SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

All Time Line Ups

Aug. 2, 2019 at 8:40 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
I plan on doing an all-time hockey lineup for every NHL team. I am open to hearing suggestions from all of you regarding players you want me to include for each team. All contributions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 8:50 p.m.
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
I plan on doing an all-time hockey lineup for every NHL team. I am open to hearing suggestions from all of you regarding players you want me to include for each team. All contributions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yo, this is dope! Adding to watched list.
Agent_Of_R9 liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:25 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yo, this is dope! Adding to watched list.

Since I’ll be doing it in alphabetical order, the Ducks are first. Do you have any suggestions on who you think should be on it? Feel free to tag anyone else with knowledge on this!
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
More To Come
For SJS

Marleau-Thornton-Nolan
Sturm-Couture-Pavelski
Makarov-Larionov-Garpenlov (the famous OV line)
Meier-Ricci-Cheechoo

Extras - Pat Faloon, Ryane Clowe, Alex Korolyuk, Timo Meier, Vincent Damphousse, Jamie Baker (scored the most famous goal in SJS history) Bryan Marchment, Douglas Murray, Mike Hoffman (legendary Shark) Rob Blake, Jeremy Roenick (we hate him) Link Gaetz (facepuncher, but damn scary for his time) Brad Stuart, Mike Rathje and Bill Guerin (TDL acquisition, didnt do much but hes a USA legend)

Notes - Ricci and Cheechoo are massive fan favorites, cheechoo had a 56 goal year narrowing out Jagr and Ovechkin for the Richard trophy. Ricci was just gritty and played in your face hockey and scored some big goals. I’d argue that Ricci and Cheechoo are just as popular as Nolan, Patty and Jumbo for SJ fans who we’re watching back then.

The OV line only had one season in SJ but it was the franchises arguably most important season. Coming off a NHL record most losses in 92-93 the Sharks had one of the best top lines in the league with the OV line and the Sharks had the biggest turnaround season in NHL history getting into the playoffs for the first time as the 8th seed against the Detroit Red Wings taking them to seven games and setting up the biggest goal in franchise history where Jamie Baker scored the game winner in the 3rd period defeating a dominant Detroit squad. The Sharks took Toronto to seven games and lost in the Semi’s. So, the importance of this line cannot be overstated for Sharks fans.

Boyle-Karlsson
Vlasic-Burns
Wilson-Ozolinsh. Wilson was the very first Captain of the Sharks and now has served as GM since 2003.

Nabokov
Irbe
Kiprusoff (drafted by SJ, traded for 2nd round pick which became Vlasic)
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:37 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Frank_Booth
For SJS

Marleau-Thornton-Nolan
Sturm-Couture-Pavelski
Makarov-Larionov-Garpenlov (the famous OV line)
Meier-Ricci-Cheechoo

Extras - Pat Faloon, Ryane Clowe, Alex Korolyuk, Timo Meier, Vincent Damphousse, Jamie Baker (scored the most famous goal in SJS history) Bryan Marchment, Douglas Murray, Mike Hoffman (legendary Shark) Rob Blake, Jeremy Roenick (we hate him) Link Gaetz (facepuncher, but damn scary for his time) Brad Stuart, Mike Rathje and Bill Guerin (TDL acquisition, didnt do much but hes a USA legend)

Notes - Ricci and Cheechoo are massive fan favorites, cheechoo had a 56 goal year narrowing out Jagr and Ovechkin for the Richard trophy. Ricci was just gritty and played in your face hockey and scored some big goals. I’d argue that Ricci and Cheechoo are just as popular as Nolan, Patty and Jumbo for SJ fans who we’re watching back then.

The OV line only had one season in SJ but it was the franchises arguably most important season. Coming off a NHL record most losses in 92-93 the Sharks had one of the best top lines in the league with the OV line and the Sharks had the biggest turnaround season in NHL history getting into the playoffs for the first time as the 8th seed against the Detroit Red Wings taking them to seven games and setting up the biggest goal in franchise history where Jamie Baker scored the game winner in the 3rd period defeating a dominant Detroit squad. The Sharks took Toronto to seven games and lost in the Semi’s. So, the importance of this line cannot be overstated for Sharks fans.

Boyle-Karlsson
Vlasic-Burns
Wilson-Ozolinsh. Wilson was the very first Captain of the Sharks and now has served as GM since 2003.

Nabokov
Irbe
Kiprusoff (drafted by SJ, traded for 2nd round pick which became Vlasic)

Thank you so much for your contribution. Very detailed explanations and great selections. I like how you included players such as Ricci and Clowe, they were quite underrated in their prime. You are right about the OV line's presence, I honestly did not expect a team that's only been around for 30 years to already have so much history.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 10:51 p.m.
More To Come
Thank you so much for your contribution. Very detailed explanations and great selections. I like how you included players such as Ricci and Clowe, they were quite underrated in their prime. You are right about the OV line's presence, I honestly did not expect a team that's only been around for 30 years to already have so much history.

Clowe was a real fan favorite. He was hard as nails and beat the crap out of anyone who fought him. He was Coutures bodyguard his first couple years in the league. And he loved pissing of the Kings. It was sad to see him traded and even more sad to see him having all these postconcussion issues the last few years. He's my 3rd favorite Shark all time after Cheechoo and Nabby.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.
Eichel Tower
Edited Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Buffalo Sabres, no explanation just my gut feeling
Vanek Perreault Pominville
Martin LaFontaine Robert
Skinner Eichel Reinhart
Craig Ramsey Don Luce Danny Gare
Dahlin Ristolainen
Hajt Ramsey
Schoenfeld Myers
And the greatest NHL GK of all time
Dominic Hasek
EDIT, Honorable mention:
Eddie Shack, without him we do not get Robert
Joe Daley, without him we do not get Luce and Robitaille
Barrie Moore and Craig Millar without them we do not get Satan
Stephane Beauregard with him we do not get Hasek
Bostonbruins liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 8:12 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Edited Aug. 3, 2019 at 8:28 a.m.
Quoting: GMTD
Buffalo Sabres, no explanation just my gut feeling
Vanek Perreault Pominville
Martin LaFontaine Robert
Skinner Eichel Reinhart
Craig Ramsey Don Luce Danny Gare
Dahlin Ristolainen
Hajt Ramsey
Schoenfeld Myers
And the greatest NHL GK of all time
Dominic Hasek
EDIT, Honorable mention:
Eddie Shack, without him we do not get Robert
Joe Daley, without him we do not get Luce and Robitaille
Barrie Moore and Craig Millar without them we do not get Satan
Stephane Beauregard with him we do not get Hasek

Thank you for your contribution. I will consider these options. What about Danny Briere, Brian Campbell and Ryan Miller?
GMTD liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Clowe was a real fan favorite. He was hard as nails and beat the crap out of anyone who fought him. He was Coutures bodyguard his first couple years in the league. And he loved pissing of the Kings. It was sad to see him traded and even more sad to see him having all these postconcussion issues the last few years. He's my 3rd favorite Shark all time after Cheechoo and Nabby.

Yes I remember Clowe. He was a typical power forward who had a few 20 goal 50 point seasons. A great net front guy on the powerplay who excelled in all situations. Nasty player who hit and fought, but indeed the health issues ended his career. A Sharks legend without question.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Thank you for your contribution. I will consider these options. What about Danny Briere, Brian Campbell and Ryan Miller?

Housley and Campbell over Hajt and Schoenfeld good idea thanks.
Miller was VERY good, but Hasek in his prime could take an AHL team to the playoffs (he did it several times with the Sabres). Even at the age of 36. after his skills had eroded, he had 6 shut outs playing for Detroit, which was a record at the time, broken by Brodeur the following year.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:07 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: GMTD
Housley and Campbell over Hajt and Schoenfeld good idea thanks.
Miller was VERY good, but Hasek in his prime could take an AHL team to the playoffs (he did it several times with the Sabres). Even at the age of 36. after his skills had eroded, he had 6 shut outs playing for Detroit, which was a record at the time, broken by Brodeur the following year.

Yeah I think Miller can be a backup, and Housley was an elite puck moving defenseman.
GMTD liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:08 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
@GMTD @Frank_Booth Do you guys have any player suggestions for the Anaheim Ducks? Possibly Pahlsson-Niedermeyer-Moen?
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:09 a.m.
Yeah I think Miller can be a backup, and Housley was an elite puck moving defenseman.

Horsley has the rookie record for most pts by an 18 year old dman
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
@GMTD @Frank_Booth Do you guys have any player suggestions for the Anaheim Ducks? Possibly Pahlsson-Niedermeyer-Moen?

Sellane ... Getzlaf ...
GMTD liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Horsley has the rookie record for most pts by an 18 year old dman

Yes I am aware. HOFer too.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Sellane ... Getzlaf ...

What about Perry and Kariya?
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:13 a.m.
I'm 17... So I really don't know alot about teams of the past ?
Aug. 3, 2019 at 9:13 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
I'm 17... So I really don't know alot about teams of the past ?

That’s okay.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
More To Come

Rucchin, both Niedermayers, Giguere, Pronger, Fedorov, Hiller, Koivu and Beauchemin.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 10:41 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Rucchin, both Niedermayers, Giguere, Pronger, Fedorov, Hiller, Koivu and Beauchemin.

Yes. Good selections.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
More To Come
Yes. Good selections.

Also add in Bobby Ryan (he was good with the ducks), Vitali Vishnevsky, Ruslan Salei, Frederick Olausson, Matt Cullen, Oleg Tverdovsky and Andy McDonald.
GMTD liked this.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Also add in Bobby Ryan (he was good with the ducks), Vitali Vishnevsky, Ruslan Salei, Frederick Olausson, Matt Cullen, Oleg Tverdovsky and Andy McDonald.

Yes Ryan for sure. What about Lubomir Visnovsky?
Aug. 3, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
More To Come
Yes Ryan for sure. What about Lubomir Visnovsky?

Only had a couple seasons iirc. Was good but they weren’t pivotal seasons for Anaheim. You could easily piece together a lineup of Ducks with 23 players sans Visnovsky. Ducks fans may disagree, me being a sharks fan my understanding of ducks greats could be a bit skewed.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Only had a couple seasons iirc. Was good but they weren’t pivotal seasons for Anaheim. You could easily piece together a lineup of Ducks with 23 players sans Visnovsky.

Fair enough.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll