SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Rangers signed Pavel Buchnevich (2 Years / $3,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 27, 2019 at 8:10 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Up, up, and away . . . and everybody thought that Toronto had cap problems. And then Las Vegas.

Four million plus over and still Lemieux and De Angelo to sign. One trade ain't gonna do it, unless they move Shattenkirk with virtually nothing coming back.

You do realize both Lemieux and Tony D have been given qualifying offers, both will most likely play on that 1 year deal and try their luck next year when they can file for arbitration.

2 years from now between Shattie, Smith, Staal and Lundqvist the Rangers are going to have 25+ million in cap.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 8:57 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Or Staal or Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk’s year 2 buyout cap hit would be too big to work with, IMO. Maybe Staal, but IDK if the Rangers want to move him out.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
To all the people that said hed be signed to less than 3 million aav, proof is in the pudding.
Mmmmmmm

Would love to offer sheet DeAngelo cool
oneX liked this.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 12:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Brian2016
Tony D could be $4M AAV alone and Lemieux has to be around $1.25M??? Maybe Skjei will get traded. I know they'd love to keep all their young D's but it's gonna be tough since the old guys don't have much trade value.

I really hope Skjei isn't traded. If DeAngelo wants 4M then just don't sign him and let him play in Europe lol.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 1:27 p.m.
Nazaleaf
I really hope Skjei isn't traded. If DeAngelo wants 4M then just don't sign him and let him play in Europe lol.

You sure you want a 23 year-old RHD who scored nearly 0.5PPG last year walk for 4mil AAV?
Jul. 27, 2019 at 3:07 p.m.

Quoting: thelastlongbow
You sure you want a 23 year-old RHD who scored nearly 0.5PPG last year walk for 4mil AAV?

There's only so many young offensive D's you can keep and w/ Trouba now on the top pair and 1st PP they might have to make a hard choice. One of these 2 guys will suffer offensively now that Trouba is here. Only so many offensive zone starts to go around. A team like DET, LAK, or ANA could really use a young offensive D and would probably pay up to get one.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
To all the people that said hed be signed to less than 3 million aav, proof is in the pudding.
Mmmmmmm

Would love to offer sheet DeAngelo cool

I thought he'd get more lol.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Not if we had the cap space ... but we don't. I was only half serious when i said let him play in Europe, as you could maybe tell by my "lol" ... really, i would probably sign him anyway, but he's not worth 4M if you ask me. I'd much rather get him for less. 2.5-3M.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Nazaleaf
Not if we had the cap space ... but we don't. I was only half serious when i said let him play in Europe, as you could maybe tell by my "lol" ... really, i would probably sign him anyway, but he's not worth 4M if you ask me. I'd much rather get him for less. 2.5-3M.

But you're talking about an I wish scenario that every GM in the league would also wish. But reality and comparables probably demand that Deangelo is worth 4M per.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 11:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
But you're talking about an I wish scenario that every GM in the league would also wish. But reality and comparables probably demand that Deangelo is worth 4M per.

I don't think he is. I wouldn't sign him for 4M if that meant trading Skjei. If he is totally unwilling to take less i'd give him 4M and pay to move bad contracts. It's not preferred, but i'd rather DeAngelo than guys like Smith and Shattenkirk.
Jul. 29, 2019 at 9:52 p.m.

Evolving Hockey has estimated his contract at 6 x $4.6M.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit