SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Risto doesn’t suck

Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Disclaimer: I’m not a Sabres fan so no bias here.

Ristolianen on this site is being treated like his value is equivalent to Milan Lucic, but he’s not even close to that. I’ve seen him traded for a 2nd and a person say that’s too much of a return. A lot of Peg fans get mad at a Roslo Risto trade, but personally I take Risto 10 out of 10 times. He’s so undervalued it’s a crime. He’s worth more than a 1st and a b prospect. His defense isn’t garbage, idc ab plus minus look at the defense around him (besides the other Rasmus, who will be the best dman in the NHL in 5 years. I think it’s time we stop acting like Risto is an AHLer and realize the fact he is a top 4 high ceiling RHD with great offensive capability.
wojme liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: klondikebar

Ristolianen on this site is being treated like his value is equivalent to Milan Lucic, but he’s not even close to that. I’ve seen him traded for a 2nd and a person say that’s too much of a return. A lot of Peg fans get mad at a Roslo Risto trade, but personally I take Risto 10 out of 10 times. He’s so undervalued it’s a crime. He’s worth more than a 1st and a b prospect. His defense isn’t garbage, idc ab plus minus look at the defense around him (besides the other Rasmus, who will be the best dman in the NHL in 5 years. I think it’s time we stop acting like Risto is an AHLer and realize the fact he is a top 4 high ceiling RHD with great offensive capability.

Risto is in need of a change of scene. His defense is actually pretty bad. I would take Roslovic almost every time In that deal if I am Buffalo.Buffalo adding the likes of Colin Miller and Henri Jokiharju doesn't really leave a ton of room for Risto especially after drafting a Dman in the 1st round. The Sabers backend is great without Risto and I think to Buffalo a 1st and a player with so much upside as roslovic is a lot more beneficial to a team that wants to compete.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I'd say he is a 2nd pairing guy. I wouldn't move a 1st for him unless it's a late 1st, and right now it's hard to know which 1sts will be late. He's good offensively, but i think he needs to improve his defensive game.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:43 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Nobody treats him like an AHLer. Buffalo just tried to force him into a role he clearly wasn't ready for too soon, and now they have 3 really good RHDs. If he's in a position to be a second pairing guy and support the 2nd PP unit, he'll do just fine.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What i find funny is how many people say he is overrated as if everyone thinks he's a top-pairing guy ... basically everyone says he's a 2nd pairing guy ... Sabres fans seem to think he's a top-pairing defenseman but that's about it.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What i find funny is how many people say he is overrated as if everyone thinks he's a top-pairing guy ... basically everyone says he's a 2nd pairing guy ... Sabres fans seem to think he's a top-pairing defenseman but that's about it.

Sabres are putting him out there as their top dpairing. Then people talk about how good offensively he is on that top pairing and expect to get a haul for him. When in reality hes a 2nd pairing at best, with horrible defense. Thats why he is overrated. Because of where he is playing and the perception around him being that first pairing dpair.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
To argue the title, Yes he does lol. Do you watch him in his own end... 3 words Deer in headlights.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
Yes he does.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: hanson493
To argue the title, Yes he does lol. Do you watch him in his own end... 3 words Deer in headlights.

Do you say he's a top 4 guy? If so, he doesn't suck.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Sabres are putting him out there as their top dpairing. Then people talk about how good offensively he is on that top pairing and expect to get a haul for him. When in reality hes a 2nd pairing at best, with horrible defense. Thats why he is overrated. Because of where he is playing and the perception around him being that first pairing dpair.

That's what everyone says. If you think he's a 3rd pairing guy then you can call him overrated, but basically everyone says he's a 2nd pairing guy.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 8:50 a.m.
Do you say he's a top 4 guy? If so, he doesn't suck.

IF i said he was top 4 that would insinuate that i think he can play top line sometimes, which i dont. he is a bottom 4 defender. 2nd pairing is where he should be right now. and the last 2 years.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
That's what everyone says. If you think he's a 3rd pairing guy then you can call him overrated, but basically everyone says he's a 2nd pairing guy.

If everyone is saying it then why am i seeing him traded for rakell, cirelli, etc. Why are the sabres still using him with top line minutes? Everyone isnt saying it.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:06 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
If everyone is saying it then why am i seeing him traded for rakell, cirelli, etc. Why are the sabres still using him with top line minutes? Everyone isnt saying it.

Basically everyone but Sabres fans. Just like the Nylander for Slavin trades and stuff like that ... most fans don't say Nylander is worth Slavin but some Leafs fans would say he is.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:06 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Maybe not Slavin, but Pesce.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
Maybe not Slavin, but Pesce.

you were probably more right on the slavin than pesce. nylander could probably get pesce. I actually think nylander > pesce. but nylander is not getting them slavin.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 1:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
you were probably more right on the slavin than pesce. nylander could probably get pesce. I actually think nylander > pesce. but nylander is not getting them slavin.

Really? Nylander>Pesce? I would definitely disagree after this past year.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 1:57 p.m.
Really? Nylander>Pesce? I would definitely disagree after this past year.

yeah, nylander wasnt ready to play after signing late. i expect he gets 70 points on a 2nd line role with matthews this year.
Aug. 9, 2019 at 5:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
yeah, nylander wasnt ready to play after signing late. i expect he gets 70 points on a 2nd line role with matthews this year.

Possibly ... but still not worth it for Carolina right now ... too big a risk ... at best it's probably even, or maybe a little better for Carolina than it is for Toronto ... at worst, Nylander is a point-every-two-games guy and nothing more (just like this past year) and Carolina gives up a top-pairing guy for him.
Aug. 12, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
Possibly ... but still not worth it for Carolina right now ... too big a risk ... at best it's probably even, or maybe a little better for Carolina than it is for Toronto ... at worst, Nylander is a point-every-two-games guy and nothing more (just like this past year) and Carolina gives up a top-pairing guy for him.

Pesce isnt a top pairing guy.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Aug. 12, 2019 at 8:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Pesce isnt a top pairing guy.

I'd say he probably is.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 9:03 a.m.
I'd say he probably is.

so then would you be overrating him or would i be underrating him?
Aug. 13, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
so then would you be overrating him or would i be underrating him?

Maybe i'm overrating him AND you're underrating him ... I think you're underrating him, you think i'm overrating him. Are you saying he's a #3 guy?
Aug. 13, 2019 at 12:19 p.m.
Maybe i'm overrating him AND you're underrating him ... I think you're underrating him, you think i'm overrating him. Are you saying he's a #3 guy?

Pesce is a 4. He is behind slavin, faulk, dougie. IN THAT ORDER.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

pesce is 3 above Faulk and would be 2 on most other teams
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 12:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Pesce is a top pair IMO. Better than Faulk.
AndrewLadd liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll