Forums/Armchair-GM

see you next tuesday

Created by: Maj
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 31, 2019
Published: Jul. 31, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
yes, yes .... wishful thinking .... They won't trade Ellis based on the cheap contract he is on.
Trades
NSH
  1. Marner, Mitchell [RFA Rights]
ANA
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$75,309,699$0$0$6,190,301
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
For Marner, they probably would tbh.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
Ducks aren’t trading Kase for Ceci and a late 2nd when they are starved for offence
Maj liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:10 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Marner trade is a joke and would never happen.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Salzy
Ducks aren’t trading Kase for Ceci and a late 2nd when they are starved for offence

Thought they were starved for rhd?
Maj and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Quoting: Jamiepo

they have lots of left not enough right.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: Maj
they have lots of left not enough right.

I would LOVE to see Ellis on the Leafs (as he's from my hometown and I've met him) I would give Nylander for him or Berrie and Kerfoot, for Ellis and Smith to make things fair. Please, Please, Please.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 1:01 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
I would LOVE to see Ellis on the Leafs (as he's from my hometown and I've met him) I would give Nylander for him or Berrie and Kerfoot, for Ellis and Smith to make things fair. Please, Please, Please.

haha If I traded Ellis for Nylander, then I would get **** like I did yesterday for trading Nylander for Dumba hahaha everyone and their mother threw me in the trash for it :P
Aug. 1, 2019 at 1:05 a.m.
haha If I traded Ellis for Nylander, then I would get **** like I did yesterday for trading Nylander for Dumba hahaha everyone and their mother threw me in the trash for it :P

That's because hockey fans are fickle, that's what I love about baseball...always go for the larger sample size and DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH PLAYERS! (although most of my fellow blue jay's fans are fickle as well) but everyone who hated him now suddenly loves him because of the Marner situation...and they will fall back in love with him too.
Maj liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 1:08 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
That's because hockey fans are fickle, that's what I love about baseball...always go for the larger sample size and DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH PLAYERS! (although most of my fellow blue jay's fans are fickle as well) but everyone who hated him now suddenly loves him because of the Marner situation...and they will fall back in love with him too.

took me a long time to learn not to fall in love with players because for most of my life in nhl games I would always go for my favs, but after playing a lot of Gm mode and here, it is easy to distance yourself, especially since you have a cap to deal with. So it essentially boils down to quality. So I can distance myself, but I do love some players like Seabrook (just not his contract), Doughty and Keith etc. So, I would try to get them on my team but I know essentially cap talks louder.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 1:24 a.m.
took me a long time to learn not to fall in love with players because for most of my life in nhl games I would always go for my favs, but after playing a lot of Gm mode and here, it is easy to distance yourself, especially since you have a cap to deal with. So it essentially boils down to quality. So I can distance myself, but I do love some players like Seabrook (just not his contract), Doughty and Keith etc. So, I would try to get them on my team but I know essentially cap talks louder.

Same here, I still fall in love with players but I understand it's a business and that players come and go. I root for the logo on the front not the name on the back. I try to be as unbiased as possible and not think/make decisions based on emotion posed to logic, reasoning and understanding.
Maj liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 1:30 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Same here, I still fall in love with players but I understand it's a business and that players come and go. I root for the logo on the front not the name on the back. I try to be as unbiased as possible and not think/make decisions based on emotion posed to logic, reasoning and understanding.

There are times if I like a player I will root for him and his team, but other times I will root for the team because they are defying expectations. I think at this point, I just enjoy a good game and good players. I do believe at this point in my life, I hold no allegiance. Everyone I loved and followed is retired lol Just kids around (kids who are a bit younger than me, or my age lol)
Aug. 1, 2019 at 2:19 a.m.
There are times if I like a player I will root for him and his team, but other times I will root for the team because they are defying expectations. I think at this point, I just enjoy a good game and good players. I do believe at this point in my life, I hold no allegiance. Everyone I loved and followed is retired lol Just kids around (kids who are a bit younger than me, or my age lol)

Me too lol. I'm a fan of hockey but the Leafs are my first team and the Sharks are my second team ( always has been always will be). The players I grew up rooting for are also retired lol, but it's still nice to see what the kids can do...after all the players we grew up rooting for were once kids as well. You hold the leafs allegiance lol...but I understand what you're saying and we're happy to have you despite what some people on here say (bunch of sour grapes if you ask me lol) BTW how old are you? Are we in the same boat or no?
Aug. 1, 2019 at 2:22 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Me too lol. I'm a fan of hockey but the Leafs are my first team and the Sharks are my second team ( always has been always will be). The players I grew up rooting for are also retired lol, but it's still nice to see what the kids can do...after all the players we grew up rooting for were once kids as well. You hold the leafs allegiance lol...but I understand what you're saying and we're happy to have you despite what some people on here say (bunch of sour grapes if you ask me lol) BTW how old are you? Are we in the same boat or no?

The funny thing is I do not hold allegiance to the leafs, I started really following the leafs until they brought in the Shanahanaplan and his army. That is when Toronto started doing **** that made sense otherwise it was a **** show. So, I have confidence in the Office and if they ever leave, I might lose faith in the leafs too. This team is responsible for everything that is the leafs today.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 2:27 a.m.
The funny thing is I do not hold allegiance to the leafs, I started really following the leafs until they brought in the Shanahanaplan and his army. That is when Toronto started doing **** that made sense otherwise it was a **** show. So, I have confidence in the Office and if they ever leave, I might lose faith in the leafs too. This team is responsible for everything that is the leafs today.

Do you mean when? Also is that really the only reason you follow the Leafs? If so be careful as they can get a stranglehold on you lol. Ps, you didn't answer my question about how old you are? Lol
Aug. 1, 2019 at 2:36 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Do you mean when? Also is that really the only reason you follow the Leafs? If so be careful as they can get a stranglehold on you lol. Ps, you didn't answer my question about how old you are? Lol

35. I think I am a bit older than you. Yea man. I live in Toronto but I have been watching the **** show from the late 90s and early 2000s. They leafs were good with pat quinn, but honestly ... teams in the west were a lot better and harder. Avs were my team. Also in 99 Buffalo was my fav lol But yea ... Shanahan , his plan, babcock, lou, dubas and everything they did earned me to respect them. They really have their **** together and know what they are doing. I have been following team building since 2000s and read lots of book on hockey and what not, to realize just how doomed certain teams were because of just how unstable they were, because they didn't have a real plan, then you have teams like nash, who had a really good solid head office, but they had a very tight budget and had to draft well and build up their talent. I really looked up that kind of a model. Also how anaheim was built up, before Burke blew it up by trading away the building blocks and got players in their late 30s and just happened to win the cup, but after that the team went to the toilet.

So yea .... I have been following a lot of builders and learning what it takes to get a real team together. did you know since the 70s until now, the leafs had no real scouts, they were all jokes. I dont remember which book I read it in, but if you asked any real scouts in the nhl what they thought about toronto scouting , they knew it was terrible. Which does explain how toronto was so bad at drafting and building up talent.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 2:54 a.m.
35. I think I am a bit older than you. Yea man. I live in Toronto but I have been watching the **** show from the late 90s and early 2000s. They leafs were good with pat quinn, but honestly ... teams in the west were a lot better and harder. Avs were my team. Also in 99 Buffalo was my fav lol But yea ... Shanahan , his plan, babcock, lou, dubas and everything they did earned me to respect them. They really have their **** together and know what they are doing. I have been following team building since 2000s and read lots of book on hockey and what not, to realize just how doomed certain teams were because of just how unstable they were, because they didn't have a real plan, then you have teams like nash, who had a really good solid head office, but they had a very tight budget and had to draft well and build up their talent. I really looked up that kind of a model. Also how anaheim was built up, before Burke blew it up by trading away the building blocks and got players in their late 30s and just happened to win the cup, but after that the team went to the toilet.

So yea .... I have been following a lot of builders and learning what it takes to get a real team together. did you know since the 70s until now, the leafs had no real scouts, they were all jokes. I dont remember which book I read it in, but if you asked any real scouts in the nhl what they thought about toronto scouting , they knew it was terrible. Which does explain how toronto was so bad at drafting and building up talent.

Ahh, so your 4 years older than me soon to be 3 lol. And I agree and have followed every team as well. Nashville still has mostly the same leadership. Pat Quinn is also from my hometown (we/they actually renamed the street he grew up on to Pat Quinn Way, I miss him dearly as he was monumental in our community, very sad to see him go?? I also got to meet him...great guy) and you're definitely right about our scouting...its been atrocious for years, at least until Shanahan came in with his Shanaplan lol (thank goodness lol) I also liked the Avs and the ducks teams then...(remember Federov on the ducks, still seems kinda weird but also appropriate seems how they won the cup and all) but I truly honestly hope you don't give up on the Leafs as we are definitely happy to have you onboard and hope we don't lose a fan as loyal as you (Shanahan or no Shanahan, ).
Maj liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.

Not starved but we could use one, Fowler can play the right side if need be, we can’t afford to trade one of our best offensive players, we need offence more than RD that trade 100% makes our team worse and a late second doesn’t make up for it
Maj liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Salzy
Not starved but we could use one, Fowler can play the right side if need be, we can’t afford to trade one of our best offensive players, we need offence more than RD that trade 100% makes our team worse and a late second doesn’t make up for it

The trade value is off for sure. Wouldn’t explain eat the ducks to make that trade. I would target Ritchie and add something small to go with ceci. Pick or a prospect.
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
The trade value is off for sure. Wouldn’t explain eat the ducks to make that trade. I would target Ritchie and add something small to go with ceci. Pick or a prospect.

Yeah if Ceci is coming to us Ritchie is a much better fit trade wise, I wouldn't move Kase for Risto let alone Ceci

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll