What team do you think has had the best offseaon so far
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 6, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
What team
Aug. 7, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I'd go with the Rangers for the obvious reasons. Drafting Kakko and signing Panarin gives them their superstars up front for the future, acquiring and then signing Fox and Trouba gives them a great defensive outlook. Probably going to be some financial issues over the next few years, but they've truly rebuilt the right way.

The under the radar pick for me is the Coyotes. Not only did they improve on the ice by swapping Galchenyuk for Kessel, and then swapping a depth defenseman for a 40 point, middle six forward in Soderberg, but they've had a fantastic offseason off the ice. The Kessel trade caused ticket sales to skyrocket almost immediately, and there is finally more stability in the ownership group here. They've got the right leader to help guide the franchise to where they need to be business wise, and the on-ice product is going to help that tremendously.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:29 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
I'd go with the Rangers for the obvious reasons. Drafting Kakko and signing Panarin gives them their superstars up front for the future, acquiring and then signing Fox and Trouba gives them a great defensive outlook. Probably going to be some financial issues over the next few years, but they've truly rebuilt the right way.

The under the radar pick for me is the Coyotes. Not only did they improve on the ice by swapping Galchenyuk for Kessel, and then swapping a depth defenseman for a 40 point, middle six forward in Soderberg, but they've had a fantastic offseason off the ice. The Kessel trade caused ticket sales to skyrocket almost immediately, and there is finally more stability in the ownership group here. They've got the right leader to help guide the franchise to where they need to be business wise, and the on-ice product is going to help that tremendously.

Arizona very well could surprise ... if they make the playoffs that won't surprise many people, but i mean i wouldn't be shocked to see them go to the WCF or get 110+ points ... not saying i think it'll happen, but i wouldn't be shocked. I do have them in the playoffs (like most people do).
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:32 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's either the Devils or Rangers for me. Both got way better. I'd love to see those 2 matchup against each other in the playoffs.

(And the Rangers to win 4-0 Sticking Out Tongue)
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
Tampa. They now have 3 backup goalies that they can choose from and send to reacquire assets, they moved callahan without giving anything up. They signed shattenkirk and still have room for point.
SpaghettiPasta and Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Arizona very well could surprise ... if they make the playoffs that won't surprise many people, but i mean i wouldn't be shocked to see them go to the WCF or get 110+ points ... not saying i think it'll happen, but i wouldn't be shocked. I do have them in the playoffs (like most people do).

The Pacific is an interesting division to try and project, so I think there's an opening for the Coyotes to potentially break through like that and be 2020's version of the Hurricanes. Schmaltz showed great chemistry with Keller before getting injured, and I think that's going to be a really good combination next year. Putting Kessel on a line like that is going to give an extreme boost to all three players. They can all exit the defensive zone and enter the offensive zone, all can make good passes and have good shots. I expect Keller and Schmaltz to have big breakout seasons offensively, as well as steady progression from guys like Crouse, Fischer and Hinostroza.

Soderberg is also a sneaky good addition to the middle six, and will help improve the special teams. The power play is going to improve with the addition of Kessel and a healthy Keller, and the penalty kill is still going to be top notch. They'll be rolling with two #1 caliber goalies with Raanta and Kuemper. As long as the defense core stays healthy, they'll be one of the better units in the league as well.
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 1:17 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Tampa. They now have 3 backup goalies that they can choose from and send to reacquire assets, they moved callahan without giving anything up. They signed shattenkirk and still have room for point.

Tampa has had an excellent summer considering how great their regular season was last season, but I'll have to give the nod to the Devils even though I'm biased towards them. In the West, I'll say DAL and/or ARI. I'm picking both teams to make the playoffs next season.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 1:19 a.m.
It's either the Devils or Rangers for me. Both got way better. I'd love to see those 2 matchup against each other in the playoffs.

(And the Rangers to win 4-0 Sticking Out Tongue)

Devils vs. Rangers in the ECF would be an incredible deja vu. Obviously I would prefer a Devils sweep though.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 1:25 a.m.

110+ points for ARI would be a major shock to me. I think they'll get in but 110 points would put them in the running for the President's Trophy in almost any season. I still don't see anywhere near enough offensive firepower for that type of season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit