SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Kevin Shattenkirk (1 Year / $1,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 6, 2019 at 9:27 a.m.
Quoting: Radovan
+5.6% Corsi Rel last season on a terrible team. He had an insanely low shooting percentage at 1.4%. This guy is not much worse than he was two seasons ago.

In very sheltered minutes though. He's okay as a 3rd pairing defender, don't expect anything more than that.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: drewjenks
Yeah I was responding to your comments about his talent / potential .... LMAO.

What I think @kaljakori is saying is it's a low-risk deal. If it works out, it could be really good. If it doesn't, they let him leave and there goes the 1.75M which really isn't too much anyway. Only problem is it makes the Point contract situation trickier.

Shattenkirk probably could have been considered a top pairing guy a few years ago or at least really good 2nd pairing. Like maybe a 2-3 guy ... depends on the team though. It didn't work out too well in Washington if i remember correctly, but he went to the NYR and played really well and was he in the ASG? If not, there were at least some people expecting him to make it. Then he got injured and didn't play the rest of the season as well. Then this past year he really struggled. Shattenkirk COULD play like a top-pairing guy. I said COULD. Not that he will. He could be a top-4 guy, at least. I don't see it happening, but you never know. Maybe not top-4 on Tampa (depends how the other guys play) but you know what i mean ... he could play like a top-4 guy. If he does, that's a steal.

I'd call him a 3rd pairing guy, but you never know what could happen.
kaljakori and thelastlongbow liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 12:09 p.m.
Good pickup for a team going all in, and a good fit for Shattenkirk. He'll play bottom pair, or perhaps as the #4D and PP2 on a stacked team, probably score 30-35 points and convince some team next year to sign him long term to second pairing dollars.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.
Nazaleaf
What annoys me so much about this signing is that it bolsters Tampa's D when they are already pretty set, and also signed Schenn for the 3rd pairing who is basically perfect for that role. Toronto needed Schenn or Shattenkirk a lot, lot more! UGH
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 3:53 a.m.
All depends on how much PP time he sees. Right now, I'd rank him 3rd on the PP depth chart but they'll probably roll 2 D on the 2nd unit. I don't like the fit for Tampa, but at less than $2M it's such a steal.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit