Forums/Armchair-GM

2019 2020 TDL

Created by: exo2769
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 17, 2019
Published: Aug. 2, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This post is just to spur thoughts. It's going to be the hard questions that Hawks fans need to face in February. Not just the...What happens if the Hawks have injuries, but what happens if they're 100% healthy, but are a bubble team?

There are soo many teams going all in, maybe it's best to trade away pending UFAs for picks/prospects?

In all seriousness, this team posted below only has $16M-$18M for next year. What are the odds of re-signing Debrincat, Strome, any #1 goalie, AND Kubliak for $16-$18M? Oh and Gus? I don't see it. Maybe some hard choices need to be made???

For anyone posting below. What do you think these guys would get in trade value? AND What do you want to see Stan do in February? Trade FOR another player? Trade Away UFAs? Or nothing, just let them play out?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (MTL)
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Conditional 3rd rounder back dependant on number of games played as a hedge.
CGY
  1. Crawford, Corey ($3,000,000 retained)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
Obviously this is dependant on Crow being 110% healthy
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (TOR)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
CAR
  1. Lehner, Robin ($2,500,000 retained)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$67,157,520$0$6,920,000$14,342,480
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
G
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:15 a.m.
that's a little heavy on the trades. we need a goalie ha

i think if we are sitting in a playoff spot even WC you got to do all you can to make it. playoffs are a luxury we have taken for grated in the past. just like st. louis if you get in you can win.

with that said if we are outside looking in, and no signs of improving i'm ok with trading the following: Smith, Gus, Murphy, no goalie trades( we need to keep one for next year).

also if a lot of teams have the mentality of "if we get in we can win" that will turn it into a sellers market. the returns could be high draft picks, and good prospects. there are a lot of teams that are in "win now mode".

i think Chicago will be in the palyoffs, and somewhat comfortably. so i see us being very minor buyers at the TDL.

Thoughts?
exo2769 liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
exo2769
Quoting: battadan
that's a little heavy on the trades. we need a goalie ha

i think if we are sitting in a playoff spot even WC you got to do all you can to make it. playoffs are a luxury we have taken for grated in the past. just like st. louis if you get in you can win.

with that said if we are outside looking in, and no signs of improving i'm ok with trading the following: Smith, Gus, Murphy, no goalie trades( we need to keep one for next year).

also if a lot of teams have the mentality of "if we get in we can win" that will turn it into a sellers market. the returns could be high draft picks, and good prospects. there are a lot of teams that are in "win now mode".

i think Chicago will be in the palyoffs, and somewhat comfortably. so i see us being very minor buyers at the TDL.

Thoughts?

I hear ya on the trades being a little heavy. In terms of too many. I really do think those late 1st rounders are achievable though...if Stan were to go this route. I'll admit, I'm still a spoiled Hawks fan and I don't want a 1st round exit. If they're struggling in Feb AND look like they're the 2nd wild card team...then I'd prefer to build one more year. If they're in a solid position for the playoffs then I'm for keeping BOTH goalies because that tandem to me is what's really going to help for a deep playoff run. I'd still be ok with trading Gus because Boqvist looks to be already...ready. Teams like Tampa, TOR, and Boston have built up their farm systems so that they can maintain playoff longevity. Stan's built up a nice defensive prospect pool and even some nice center depth, but I don't think that pool is deep enough yet. The Hawks don't have many quality OHL/WHL/Q players...sans Kirby. I believe he's their only one now. Most of the guys are signed to play in Rockford. It's possible I'm missing a guy or two like Gravel for example.
battadan liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: exo2769
I hear ya on the trades being a little heavy. In terms of too many. I really do think those late 1st rounders are achievable though...if Stan were to go this route. I'll admit, I'm still a spoiled Hawks fan and I don't want a 1st round exit. If they're struggling in Feb AND look like they're the 2nd wild card team...then I'd prefer to build one more year. If they're in a solid position for the playoffs then I'm for keeping BOTH goalies because that tandem to me is what's really going to help for a deep playoff run. I'd still be ok with trading Gus because Boqvist looks to be already...ready. Teams like Tampa, TOR, and Boston have built up their farm systems so that they can maintain playoff longevity. Stan's built up a nice defensive prospect pool and even some nice center depth, but I don't think that pool is deep enough yet. The Hawks don't have many quality OHL/WHL/Q players...sans Kirby. I believe he's their only one now. Most of the guys are signed to play in Rockford. It's possible I'm missing a guy or two like Gravel for example.

agreed. another year of collecting prospects, and first rounders would definitely pay off. missing the playoffs 3 years in a row would just be a hard pill to swallow. but might pay off next year.

its going to be an interesting year to say the least. do you think Center is our weakest position for depth?
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
Chewbacca88
Edited Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
My understanding is that if Lehner has a good season, Chicago is gonna pay him. Crawford retires or walks to free agency so goaltending is not going to be a problem next summer. Delia is more than ready for the NHL. Gustafsson is done at the TDL. He's horrible defensively and Boqvist can provide the same offensive production. He's incredible. I think we also try to trade Connor Murphy to a team like Edmonton. It makes a lot of sense to send Murphy and a forward to Edmonton in exchange for maybe their first round pick. I don't think perlini sticks around much past December if he even gets signed. Saad is a question mark for me. I think we'll have the cap space to sign Debrincat for 8x8 and Strome for 6x6. Kubalik won't get more than 2.5 and Lehner will get 7ish.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1368831
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
Quoting: CrazyK04
My understanding is that if Lehner has a good season, Chicago is gonna pay him. Crawford retires or walks to free agency so goaltending is not going to be a problem next summer. Delia is more than ready for the NHL. Gustafsson is done at the TDL. He's horrible defensively and Boqvist can provide the same offensive production. He's incredible. I think we also try to trade Connor Murphy to a team like Edmonton. It makes a lot of sense to send Murphy and a forward to Edmonton in exchange for maybe their first round pick. I don't think perlini sticks around much past December if he even gets signed. Saad is a question mark for me. I think we'll have the cap space to sign Debrincat for 8x8 and Strome for 6x6. Kubalik won't get more than 2.5 and Lehner will get 7ish.

i agree with the goaltender situation. I would not be comfortable going with crow, even though i love the guy.

Delia can be a good back-up, or Lankinen might jump him, and trade Delia to a team in need of a better backup. i'd be more ok with Murphy going than Gus. Gus gets harped on a lot, but a 60pt dman is not something to take for granted. if he is wit ha stay at home dman it can work. Murphy is nothing special to me.

i think Saad get traded at the deadline if we are in seller mode. he would be a great addition to a team going for it.

I think we are in great shape to sign everyone needed next summer.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:14 a.m.
exo2769
agreed. another year of collecting prospects, and first rounders would definitely pay off. missing the playoffs 3 years in a row would just be a hard pill to swallow. but might pay off next year.

its going to be an interesting year to say the least. do you think Center is our weakest position for depth?

Good question. Kirby and Evan Barrett and Jake Wise are true centers. Kurashev has played the role, but he can also play wing. I'd actually say the scoring winger is the weakest position. I'm not sold that Alex Nylander will be what Stan's hoping him to be. Stan did trade for Kubliak who I do believe can fill that role for a bit, but just looking into the prospect pool alone...Kurashev and Nylander are kinda it. Entwhistle is a fine 2-way player, but not exactly a high end scoring machine. I also, think that's why guys like Brandon Hagel, Reece Johnson, and Wedin decided to sign the Chicago vs other teams this past off season. Then I'd agree with you about centers. The Hawks could use a quicker smaller 2-way gym rat type center. Barret can play a #3C because of his solid size and 2-way game, but having some diversity among centers would be good. None of the Hawks centers are particularly speedy.
battadan liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
awesome input. i know a little about our prospects, but not that much in depth. i know entwhistle will be a 3-4th liner but a guy you need. really like watching him with Guelph Storm. fun to watch.

i think 1 if not both of Kurashev, and Kubalik are going to be a great find. i hope we get to keep them long term, and not fumble it like Panarin.

so you are thinking we need a Petterson, Aho type player in the pipeline? i think the next draft is supposed to be pretty deep. might be worth sitting in the top 10.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.
exo2769
i agree with the goaltender situation. I would not be comfortable going with crow, even though i love the guy.

Delia can be a good back-up, or Lankinen might jump him, and trade Delia to a team in need of a better backup. i'd be more ok with Murphy going than Gus. Gus gets harped on a lot, but a 60pt dman is not something to take for granted. if he is wit ha stay at home dman it can work. Murphy is nothing special to me.

i think Saad get traded at the deadline if we are in seller mode. he would be a great addition to a team going for it.

I think we are in great shape to sign everyone needed next summer.

I don't think we should trade Delia. 3 years $1M per is good for both him and the team. I do agree that 60 point Dmen shouldn't be taken for granted, but I don't think the Hawks can sign him next year and I certainly don't want to see him walk for nothing in return considering Boqvist is waiting in the wings. @CrazyK04 I really don't think EDM can take Murphy's cap him. We'd probably have to take cap back which isn't ideal. EDM's defense is also getting better too. Bouchard will be a very good dman and Adam Larrson can play the shutdown role.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
exo2769
awesome input. i know a little about our prospects, but not that much in depth. i know entwhistle will be a 3-4th liner but a guy you need. really like watching him with Guelph Storm. fun to watch.

i think 1 if not both of Kurashev, and Kubalik are going to be a great find. i hope we get to keep them long term, and not fumble it like Panarin.

so you are thinking we need a Petterson, Aho type player in the pipeline? i think the next draft is supposed to be pretty deep. might be worth sitting in the top 10.

Very hard to predict where we're going to sit in the draft next year, but having more bullets in the chamber would be nice. Goal scorers like Kane/Debrincat would be my focus. So, just using this past draft. Cole Caufield pick #15. Nolan Foote pick #27. Arthur Kayilev pick #33. Guys like that. Doesn't HAVE to be a top 10 pick, but obviously doesn't hurt.
battadan liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: exo2769
I don't think we should trade Delia. 3 years $1M per is good for both him and the team. I do agree that 60 point Dmen shouldn't be taken for granted, but I don't think the Hawks can sign him next year and I certainly don't want to see him walk for nothing in return considering Boqvist is waiting in the wings. @CrazyK04 I really don't think EDM can take Murphy's cap him. We'd probably have to take cap back which isn't ideal. EDM's defense is also getting better too. Bouchard will be a very good dman and Adam Larrson can play the shutdown role.

good point on Delia. keep him to back up Lehner is this plays out as we expect.

would you rather Chicago extend Gus before the dealine for 5 year at 5mil (just guessing here) or trade him at deadline.?
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
exo2769
good point on Delia. keep him to back up Lehner is this plays out as we expect.

would you rather Chicago extend Gus before the dealine for 5 year at 5mil (just guessing here) or trade him at deadline.?

I could 100% understand how someone can pick either of these options. I'd trade him, but it really has nothing to do with his talent. It's more so that Gus will be a cap casualty. The Hawks really don't have as much room as people think and while trading away a Saad or Murphy is a possible solution...you'll A.) not get the same kind of return that Gus will get and B.) the Hawks have a Gus replacement already. Boqvist is less that $1M. I've been saying for months now that Gus would be an outstanding fit for MTL. MTL also have the pieces (prospects/picks) to send back.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll