SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

4 on 4 NHL

Is it time for the NHL to reduce it's roster and play 4 on 4 full time?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 6, 2019 at 2:24 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: hanson493
You need to look at the average age of viewership for mlb. the 60+ demographic is the one watching/falling asleep to the games. the 16-60 demo isnt really watching baseball on tv because of how long the games take. Redsox yankees. 2nd best rivalry in sports behind bruins and habs. took almost 4 and a half hours the other day. and it wasnt a close game. I dont want to watch that product. Sure soccer is being talked about but is it expanding? i guess it depends on the area. It isnt really expanding in massachusetts.

Not sure where you're getting your information from. My refs about the leagues are from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue, which has the sources in the rightmost column. UFC source is here: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/15/18310943/ufc-revenues-for-2018-were-well-over-600-million.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not looking up Scott Stevens hits because I don't care about his stupid hits. Like the hit on Kariya? You're not saying you want to see that, do you? Scott Stevens hits shouldn't be in the game ... Tom Wilson should stop his stupid hits to the head. Sammy Blais? Why does he have to be making the hits he makes? I was hoping the Bruins would beat the Blues because the Blues' game was all about injuring the other teams' players ... yes, Boston hits, too, but their hits aren't quite as bad as the Blues' hits (especially Sammy Blais) and they play a faster game ... I hate it when people say, "Oh, it's his own fault he got hit in the head." It's not. You know who else i don't like? Niklas Kronwall. Everyone says, "OH, HE GOT KRONWALLED!" as if it's super awesome. Did you see his hit on Anders Lee this past year? How is that not even a penalty????????? People said, "That's a clean hit." Even by the NHL's rules that's not a clean hit. Look it up and watch it. It's not a clean hit EVEN BY THE RULES. Sammy Blais's hits he made this playoff shouldn't be allowed but by the rules they were "clean hits". I definitely wanted San Jose to beat St. Louis. The Blues knew EK was playing hurt so they started hitting him as much as they could, and they did that with the other Sharks' star players. Yes, i will say that San Jose shouldn't have played Karlsson in game 5 of that series, but still, what a stupid strategy by the Blues. Watching them in the playoffs I didn't want them to win the cup.

I just wanted consistency. Scott Stevens hit on kariya was late and should be suspendable. but if kariya has the puck and he gets hit like that, thats on him for not knowing his surroundings. Blues played super over the line this playoffs but the league let the get away with it. Only because they were scared about calling another major penalty after vegas got screwed on the pavelski call. Blues heavy hockey was over the line. but there is a line between good physical hockey and over the line b.s. I want heavy massive hits back in the game. its more exciting to watch when everyone can play all out and not be held back. I would argue that the bruins could have retaliated on sundqvists hit and barbashevs hit but would have gotten a far worse suspension for a similar play.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Not sure where you're getting your information from. My refs about the leagues are from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue, which has the sources in the rightmost column. UFC source is here: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/15/18310943/ufc-revenues-for-2018-were-well-over-600-million.

just from what i hear in the radio markets. soccer in other areas of the states may be developing at a faster pace. but massachusetts its not. Maybe thats due to the team being in a poor area (not in the city) or maybe its due to bad marketing (not on tv all that often or advertised to be on tv). As the talent gets better in the league revenues might increase but the majority of people here will always prefer football to soccer. We are given tv ratings all the time for different demographics for all of the sports. and MLB is not dont well in the younger demo as it is in the older demo.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 3:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Edited Aug. 6, 2019 at 3:52 p.m.
just from what i hear in the radio markets. soccer in other areas of the states may be developing at a faster pace. but massachusetts its not. Maybe thats due to the team being in a poor area (not in the city) or maybe its due to bad marketing (not on tv all that often or advertised to be on tv). As the talent gets better in the league revenues might increase but the majority of people here will always prefer football to soccer. We are given tv ratings all the time for different demographics for all of the sports. and MLB is not dont well in the younger demo as it is in the older demo.

Sounds like a regional thing. Boston is a saturated sports market with four major teams doing well and the MLS has been established in the area for about 20 years now. It may grow if their broadcasting situation improves but they're under the foot of Robert Kraft so it's doubtful.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:10 p.m.
Sounds like a regional thing. Boston is a saturated sports market with four major teams doing well and the MLS has been established in the area for about 20 years now. It may grow if their broadcasting situation improves but they're under the foot of Robert Kraft so it's doubtful.

Its just location based. If they put the soccer stadium where the population that actually likes soccer is (in boston) it would blow up here. BUT they dont want to build a new stadium for a team that isnt going to return on the investment of a new stadium.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I just wanted consistency. Scott Stevens hit on kariya was late and should be suspendable. but if kariya has the puck and he gets hit like that, thats on him for not knowing his surroundings. Blues played super over the line this playoffs but the league let the get away with it. Only because they were scared about calling another major penalty after vegas got screwed on the pavelski call. Blues heavy hockey was over the line. but there is a line between good physical hockey and over the line b.s. I want heavy massive hits back in the game. its more exciting to watch when everyone can play all out and not be held back. I would argue that the bruins could have retaliated on sundqvists hit and barbashevs hit but would have gotten a far worse suspension for a similar play.

So, do you think players should be allowed to make stupid hits or not? I'm confused ...
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:34 p.m.
So, do you think players should be allowed to make stupid hits or not? I'm confused ...

Yes but have severe repercussions. IF a guy like tom wilson wants to go try and take someones head off. you start with a half season suspension and just double it for every new offense. I want BIG hits, all year long. I dont want dirty hits. I want there to be a very clear distinction between what is dirty and what is clean. No fine line to walk on. Make it easy for a human to see and call. Like that torey krug hit on rob thomas. Like the Nordstrom hit on Blais. I want hard heavy hockey but with a distinct line. I want charging to be taken out of the rule book. if you wanna skate the length of the ice full speed and put a guy through the glass let em do it as long as they arent going head hunting. If Wilson wants to fly and crush someone through the shoulder, through the body, submarine him, im perfectly fine with all of those scenarios.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yes but have severe repercussions. IF a guy like tom wilson wants to go try and take someones head off. you start with a half season suspension and just double it for every new offense. I want BIG hits, all year long. I dont want dirty hits. I want there to be a very clear distinction between what is dirty and what is clean. No fine line to walk on. Make it easy for a human to see and call. Like that torey krug hit on rob thomas. Like the Nordstrom hit on Blais. I want hard heavy hockey but with a distinct line. I want charging to be taken out of the rule book. if you wanna skate the length of the ice full speed and put a guy through the glass let em do it as long as they arent going head hunting. If Wilson wants to fly and crush someone through the shoulder, through the body, submarine him, im perfectly fine with all of those scenarios.

You mean charging or the penalty for charging? Also, i don't remember a Nordstrom hit on Blais ... and Krug hit Thomas in the head. Seriously, watch it. He got him in the head. If you don't believe me, pause the video when he hits him.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:41 p.m.
You mean charging or the penalty for charging? Also, i don't remember a Nordstrom hit on Blais ... and Krug hit Thomas in the head. Seriously, watch it. He got him in the head. If you don't believe me, pause the video when he hits him.

gets him clean in the shoulder i watched it probably 100 times. there was zero real head contact. you wanna tell me his jersey touches him maybe but no physical contact with any of krugs body hits thomas at all. i mean penalty for charging should just be eliminated. get rid of charging. its the worst penalty in hockey. nordstrom hit was along the wall in the same game that grz got boarded. ALL Blues fans wanted nordstrom suspended too for a clean hit.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 5:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
gets him clean in the shoulder i watched it probably 100 times. there was zero real head contact. you wanna tell me his jersey touches him maybe but no physical contact with any of krugs body hits thomas at all. i mean penalty for charging should just be eliminated. get rid of charging. its the worst penalty in hockey. nordstrom hit was along the wall in the same game that grz got boarded. ALL Blues fans wanted nordstrom suspended too for a clean hit.

Don't remember the Nordstrom hit ... Krug definitely gets Thomas in the head.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hip-check-torey-krug-lays-monstrous-helmet-less-hit-on-blues-robert-thomas-1.5152277

Pause at 0:45.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hip-check-torey-krug-lays-monstrous-helmet-less-hit-on-blues-robert-thomas-1.5152277

I see a check from krug through thomas shoulder. I dont see krug hitting thomas head. Maybe incidental with the jersey but its not taking any sort of blow from any body part. ALL of the check is into thomas shoulder.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 10:07 a.m.
Below Market Value

The principle point of contact is definitely not with the head. Any head contact is purely incidental and is very minimal. It's a clean hit.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I see a check from krug through thomas shoulder. I dont see krug hitting thomas head. Maybe incidental with the jersey but its not taking any sort of blow from any body part. ALL of the check is into thomas shoulder.

Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
The principle point of contact is definitely not with the head. Any head contact is purely incidental and is very minimal. It's a clean hit.

You can't argue he gets him in the head though.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 9:08 a.m.
You can't argue he gets him in the head though.

Ive literally been arguing it. Its not like hes driving his elbow or his shoulder into thomas's head. IF ANYTHING its just jersey that catches his head. I paused it at .45 and everything and i see all contact with the shoulder/side of thomas body ZERO head contact.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ive literally been arguing it. Its not like hes driving his elbow or his shoulder into thomas's head. IF ANYTHING its just jersey that catches his head. I paused it at .45 and everything and i see all contact with the shoulder/side of thomas body ZERO head contact.

It happens quickly so it's hard to see ... he does get him in the head though. Maybe his shoulder first, but he gets him in the head at least a little.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
It happens quickly so it's hard to see ... he does get him in the head though. Maybe his shoulder first, but he gets him in the head at least a little.

he hits his shoulder causing his head to snap. Krug doesnt hit thomas head. sorry man i just dont see what you are talking about. clear as day clean hit by krug.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
torontos finest
i think we're all missing the key point as to why perron was sitting on krug a few seconds earlier
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
i think we're all missing the key point as to why perron was sitting on krug a few seconds earlier

with literally no interference penalty while the refs just watched him assault krug.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 9:45 p.m.
More reason for why 4 on 4 hockey would be more entertaining, the Blues style of hockey wins them the Cup, if the Blues had to play 4 on 4 they would have been knocked out in the 1st Rd.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 9:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
he hits his shoulder causing his head to snap. Krug doesnt hit thomas head. sorry man i just dont see what you are talking about. clear as day clean hit by krug.

All i can say is i clearly see contact with the head and idk why nobody noticed that.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 8:48 a.m.
All i can say is i clearly see contact with the head and idk why nobody noticed that.

because its not full on contact. its not like krugs going for the head. is he just not supposed to hit thomas there? what other outcome would you want for this play?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:05 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
because its not full on contact. its not like krugs going for the head. is he just not supposed to hit thomas there? what other outcome would you want for this play?

Him not making the hit.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.
torontos finest

perron to continue sitting on krug
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
perron to continue sitting on krug

tears of joy
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Him not making the hit.

So you want to take clean contact out of a contact sport. lets just make it figure skating with a stick and a puck. Hell why have a defense. should be 3 on 3 offense only. no defense.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit