SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prediction Time: Who wins the lottery for Lafrenier?

Aug. 7, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
As the Senators' representative is standing there?

what's he gonna do, complain? it's not like he's getting paid to be there.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
what's he gonna do, complain? it's not like he's getting paid to be there.

1) What he could do is announce to the world that the 2020 NHL Entry Draft was rigged.
2) He is quite literally getting paid to be there.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:26 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
1) What he could do is announce to the world that the 2020 NHL Entry Draft was rigged.
2) He is quite literally getting paid to be there.

not sure you got the joke lol
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
not sure you got the joke lol

Ugh! That's the worst.
How is there not a sarcasm font for the internet at this point?
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:54 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
If the lottery was rigged, Pittsburgh would get Lafreniere after missing the playoffs this year.

But since it isn't rigged, I'll take a shot in the dark with this and say Columbus is 1, Anaheim is 2, and Ottawa gets 3.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
If the lottery was rigged, Pittsburgh would get Lafreniere after missing the playoffs this year.

But since it isn't rigged, I'll take a shot in the dark with this and say Columbus is 1, Anaheim is 2, and Ottawa gets 3.

I'm guessing you used a simulator?
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:30 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
If we don’t make the playoffs, islanders
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: hanson493
correct, montreal will not finish last, i think they will be a bubble team again. but miss the playoffs.

You're kidding, right? Give me one good reason to believe the lottery is rigged.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm guessing you used a simulator?

The simulator in my head, yes.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
The simulator in my head, yes.

Are you saying Columbus finishes last, Anaheim 2nd last, and Ottawa 2rd last? Or just naming random teams? I know just because a team finishes last doesn't mean they're going to win the lottery, but they're the easy pick for winning the lottery because they have the best chance ... if we're guessing, whoever you have last is the best guess.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 9:02 a.m.
You're kidding, right? Give me one good reason to believe the lottery is rigged.

Its done behind closed doors and not televised. You dont see anything happen. Its all a show. The league is an entertainment product, it doesnt want teams to flounder. It wants markets to succeed. So yeah I think the draft could easily be rigged.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
Below Market Value
Its done behind closed doors and not televised. You dont see anything happen. Its all a show. The league is an entertainment product, it doesnt want teams to flounder. It wants markets to succeed. So yeah I think the draft could easily be rigged.

The lottery is audited by Ernst & Young, one of the Big Four accounting firms in the world. If it was rigged, Edmonton wouldn't have won 4 times and New Jersey wouldn't have won twice. Also, Arizona is basically Bettman's baby, and they have yet to finish higher than 3. Don't you think the league would have rigged it to give them a particular franchise superstar that happened to be from the area?
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Have you seen the lottery videos? They do one every year.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
The lottery is audited by Ernst & Young, one of the Big Four accounting firms in the world. If it was rigged, Edmonton wouldn't have won 4 times and New Jersey wouldn't have won twice. Also, Arizona is basically Bettman's baby, and they have yet to finish higher than 3. Don't you think the league would have rigged it to give them a particular franchise superstar that happened to be from the area?

Do a quick google search on Ernst & Young corruption/fraud. They are one of the biggest fraud companies out there. I would 100% believe it was rigged.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.
Have you seen the lottery videos? They do one every year.

You can edit videos.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:19 a.m.
torontos finest
You can edit videos.

This is the video for this year's lottery: https://www.nhl.com/video/bettman-draws-this-years-lottery/t-277350912/c-67612803

I'd like to know where they edit the live video, where multiple people, a camera crew, and a clock are visible.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
This is the video for this year's lottery: https://www.nhl.com/video/bettman-draws-this-years-lottery/t-277350912/c-67612803

I'd like to know where they edit the live video, where multiple people, a camera crew, and a clock are visible.

how do we know those ping pong balls are all exactly the same, some could be slightly smaller, some could be slightly heavier. to the naked eye nobody would think twice, again. im not saying it is or isnt rigged but i wouldnt be shocked if it was. Also you can stop a clock. you can pick up video from a similar position from where bettman is standing in the middle or the ping pong balls rolling around. TV isnt "live" broadcasted anymore. they could have filmed it earlier and threw a time on the wall to imitate that it was 5:30... i mean is it really that far out there? So people were there. they could have recorded them being there and been like we are going to say this was live for viewership purposes.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:52 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
how do we know those ping pong balls are all exactly the same, some could be slightly smaller, some could be slightly heavier. to the naked eye nobody would think twice, again. im not saying it is or isnt rigged but i wouldnt be shocked if it was. Also you can stop a clock. you can pick up video from a similar position from where bettman is standing in the middle or the ping pong balls rolling around. TV isnt "live" broadcasted anymore. they could have filmed it earlier and threw a time on the wall to imitate that it was 5:30... i mean is it really that far out there? So people were there. they could have recorded them being there and been like we are going to say this was live for viewership purposes.

If the lottery is rigged then tell me the reasons that New Jersey, Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto, Florida, and Colorado are the teams who have won the lottery this decade.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Some would say that it's obviously rigged because Pittsburgh won it in 2005 and some say they rigged the lottery to save the team ... well, then why did Arizona win it in 2016 to get Matthews who is FROM Arizona?
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:54 a.m.
Some would say that it's obviously rigged because Pittsburgh won it in 2005 and some say they rigged the lottery to save the team ... well, then why did Arizona win it in 2016 to get Matthews who is FROM Arizona?

toronto, the capital of the NHL, was floundering worse than the coyotes were.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 12:08 p.m.
If the lottery is rigged then tell me the reasons that New Jersey, Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto, Florida, and Colorado are the teams who have won the lottery this decade.

trying to jumpstart bad teams into relevancy. however lottery rules changed in 2013. where it went from only being able to move up 4 spots to being able to give any of the bottom 14 teams the number 1 pick. so in order from 13 to 19. your last place team was: florida buffalo buffalo toronto colorado buffalo ottawa. the teams that got the 1st pick were colorado (2nd seed) florida (2nd seed) edmonton (3rd seed) toronto (1st seed) NJ (5th seed) Buffalo (1st seed) and NJ (3rd seed). They wanted to give colorado (a better hockey market the chance at the better player. They wanted to give edmonton the better hockey market a generational talent to be a relevant team again. Toronto, they wanted to get an original 6 team back into the stanley cup, think about how fast this accelerated their rebuild. NJ team was beginning to flounder not a whole lot of talent there in a pretty meh draft. Buffalo couldnt get screwed a 3rd time in 5 years which is why they got dahlin. NHL hates melnyck for being the armpit of hockey, helps not just 1 team but 3 teams with their rebuilds in NJ, NYR, Chicago. All larger hockey markets with hardcore fanbases (not sure about devils but ide have to believe they wanted devils to get the 1st here over the avs since that pick was being conveyed.) If NYR or Chicago gets 1st seed people like me say it has to be rigged by throwing nj in there it helps disspell some of that.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Are you saying Columbus finishes last, Anaheim 2nd last, and Ottawa 2rd last? Or just naming random teams? I know just because a team finishes last doesn't mean they're going to win the lottery, but they're the easy pick for winning the lottery because they have the best chance ... if we're guessing, whoever you have last is the best guess.

Dude I picked three random teams that I think are gonna miss the playoffs. It's completely random. Why are we over-analyzing this
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 1:13 p.m.
torontos finest

You seriously cannot watch that video and come out with the conclusion that the lottery was rigged. Do you know how much video editing it would take to splice together the footage without it being discernible?
Aug. 8, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
You seriously cannot watch that video and come out with the conclusion that the lottery was rigged. Do you know how much video editing it would take to splice together the footage without it being discernible?

no, but you also cant definitively tell me the balls arent manipulated in some way to force a specific outcome.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
torontos finest
This is probably an example of why we live in a hell world. Even when presented with infallible evidence, people remain skeptical because they think their own biases have more weight than reality.
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll