SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres have had a good off-season, what do they do now to get ready to recruit next year's R/UFA class?

Jul. 26, 2019 at 3:49 p.m.
The Sabres will be getting a ton of bad contracts and players off the books next year freeing up a huge amount of cap space! What are your thoughts on the upcoming off-season and the remaining of this one?
Jul. 29, 2019 at 2:14 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
The Sabres will be getting a ton of bad contracts and players off the books next year freeing up a huge amount of cap space! What are your thoughts on the upcoming off-season and the remaining of this one?

Any UFA that can be moved at the TDL for literally anything of value; go for it.

Also, I'm ready to start trading futures for good players that can contribute now with some term on their contracts. 1st round picks and any rookie not named Cozens or Luukkonen are fair game.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 29, 2019 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Any UFA that can be moved at the TDL for literally anything of value; go for it.

Also, I'm ready to start trading futures for good players that can contribute now with some term on their contracts. 1st round picks and any rookie not named Cozens or Luukkonen are fair game.

I think we should keep the ufas that go next year and yes those assets next year to upgrade. Moving okposo is a main goal also!
Aug. 5, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't think the Sabres had that good an offseason. Skinner at long term for 9m. Johansson is OK, but plays better on a good teams. Sabres gotta rid of some of those expiring big cap hits before they really get better. But hey, the Sabres do have hope with some of their young players.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
I don't think the Sabres had that good an offseason. Skinner at long term for 9m. Johansson is OK, but plays better on a good teams. Sabres gotta rid of some of those expiring big cap hits before they really get better. But hey, the Sabres do have hope with some of their young players.

The best thing they did was get Jokiharju and Miller. With Montour earlier.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 9:50 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The best thing they did was get Jokiharju and Miller. With Montour earlier.

Yea like the Montour trade. Forgot about Jukiharju....yea that was good, maybe really good. Miller? Maybe won't hurt, had a good season two years ago.

I'm a Bills fan. Looking forward to progress the Bills seemed to have made.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 1:23 p.m.
Yea like the Montour trade. Forgot about Jukiharju....yea that was good, maybe really good. Miller? Maybe won't hurt, had a good season two years ago.

I'm a Bills fan. Looking forward to progress the Bills seemed to have made.

Yes, but Mitch got hurt, the center. Hopefully not long term or anything. The new o line should help Allan to throw more which will be good, his arm is amazing
palhal liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Yes, but Mitch got hurt, the center. Hopefully not long term or anything. The new o line should help Allan to throw more which will be good, his arm is amazing

Yea, like the improvement in O Line as you suggest. They seems to more of NFL calibre o line which you need as injuries will occur. Plus the addition of a couple NFL receivers. Allen will have a better choice of hopefully guys that can get open. But as QB, Allen has to improve, which he should do. First, read the play correctly (who might be open), and second, throw the ball accurately.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 6:56 p.m.
Yea, like the improvement in O Line as you suggest. They seems to more of NFL calibre o line which you need as injuries will occur. Plus the addition of a couple NFL receivers. Allen will have a better choice of hopefully guys that can get open. But as QB, Allen has to improve, which he should do. First, read the play correctly (who might be open), and second, throw the ball accurately.

I agree but was his first year, he will come back improved!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll