SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Favorite NHL Player Growing Up

Jul. 31, 2019 at 2:41 p.m.
I am sure this has already been posted once or twice but who was your favorite NHL Player you liked watching when you grew up. Mine is pretty obscure but PJ Stock was one of my favorites to watch.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 3:07 p.m.
Below Market Value
Jere Lehtinen, Nick Lidstrom, Mark Giordano.
hanson493 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 3:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't pick favourites ... big fan of Mike Bossy though. Never really had a favourite. I don't have an all-time least favourite but right now it would probably be Tom Wilson. The guy is an absolute jerk on the ice ... i'm not going to say anything about him off the ice as i don't know him, but on the ice he's a jerk. Some would say Sean Avery but it's hard to pick one least favourite of all time. I think Wilson is actually kinda overrated. I know most people hate him but i mean as a player a lot of people say, "Well, he's really good." He is a good player, but i don't see him as a 1st liner (idk what most people say he is, so it's hard for me to know if he's overrated or not). Even if he's not overrated, he's overpaid in my opinion. He's coming off a really good year but i don't see him doing that every year ... you never know though. He used to be mostly a fighter and he was a 4th line guy, but now he does a lot more. He still does those stupid hits to the head though.

Back to the question, Bossy would have to be up there for me. Great player, and not a lot of penalty minutes for the 80s. Won the Lady Byng 3 times. Too bad he had all those injuries. He was a really good player. One of the best of all time. Changing the topic, if we're talking right now instead of growing up, Barzal would have to be up there. He's so fun to watch and plays for the Isles lol ... but i don't like to pick favourite players. He'd be one of them and I've become a Robin Lehner fan and i hope he has a good year in Chicago. Too bad he didn't re-sign. I still can't believe we gave Varlamov that contract. That whole Lehner-Varlamov thing was so weird ... i mean, you never know, maybe Varlamov can be a #1 goalie for the Islanders. I hope he plays really well, obviously.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
torontos finest
sundin and lecavalier,
Jul. 31, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Toronto Maple Leafs

In order:
Tie Domi
Auston Matthews
Mats Sundin
Mitch Marner
Darcy Tucker

NHL

In Order:

Patrick Kane
Sidney Crosby
Martin St. Louis
John Tavares
PK Subban
Jul. 31, 2019 at 3:59 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Toronto Maple Leafs

In order:
Tie Domi
Auston Matthews
Mats Sundin
Mitch Marner
Darcy Tucker

NHL

In Order:

Patrick Kane
Sidney Crosby
Martin St. Louis
John Tavares
PK Subban

DOMI??????? HOW????????
Jul. 31, 2019 at 4:10 p.m.
Pavel Bure
Jul. 31, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Pavel Bure

oh man bure was something else on the ice. him selanne and kariya were my 3 favorite forwards all time. modano and tkachuk round out the top 5 jagr is 6.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 6:19 p.m.
My family and I were watching our Czech team a lot when I was really really young (good old times when we were one of the best hockey countries). So I will say Jagr...
Jul. 31, 2019 at 7:52 p.m.
Marty St Louis was the reason I became a Tampa Fan.
Joe Sakic
Teemu Selanne
Dominator Hasek
Scott Neidermayer

And.... I dunno.... Maybe Nick Lidstrom to round out my starting lineup. :-P
hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll