SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Kevin Shattenkirk (1 Year / $1,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
What in tarnation
Nice signing. This could play well in their favor.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Nazaleaf
Arghh why??! The hockey gods are unfair I tell you. Rangers are literally paying Tampa to take a decent right handed defenseman with the potential of being a great player. They basically replaced Stralman with Shattenkirk. Gah it's such a good move and I really wanted Toronto to be the one making this signing... Good job Tampa.
Zwui21 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
torontos finest
gonna be real cool when the rangers sweep tampa this year
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:41 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Good Signing, problem is this pretty much removes any long term Point signing, Shattenkirk does bring some depth to Tampa tho.

How does a 1 year contract have any impact on a long term contract. They have the cap space to sign Point for this season. After signing Point, they have like 75M spent on 14 players (using Aho contract as a comparable). So it was already difficult for them, but Shattenkirk doesn't have any impact on that. They'll try to trade a couple of 5M contracts and sign Point though
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: thelastlongbow
Arghh why??! The hockey gods are unfair I tell you. Rangers are literally paying Tampa to take a decent right handed defenseman with the potential of being a great player. They basically replaced Stralman with Shattenkirk. Gah it's such a good move and I really wanted Toronto to be the one making this signing... Good job Tampa.

He only has the potential of being a great player if "the hockey gods" make him one. I'm to trying to be mean but you're kidding about the hockey gods, right?
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Zwui21
That's the point. Never gonna happen

You tried to do that, right?
Zwui21 liked this.
Quoting: mondo
gonna be real cool when the rangers sweep tampa this year

Sweep them during the season series? Don't know how else
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
I was hoping the Flames would sign him for some depth after a Brodie trade
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
This is to all the people who thought he’d go to the leafs or jets
Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: WellIDK
How does a 1 year contract have any impact on a long term contract. They have the cap space to sign Point for this season. After signing Point, they have like 75M spent on 14 players (using Aho contract as a comparable). So it was already difficult for them, but Shattenkirk doesn't have any impact on that. They'll try to trade a couple of 5M contracts and sign Point though

Trouble with Tampa is those 5m contracts that they they want to trade have NTCs. Those players have no motivation to move. And even the few M NTCs they have might be impossible to move too.
WellIDK, BuFfaLOFaN, Trickster and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: klondikebar
This is to all the people who thought he’d go to the leafs or jets

Logical minds thought Jersey or Tampa were the only two destinations. And even Jersey has three good RHD right now.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
miket1324
Quoting: I_Know_Nothing_About_Hockey_Or_Any_Sport2
When he’s paired with Coburn, he’ll still have to play a bit of defense.

you realize Coburn is actually really good right?
Zwui21 and BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Trouble with Tampa is those 5m contracts that they they want to trade have NTCs. Those players have no motivation to move. And even the few M NTCs they have might be impossible to move too.

Hmm yeah I forgot about their NTC's. Terrible situation for Tampa. Still I think there will be some interest for a couple of players, but it'll depend on the players who might not want to waive like you said. But still, this Shattenkirk contract won't have an impact on the Point situation, which was my main point of the post
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
miket1324
Good Signing, problem is this pretty much removes any long term Point signing, Shattenkirk does bring some depth to Tampa tho.

no it doesn't??? they still have $10 million in space lmfao he's not going anywhere
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: WellIDK

Shattenkirk makes the impact if he signs a contract or not. Because of cap issues. They still have Erne to sign.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:25 a.m.
Quoting: michaelt1324
no it doesn't??? they still have $10 million in space lmfao he's not going anywhere

You seem to forget that Vasilevskiy's contract moves up by 6 Million Next year, you still have to re-sign Sergachev and Cernak next season, Cirelli needs to also be re-signed. So please sign Point for that much and give up everyone else who comes around.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.
miket1324
You seem to forget that Vasilevskiy's contract moves up by 6 Million Next year, you still have to re-sign Sergachev and Cernak next season, Cirelli needs to also be re-signed. So please sign Point for that much and give up everyone else who comes around.

i didn't forget anything lmfao they can sign all of those guys, just gotta move out that Killorn contract since his NTC becomes an M-NTC, and boom you've got 8-9 million to work with before the cap rises. not worried in the slightest bud
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
torontos finest
Shattenkirk makes the impact if he signs a contract or not. Because of cap issues. They still have Erne to sign.

i think they're going to move one of their other defensemen, probably rutta.

they've got 9 on the main roster right now.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
i didn't forget anything lmfao they can sign all of those guys, just gotta move out that Killorn contract since his NTC becomes an M-NTC, and boom you've got 8-9 million to work with before the cap rises. not worried in the slightest bud

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......no team is gonna take him unless you give up great prospects. And considering he has a 4.45M if you sign point its going to be 9+M which you won't have to sign Sergachev next year. Vasilevskiy is already moving up by 6 Million So here. Point signs 9M you have 300K. Vasi signed -5.7M cap space. which makes it 1.3M with all the players that are off contract. Cirelli gonzo, Sergachev gonzo Cernak gonzo Joseph gonzo Martel gonzo Erne gonzo.

You just don't want to believe it being you are one of the band wagon Tampa fans who only joined 2 years ago when this all started.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
i think they're going to move one of their other defensemen, probably rutta.

they've got 9 on the main roster right now.

Point will sign for 9 plus that leaves 1.3 yes. Vasi increases by 6 Million next year. Which means you have no cap whatsoever. Miller deal didn't help them get out of the hole.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
miket1324
Point will sign for 9 plus that leaves 1.3 yes. Vasi increases by 6 Million next year. Which means you have no cap whatsoever. Miller deal didn't help them get out of the hole.

if Point signs for 9 that leaves us with $5 million next year lmfao are you even paying attention at all? you clearly aren't all that intelligent so no need to keep talking with ya, peace
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
if Point signs for 9 that leaves us with $5 million next year lmfao are you even paying attention at all? you clearly aren't all that intelligent so no need to keep talking with ya, peace

no it doesn't lmao this year you have no cap and next year you have -5M. Because VASILEVSKIY CONTRACT INCREASES BY 6 MILLION.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
Let's just call NYR what it really is at this point. Tampa's farm team.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.

They have 9 defensemen on the roster right now. So probably two players will be sent down which gives them a bit more room. Point wants to be with Tampa and as a no-tax state he'll probably sign a similar contract as Aho. But that Vasilevskiy contract looks worse everyday. All teams know Tampa will have major struggles to be cap compliant next year unless the cap limit increases a lot. But still, I think they'll sign Point this year and trade Erne along with Domingue. Just one final push before they have to move some talent next year. Unless they win the Cup and someone like Gourde is willing to waive his NTC after that
vmark liked this.
Aug. 5, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......no team is gonna take him unless you give up great prospects. And considering he has a 4.45M if you sign point its going to be 9+M which you won't have to sign Sergachev next year.

If Killorn gets traded after this year, he'll be 31-33 years old for the last 3 years of his contract. He's put up 36-47 points in each of the last 6 seasons, has only missed 2 games in the past 4 seasons, and plays the PK.

He might not fit into TBL's future, but he's certainly not a massive anchor like Lucic. Teams will gladly take him, but just won't have to pay much to get him.
Zwui21 and BOLTLOVER1 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit