SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Boom or Bust Predictions

Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
torontos finest
What teams/players/prospects etc. do you expect to either boom or bust?

Fyr, boom means that a player/team that's expected to be poor or average does really well, and bust is vise-versa; a player/team that's expected to do well does poorly.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:15 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
What teams/players/prospects etc. do you expect to either boom or bust?

Fyr, boom means that a player/team that's expected to be poor or average does really well, and bust is vise-versa; a player/team that's expected to do well does poorly.

Boom teams: florida, devils. made key additions that should significantly help their team, especially florida. bust: flames, leafs. Flames just had a great season and now have to take a small step back because of cap issues. they are still looking to move brodie and got worse by bringing in lucic. Leafs lost a lot of their grittiness by dealing kadri and connor brown. they moved zhaitsev contract which really wasnt that bad and bring back ceci which is just a stopgap realistically but they are similar players. Barrie is a significant upgrade to gardiner but how he fits here is yet to be seen. losing hainsey and not replacing him doesnt help them whatsoever. to summarize leafs show they are cup contenders all year then get bounced first round once again.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Boom: Solely looking at bruins players: Debrusk, Cehlarik, and one of steen, studnicka, lauko, bjork, senyshyn. Bust: Heinen yet again, because they will put him on the 3rd line with coyle and he will be a non factor. Chara, I think this is the year he is finally too old and realizes he just dont have it. Halak, no way he repeats the year he just had.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 2:50 p.m.
BOOMS
Team: Florida Panthers
Player: Pontus Aberg
Prospect: Dante Fabbro

BUSTS
Team: Dallas Stars
Player: Mats Zuccarello
Prospect: Alex Nylander
Aug. 5, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
BOOMS
Team: Florida Panthers
Player: Pontus Aberg
Prospect: Dante Fabbro

BUSTS
Team: Dallas Stars
Player: Mats Zuccarello
Prospect: Alex Nylander

I can see dallas busting, i can also see zuc having a down year, it depends on where nylander goes in the lineup. if he gets slotted in on 2nd line. he will be a boom prospect. I think aberg could boom as well with toronto but they have alot of potential prospects they might try and slot in.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:25 p.m.
Boom Teams:
New York Rangers (Have good goaltending, High-end forwards *only issue is center depth*, and have a solid defense with the addition of Trouba and Fox)
Arizona Coyotes *somehow everyone thinks they're still bad* (Good goal tending, Added Scoring depth and high end offense I.E Kessel and a very good defense)
Florida Panthers (Addition of Bob and Stralman give great goaltending and a responsible defenseman)

Bust Teams:
New Jersey Devils (Lack Goaltending)
New York Islanders (Lack of Goalie tandem and Loss of scoring depth)
Winnipeg Jets (Downfall is Defense and Consistency)

Boom Players:
Henrik Lundqvist (will have a better year)
Morgan Frost (Slot 3rd line wing and will be able to show off his skill and play making)
JT Miller (will be playing top 6 mins with Ep and Boeser or with Horvat. Will get 65-70 points)

Bust Players:
Kevin Hayes (Won't live up to his contract, but will get 50-55 points. I think in terms of the hype and his play he will be a bust)
PK Subban ( easily one of the most overrated Defenseman, Great character. I don't think that he's the right fit of defenseman in NJ)
Rikard Rakell (If Getzlaf is healthy and Steel plays Rakell will either be 3c or a wing. He won't be the Rakell from two years ago or the 58 point Rakell from last year if this happens)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll