Forums/Armchair-GM

Getting scorers

Created by: GuentzelvaniaUSA
Team: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 26, 2019
Published: Jul. 26, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Team still sucks but at least it’s got a respectable top six and a wittle more potential at goalie
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Khaira, Jujhar
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. 2021 6th round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$78,526,999$0$0$2,973,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 7
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 26, 2019 at 5:44 p.m.
Trading a FA just signed, with a NMC, to a team with 3 goalies?
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 5:44 p.m.
Pop Pop
wow they are bad on the wings. idk dude.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 5:47 p.m.
Pengweenies
Quoting: Riley816
Trading a FA just signed, with a NMC, to a team with 3 goalies?

Yup. Team trading him to doesn’t matter, whatever team is willing, and wherever he’ll go. I won’t have a diver on my team Sticking Out Tongue
Jul. 26, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
Pengweenies
Quoting: Jfstompers
wow they are bad on the wings. idk dude.

Hey maybe Neal gets his mojo back and looks like he did in Vegas, hell maybe with McDavid he looks like his days in PIT!

Maybe
Jul. 26, 2019 at 7:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MTF
Yup. Team trading him to doesn’t matter, whatever team is willing, and wherever he’ll go. I won’t have a diver on my team Sticking Out Tongue

They just signed him lol ... he hasn't even played a game with the Oilers yet.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
I’ve thought for a long time Bjugstad would be a good fit in EDM. I like the trade and would be alright with it but Pens aren’t interested in picks all that much. I’d say scrap the 2nd and Khaira and make it JP
Jul. 26, 2019 at 10:47 p.m.
Pengweenies
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
They just signed him lol ... he hasn't even played a game with the Oilers yet.

If I’m taking over as GM I don’t care about that, I’m just looking to build the best team
Jul. 26, 2019 at 10:48 p.m.
Pengweenies
Quoting: ChampEddy
I’ve thought for a long time Bjugstad would be a good fit in EDM. I like the trade and would be alright with it but Pens aren’t interested in picks all that much. I’d say scrap the 2nd and Khaira and make it JP

the pens prospect pool is completely depleted from the cup runs and they are desperate for cap space to sign Pettersson. I think there’s a match
Coleharborcrosby liked this.
Jul. 26, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
the pens prospect pool is completely depleted from the cup runs and they are desperate for cap space to sign Pettersson. I think there’s a match

Yeah same here but they are still in win now mode so I think Jesse P would be a better fit than a 2nd that wouldn’t impact team for years and Khaira who wouldn’t even make lineup
Jul. 27, 2019 at 7:13 a.m.
Pengweenies
Yeah same here but they are still in win now mode so I think Jesse P would be a better fit than a 2nd that wouldn’t impact team for years and Khaira who wouldn’t even make lineup

As a pens fan, I don’t want Jesse P at all. McCann moves to center if we move bjugs and that allows space for both ZAR and Simon to get in the lineup this year. Khaira provides an option at 4c which is important because blueger is unproven. And if blueger ends up playing really well we can move him up to 3c and put McCann in the top six.

JP would just be another sprong situation. It would hinder both him and the penguins.

Without the pens taking picks/prospects in return for bjugs, they aren’t gunna save cap space which is the whole point of the trade. It is absolutely necessary to sign Pettersson at all costs. Fans and front office are both huge on him. We are not in “win now” mode if we don’t sign him

Also I wouldn’t trade a third rounder for Jesse. If he can’t make the top six on the OILERS then he sure as hell isnt coming anywhere near the pens top 9 with jake, McCann, horny, rust, chucky, bjugstad and Kahun all as options on the wing (not to mention our depth wingers). Noooooooo thank you on JP. Keep him lmao nobody wants him or he’s be traded by now. Dude is gunna go for a third at best
Jul. 28, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
As a pens fan, I don’t want Jesse P at all. McCann moves to center if we move bjugs and that allows space for both ZAR and Simon to get in the lineup this year. Khaira provides an option at 4c which is important because blueger is unproven. And if blueger ends up playing really well we can move him up to 3c and put McCann in the top six.

JP would just be another sprong situation. It would hinder both him and the penguins.

Without the pens taking picks/prospects in return for bjugs, they aren’t gunna save cap space which is the whole point of the trade. It is absolutely necessary to sign Pettersson at all costs. Fans and front office are both huge on him. We are not in “win now” mode if we don’t sign him

Also I wouldn’t trade a third rounder for Jesse. If he can’t make the top six on the OILERS then he sure as hell isnt coming anywhere near the pens top 9 with jake, McCann, horny, rust, chucky, bjugstad and Kahun all as options on the wing (not to mention our depth wingers). Noooooooo thank you on JP. Keep him lmao nobody wants him or he’s be traded by now. Dude is gunna go for a third at best

I love blueger as 4C but no way is he a 3C IMO. JP would only cost 1M this year and could end up being a steal. I hope McCann can step up to 3rd line C but they seem to like him on the wing. People forget how highly regarded he was leading up to draft. I think his situation is more a poor development issue in EDM and less of a talent issue. Pens develop players about as good as any other team and he could be a huge steal if he comes to Pitt and revitalizes his career. Save 3M on cap and get a top 3 pick from 3 years ago? I`d take that risk all day. Wouldn't be the first time the Pens properly deploy a failed EDM stud a la Justin Schultz.

There is a logjam on the wing it Pitt though but they could line up something like Guentzel-Crosby-Horny
Galchenyuk-Malkin-JP Kahun-McCann-Rust Simon-Blueger-Aston Reese
Jul. 28, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Pengweenies
I love blueger as 4C but no way is he a 3C IMO. JP would only cost 1M this year and could end up being a steal. I hope McCann can step up to 3rd line C but they seem to like him on the wing. People forget how highly regarded he was leading up to draft. I think his situation is more a poor development issue in EDM and less of a talent issue. Pens develop players about as good as any other team and he could be a huge steal if he comes to Pitt and revitalizes his career. Save 3M on cap and get a top 3 pick from 3 years ago? I`d take that risk all day. Wouldn't be the first time the Pens properly deploy a failed EDM stud a la Justin Schultz.

There is a logjam on the wing it Pitt though but they could line up something like Guentzel-Crosby-Horny
Galchenyuk-Malkin-JP Kahun-McCann-Rust Simon-Blueger-Aston Reese

You are massively massively overrating JP
Jul. 29, 2019 at 7:14 p.m.
You are massively massively overrating JP

Imagine acquiring him 2 years ago for that price? It was a coin flip between him and Laine. It wouldn't be the first time a team, especially EDM, messed up player development and they leave town and rip it up on their new team. JP is a great player who was just put in a terrible situation in EDM. If he goes to the right place and is put in the right position he could gain some confidence and flourish. Its a bet worth taking for the Pens 100% because they want to get younger and need to shed money. WORST case scenario, and I can`t imagine this happening because of how talented he is, is that they get a big, highly skilled bottom 6 that they can keep or trade. Best case scenario is he turns into a 30+ goal scorer like he was projected by everyone to be.
Jul. 30, 2019 at 1:43 p.m.
Pengweenies
Imagine acquiring him 2 years ago for that price? It was a coin flip between him and Laine. It wouldn't be the first time a team, especially EDM, messed up player development and they leave town and rip it up on their new team. JP is a great player who was just put in a terrible situation in EDM. If he goes to the right place and is put in the right position he could gain some confidence and flourish. Its a bet worth taking for the Pens 100% because they want to get younger and need to shed money. WORST case scenario, and I can`t imagine this happening because of how talented he is, is that they get a big, highly skilled bottom 6 that they can keep or trade. Best case scenario is he turns into a 30+ goal scorer like he was projected by everyone to be.

It was not a coin flip between him and laine. Pens don’t have room for this kind of guy. He no good
Jul. 31, 2019 at 8:09 p.m.
It was not a coin flip between him and laine. Pens don’t have room for this kind of guy. He no good

It 100% was. JP was over Laine until pretty much just before the draft. JP dominated the world juniors that year and had one of the best 17YO WJHC performances ever. Pretty sure the Pens or any team could make room for a guy with potential like he has for 1M a year. Low Risk High Reward.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 10:16 a.m.
Pengweenies
It 100% was. JP was over Laine until pretty much just before the draft. JP dominated the world juniors that year and had one of the best 17YO WJHC performances ever. Pretty sure the Pens or any team could make room for a guy with potential like he has for 1M a year. Low Risk High Reward.

Say that all you want we all know it’s a flat out lie. JP was not even close to Laine in that draft. People were hyping Laine to be the next OV and some were even saying he’s as good as Matthews. They were clearly at a different level than JP who fell in the draft.

JP has shown literally nothing since then.

And where does he even fit on the pens???? Are you gunna play him on the fourth line and totally bone his development or in the top six and totally bone the team?
Aug. 1, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Say that all you want we all know it’s a flat out lie. JP was not even close to Laine in that draft. People were hyping Laine to be the next OV and some were even saying he’s as good as Matthews. They were clearly at a different level than JP who fell in the draft.

JP has shown literally nothing since then.

And where does he even fit on the pens???? Are you gunna play him on the fourth line and totally bone his development or in the top six and totally bone the team?

I’m guessing you’re either really young or haven’t paid attention to the NHL for very long but it was a debate for literally the entire year.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/puljujarvi-vs-laine-how-the-presumed-no-2-and-3-picks-stack-up-in-key-areas

As far as afterwards yes, JP has not lived up to expectations but that’s the same with so many EDM prospects because they screw everything up with piss poor player development. If Pitt or another team got their hands on a talent like JP they could still turn his career around which is why JP wants a trade.

As far as the Pens logjam on the wings then yes there’s gonna have to be movement but there’s gonna have to be movement either way. They have to move cap space no matter what. JP would immedietely become one of their most talented singers and I’d plant him on Malkins wing to start to build his confidence.

This isn’t EA sports guy. Players are real people and this was a young kid put into a crappy situation in EDM and lost his confidence and is frustrated. It happens all the time. He is still young and ultra talented and someone is going to acquire him and revitalize his career. That’s why Holland is hesitant to even move him because his return is going to look awful in a year or two.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll