+ goals and 90+ points and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised." That is a far cry from the words you are putting in my mouth which is I think he's a Hart Candidate.

Second of all, the list of guys you mentioned who took a tonne of their averages did so when the mentality in hockey was that young players still had to earn their big paychecks so they had to sign smaller deals. That isn't the case anymore. Blame or thank Chiarelli for that, since he was the guy who gave Draisaitl and McDavid the big money right out of ELC. I don't think anyone can even critize those moves either. Both are worth every penny.

Matthews could have easily demanded a lot more if it was an 8 year term so they cut the term and in 4 seasons they'll likely negotiate another 5 year deal. Why not 8? Because by then everyone will know that apart from a incredibly small percentage of players, no one escapes the decline that comes in your 30's so tying up huge dollars for players who will be diminishing assets is stupid. This is all just simple economics.

For future reference, perhaps don't get angry when having a discussion and get all petty, you lose all credibility.

I wasn't the one that lashed out at some random oilers fan who was being nice to you.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:17 p.m.
Banned
I wasn't the one that lashed out at some random oilers fan who was being nice to you.

Didn't really lash out. I just pointed out that saying he would hate Nylander because he held out was odd considering he's an Oilers fan who loves Larsson despite him costing Hall. The only lashing out that happened came from the Hero who lobbed fangirl around, as if an adult would care that some internet troll used a chauvinistic insult to hurt my feelings.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Didn't really lash out. I just pointed out that saying he would hate Nylander because he held out was odd considering he's an Oilers fan who loves Larsson despite him costing Hall. The only lashing out that happened came from the Hero who lobbed fangirl around, as if an adult would care that some internet troll used a chauvinistic insult to hurt my feelings.

that would be like the AC in your car breaking and some guy saying, "that's the worst, I would be pissed at your mechanic if I were you," and you snapping back, "that's rich coming from you because you like goldfish."

It's literally nonsensical drivel.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 2:21 p.m.
Banned
that would be like the AC in your car breaking and some guy saying, "that's the worst, I would be pissed at your mechanic if I were you," and you snapping back, "that's rich coming from you because you like goldfish."

It's literally nonsensical drivel.

Well I am sorry officer, I didn't realize you police this site for stuff you want to freak out about. Good day.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll