Forums/Armchair-GM

Potential Ott moves NYR PITT NSH

Created by: sens2020
Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 31, 2019
Published: Jul. 31, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not saying to make all these moves but some potential moves to benefit both teams
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2020 6th round pick (STL)
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (SJS)
OTT
  1. Gudbranson, Erik
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Boedker, Mikkel ($2,000,000 retained)
OTT
  1. Bonino, Nick
  2. 2020 1st round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (CBJ)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,696,666$0$3,730,000$3,803,334

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 2
$2,937,500$2,937,500
C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$4,100,000$4,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$755,000$755,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 31, 2019 at 9:53 a.m.
Banned
PIT says no... Guds is worth more than Boedker
Jul. 31, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
Tspky
rangers accept.. would prefer to give Namestnikov for a lesser return but no one would be upset with Strome for a 2nd and 6th
Jul. 31, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
rangers accept.. would prefer to give Namestnikov for a lesser return but no one would be upset with Strome for a 2nd and 6th

I agree. Rangers accept. I have to think thought if a 2nd was offered at this point a deal would have been done.
Spanky227 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 10:20 a.m.
Tspky
Quoting: ashaw9377
I agree. Rangers accept. I have to think thought if a 2nd was offered at this point a deal would have been done.

it depends, strome did look really good at the end of the year and is on a decent contract.. even if he produces at 75% of his last 27 games (he had 22 points), that's still 50 points for the year. not bad production and he wasn't a detriment on the ice either. It really all depends on what happens with Namestnikov-- i only see them getting rid of one of them
ashaw9377 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
Pengweenies
Pittsburgh says heck no. We have more NHL forwards than can fit in a lineup and our D is TRASH. Why would we trade Guddy, who played very well on a really bad D, for a forward who will play on our 4th line and block development of our awesome young forwards

And...AND you want a second?
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:15 a.m.
Biased Opinion
Quoting: MTF
Pittsburgh says heck no. We have more NHL forwards than can fit in a lineup and our D is TRASH. Why would we trade Guddy, who played very well on a really bad D, for a forward who will play on our 4th line and block development of our awesome young forwards

And...AND you want a second?

*checks notes* it says here that Gudbranson is, in fact, a terrible hockey player. A 2nd round pick for 2 million in cap space and one less year of term seems like a deal the Pens would consider...
sens2020 and Big_Euge liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
Bonino doesn't have negative value. I would be okay with Bonino and a 2nd for a 1st (lottery protected in 2020).
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 10:24 a.m.
Pengweenies
Quoting: Barbs
*checks notes* it says here that Gudbranson is, in fact, a terrible hockey player. A 2nd round pick for 2 million in cap space and one less year of term seems like a deal the Pens would consider...

That deal makes the pens worse. Boedker wouldn’t even make our lineup. And if he did he’d directly hurt the development of guys like Blueger.

The fact remains you made the pens D worse (and go check your notes, he played 19 min a night for us, where are we gunna put those minutes??? Give them to RUHWEDEL?!) and the pens offense worse and had them give up a pick when they have literally the worst (smallest) group of prospects in the league.

Gudbranson was a +7 for us, played 19 min a night, was fantastic when paired with Pettersson (the hope is to keep that pairing together this year, their size and reach is awesome), and he had strong possession metrics despite literally SIXTY percent defensive zone starts.

Gudbranson was our proud inductee into “ home for Dmen who don’t play hockey good” this year. We turned that player right the heck around
Again. Pens say HELL NO
Aug. 1, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Biased Opinion
That deal makes the pens worse. Boedker wouldn’t even make our lineup. And if he did he’d directly hurt the development of guys like Blueger.

The fact remains you made the pens D worse (and go check your notes, he played 19 min a night for us, where are we gunna put those minutes??? Give them to RUHWEDEL?!) and the pens offense worse and had them give up a pick when they have literally the worst (smallest) group of prospects in the league.

Gudbranson was a +7 for us, played 19 min a night, was fantastic when paired with Pettersson (the hope is to keep that pairing together this year, their size and reach is awesome), and he had strong possession metrics despite literally SIXTY percent defensive zone starts.

Gudbranson was our proud inductee into “ home for Dmen who don’t play hockey good” this year. We turned that player right the heck around
Again. Pens say HELL NO

Nothing like going all in on +/- over a small sample size... Also it might be worth considering that Boedker put up 35 points in 71 games for the worst team in hockey last year. Since Crosby typically plays with a lawn chair strapped to each of his wings, Boedker would probably be good to surpass that total with the pens which ain't terrible for 2 Mil. So for that reason they should at least consider it. As for who will take those minutes every night, there's no shortage of terrible players who get way too much ice time. I think Phaneuf is still available if you're interested? They're basically the same guy
Big_Euge and sens2020 liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.
Pengweenies
Nothing like going all in on +/- over a small sample size... Also it might be worth considering that Boedker put up 35 points in 71 games for the worst team in hockey last year. Since Crosby typically plays with a lawn chair strapped to each of his wings, Boedker would probably be good to surpass that total with the pens which ain't terrible for 2 Mil. So for that reason they should at least consider it. As for who will take those minutes every night, there's no shortage of terrible players who get way too much ice time. I think Phaneuf is still available if you're interested? They're basically the same guy

Perhaps I’ve undervalued boedker after doing a bit of looking.

That said, still not a good trade for the pens. Our Forward group is still good enough that boedker would not sniff the top six and would probably be wasted on the 4th line. You only gave the pens 2 mill in cap space which is barely enough to sign Pettersson, and now we still have a hole on D it’s just the other side!

Pens coaching/management is just as high on Guddy as I am. I’m not outrageous to think he can continue the level of play he had for us. Similar to Schultz from Edmonton, Daley from Chicago, and Pettersson from Ana, Gudbranson came to us from a team that was totally abusing him and mismanaging him from the start. Mainly because Vancouver doesn’t have a good roster and he was playing minutes and situations he shouldn’t have been.

Gudbranson has not given Pittsburgh a single reason to move on from him.

Even if boedker is the better player the pens are still losing this trade badly because it doesn’t help them in any area that they need help and actually actively hurts the area they need help most desperately

If sully were to play boedker with Sid it would not be a good thing. We have FAR better wings for Sid. Guentzel and McCann are straight fire

Believe it or not, context matters. This trade is bad for the pens
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Pengweenies

Also including +/- with a bunch of other stats isn’t “going all in on plus minus”

You are misrepresenting my argument to support your narrative through bad faith
Aug. 2, 2019 at 1:42 p.m.
Biased Opinion
Perhaps I’ve undervalued boedker after doing a bit of looking.

That said, still not a good trade for the pens. Our Forward group is still good enough that boedker would not sniff the top six and would probably be wasted on the 4th line. You only gave the pens 2 mill in cap space which is barely enough to sign Pettersson, and now we still have a hole on D it’s just the other side!

Pens coaching/management is just as high on Guddy as I am. I’m not outrageous to think he can continue the level of play he had for us. Similar to Schultz from Edmonton, Daley from Chicago, and Pettersson from Ana, Gudbranson came to us from a team that was totally abusing him and mismanaging him from the start. Mainly because Vancouver doesn’t have a good roster and he was playing minutes and situations he shouldn’t have been.

Gudbranson has not given Pittsburgh a single reason to move on from him.

Even if boedker is the better player the pens are still losing this trade badly because it doesn’t help them in any area that they need help and actually actively hurts the area they need help most desperately

If sully were to play boedker with Sid it would not be a good thing. We have FAR better wings for Sid. Guentzel and McCann are straight fire

Believe it or not, context matters. This trade is bad for the pens

Also including +/- with a bunch of other stats isn’t “going all in on plus minus”

You are misrepresenting my argument to support your narrative through bad faith

I agree that context matters. Gudbranson has played 467 regular season games, 19 of which were for Pittsburgh. Now I would argue that 19 games is a really small sample size where results can basically be chalked up to randomness and the previous 448 games probably paint a better picture of who the player is but if you think 19 is enough than let's move forward. Briefly looking at his totals by team I would agree that 2 assists and being +7 in 19 games is definitely the highest point in his career. Now since there's no video montage of Erik Gudbranson assists readily available on youtube (surprising I know!) let's assume that one of his 2 assists was a primary and the other was a secondary. So based on my assumption in 19 games he has 1 primary assist (at best its 2) its fair to say that he doesn't add any offense for the Penguins and his +7 is more an indicator that he was sometimes on the ice. Since he doesn't add any offense it's also fair to assume that he would get more defensive zone starts as a result (you know...so he doesn't kill their chance to score). Throughout his career Gudbranson has never had strong possession metrics and perhaps that's changed on Pittsburgh (didn't check) but maybe that change is just because he's surrounded by a handful of world class players?

For context last year Ron Hainsey finished the season +30 and I wouldn't want him at 4 million either
Aug. 2, 2019 at 5:38 p.m.
Pengweenies
I agree that context matters. Gudbranson has played 467 regular season games, 19 of which were for Pittsburgh. Now I would argue that 19 games is a really small sample size where results can basically be chalked up to randomness and the previous 448 games probably paint a better picture of who the player is but if you think 19 is enough than let's move forward. Briefly looking at his totals by team I would agree that 2 assists and being +7 in 19 games is definitely the highest point in his career. Now since there's no video montage of Erik Gudbranson assists readily available on youtube (surprising I know!) let's assume that one of his 2 assists was a primary and the other was a secondary. So based on my assumption in 19 games he has 1 primary assist (at best its 2) its fair to say that he doesn't add any offense for the Penguins and his +7 is more an indicator that he was sometimes on the ice. Since he doesn't add any offense it's also fair to assume that he would get more defensive zone starts as a result (you know...so he doesn't kill their chance to score). Throughout his career Gudbranson has never had strong possession metrics and perhaps that's changed on Pittsburgh (didn't check) but maybe that change is just because he's surrounded by a handful of world class players?

For context last year Ron Hainsey finished the season +30 and I wouldn't want him at 4 million either

If the pens had Ron hainsey at four million right now instead of Guddy, we wouldn’t be looking to move him either, unless there is a dman coming back. Plain and simple.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll