$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 2
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
G
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:41 p.m.
Ban Price trades
There isn't a team that can realistically afford McDavid, which isn't a bad thing.

Edmonton would - should mind you - ask for Scheifele, Laine, Morrissey, and maybe Vesalainen in exchange for McDavid, with Nurse and Puljujarvi going back (possibly). That wouldn't happen because it's too much to give up despite how good Connor is.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:50 p.m.
I think this is fair but it’s unlikey obviously. Also think the jets decline. It’s too much to give up even for the best player in the world (scheifele>draisaitl)
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:53 p.m.
Yeah if you're trading away the best player in the League in his prime, who already has a multi-year contract, you need to ask for damn near everything from the other team. That...is not everything.
Ryryguy4 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
There isn't a team that can realistically afford McDavid, which isn't a bad thing.

Edmonton would - should mind you - ask for Scheifele, Laine, Morrissey, and maybe Vesalainen in exchange for McDavid, with Nurse and Puljujarvi going back (possibly). That wouldn't happen because it's too much to give up despite how good Connor is.

That’s honestly absurd even for a mcdavid trade
Scheifele (top 10 c in league) + laine (generational goal scorer) > mcdavid (best player in world who won’t score more goals than laine in his career)
Morrissey>>nurse. Morrissey is borderline elite right now (and probably elite with a full season) and nurse is not.
Vesalainen>>poolparty. Even if you ignore the fact that poolparty isn’t looking too good, Vesalainen is a stud. He does everything poolparty does except better
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: arafay
Scheifele (top 10 c in league) + laine (generational goal scorer) > mcdavid (best player in world who won’t score more goals than laine in his career)
Morrissey>>nurse. Morrissey is borderline elite right now (and probably elite with a full season) and nurse is not.
Vesalainen>>poolparty. Even if you ignore the fact that poolparty isn’t looking too good, Vesalainen is a stud. He does everything poolparty does except better

McDavid is so far ahead of Scheifele in terms of how good McDavid is that it's hard to quantify. Laine is also notoriously inconsistent, which version of him do the Oilers get?

The point of the matter wasn't "this package is worth McDavid" but more to illustrate what a GM would have to pay to get him out of Edmonton. An absurd overpay that the Oilers would be damned fools to ignore. McDavid put up 116 points almost by himself: the offence behind him, Draisaitl, and RNH was nonexistent.
Ryryguy4 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
McDavid is so far ahead of Scheifele in terms of how good McDavid is that it's hard to quantify. Laine is also notoriously inconsistent, which version of him do the Oilers get?

The point of the matter wasn't "this package is worth McDavid" but more to illustrate what a GM would have to pay to get him out of Edmonton. An absurd overpay that the Oilers would be damned fools to ignore. McDavid put up 116 points almost by himself: the offence behind him, Draisaitl, and RNH was nonexistent.

All the reason why he won’t get traded. And if he does, Oilers fans will not be happy with the return of thats what they expect

Also, I’m not comparing mcdavid and scheifele. Rather I’m comparing mcdavid to both scheifele and laine. I would rather have the former. The version of laine you would get would be both for the time being. At least until he gets more consistent and becomes a complete player (which he is taking major strides towards as shown by his great play in the playoffs)
Aug. 7, 2019 at 9:07 p.m.
Banned
This just reinforces my belief that a McDavid trade would be the worlds worst gut punch. Even now, no one wants to pay the price Edmonton would want. Which means, Edmonton just doesn't trade McDavid, for any reason......unless. If the Oilers suck again for 2 more years, what if McDavid got fed up and demanded a trade after his NMC clicks in? If that happened, you'd get hosed in the deal but you wouldn't have much choice. It would be a limited market since he'd probably only accept a couple places and for those teams to fit him it would quickly become a loss of a trade which means they'd drive a hard bargain out of necessity (they are already contenders so how much to do we want to pay? It quickly becomes a bad trade if they lose more than 1 member of their core and a couple of other smaller pieces. You'd want a Franchise centre in return and those teams won't want to give up much more than just a franchise centre in exchange for McDavid. You won't for example have a team give up a #1 Elite defenceman and a Franchise Centre to get McDavid, thats too much for a playoff contender so it would be a Franchise Centre and a good prospect or a 1st rounder or something.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Is Scheiffele really a top 10 center in the league?
I'm not convinced he is, he's not very good defensively and doesn't do too well against the other teams best.
I heard about that list that just came out but that's just another list, wouldn't put too much stock in a list that has Monahan ahead of Couture and Backstrom.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:05 p.m.

It's not absurd. It's the cost of the best player of his generation.

Go look at the two Lindros packages. Actually I'll get them for you

The Rangers:

trade Sergei Nemchinov, Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, James Patrick, and either John Vanbiesbrouck or Mike Richter, as well as multiple first-round draft picks and $20 million.[24

The Philly trade :

The finalized trade had the Nordiques acquire Hextall, Duchesne, Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Peter Forsberg, a first-round pick in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft, $15 million, and future considerations.11] As the agreed-upon trade included the Flyers sending a 1992 draft pick to Quebec which Philadelphia instead kept because the trade was not yet finalized, Bertuzzi helped the teams agree that the Flyers would send Chris Simon and a pick in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft to Quebec to compensate for the 1992 draft pick that the Flyers kept[28] and used to select LW Ryan Sittler.

From Wiki

Trading for McDavid wouldnt be one or two pieces. It would be something along the lines of two young studs (all star level), 2 top prospects a couple firsts and a veteran or two.

So think Scheifele, Connor, Niku, Veselainen, a couple firsts and Little and Pionk
Aug. 7, 2019 at 11:06 p.m.
I think this is fair but it’s unlikey obviously. Also think the jets decline. It’s too much to give up even for the best player in the world (scheifele>draisaitl)

It's not nearly enough for mcdavid
Ryryguy4 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
WeHateCoreyPerry
The thing that Edmonton fans are starting to realize I think is that if u trade McDavid you won't like what u get back. Never. I'm an Oilers fan and I know that what I would want wouldn't get back because the team trading for McDavid would be overpaying
arafay liked this.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 2:08 a.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Is Scheiffele really a top 10 center in the league?
I'm not convinced he is, he's not very good defensively and doesn't do too well against the other teams best.
I heard about that list that just came out but that's just another list, wouldn't put too much stock in a list that has Monahan ahead of Couture and Backstrom.

He is in the conversation imo. He is very good defensively. I don’t get why you think otherwise. He would also produce way more of he didn’t have to carry the puck in or dump and chase (ie put the duo with ehlers). Like Maurice and his dump and chase philosophy is something i fail to understand. It hurts the team. Yes dump and chase should be an option but not the go to and that is seriously hurting even strength production for the jets. If you think about it, most of the jets goals came off of carrying the puck in, not dump and chase which they did more often. Scheifele would be producing more if only Maurice would get rid of his age old philosophies. Scheifele is better than Monahan, couture, backstrom imo, so it’s right to some extent. However, ranking Matthews that high? The kid scores and that’s about it, just like laine. He isn’t very good at every other aspect of the game
Aug. 8, 2019 at 2:10 a.m.
Edited Aug. 8, 2019 at 2:19 a.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
It's not absurd. It's the cost of the best player of his generation.

Go look at the two Lindros packages. Actually I'll get them for you

The Rangers:

trade Sergei Nemchinov, Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, James Patrick, and either John Vanbiesbrouck or Mike Richter, as well as multiple first-round draft picks and $20 million.[24

The Philly trade :

The finalized trade had the Nordiques acquire Hextall, Duchesne, Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Peter Forsberg, a first-round pick in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft, $15 million, and future considerations.11] As the agreed-upon trade included the Flyers sending a 1992 draft pick to Quebec which Philadelphia instead kept because the trade was not yet finalized, Bertuzzi helped the teams agree that the Flyers would send Chris Simon and a pick in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft to Quebec to compensate for the 1992 draft pick that the Flyers kept[28] and used to select LW Ryan Sittler.

From Wiki

Trading for McDavid wouldnt be one or two pieces. It would be something along the lines of two young studs (all star level), 2 top prospects a couple firsts and a veteran or two.

So think Scheifele, Connor, Niku, Veselainen, a couple firsts and Little and Pionk

I really hope mcdavid plays out his contract in edm for your sake. You are about to be very disappointed otherwise. No one is going to give their best player, their 3rd best forward, their top 2 prospects, and 2 first for mcdavid. If you expect that for mcdavid you are expecting too much. The upgrade from scheifele to mcdavid is nice but not worth that much. That only makes the team trading for mcdavid worse, not better (which kills the point) and gms know that.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
I really hope mcdavid plays out his contract in edm for your sake. You are about to be very disappointed otherwise. No one is going to give their best player, their 3rd best forward, their top 2 prospects, and 2 first for mcdavid. If you expect that for mcdavid you are expecting too much. The upgrade from scheifele to mcdavid is nice but not worth that much. That only makes the team trading for mcdavid worse, not better (which kills the point) and gms know that.

I'm a Leafs fan. Doesnt effect me at all.

I'm looking at historical evidence. When a generational talent is traded it's for franchise altering pieces. Look at those trades. Look at the Gretzky trade. Remember they also sent a tonne of money too.

To get this generations superstar for term you'll have to release a couple lower level stars and a lot of future
Ryryguy4 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
I'm a Leafs fan. Doesnt effect me at all.

I'm looking at historical evidence. When a generational talent is traded it's for franchise altering pieces. Look at those trades. Look at the Gretzky trade. Remember they also sent a tonne of money too.

To get this generations superstar for term you'll have to release a couple lower level stars and a lot of future

And no team will do that anymore in a hard cap league
Aug. 8, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
And no team will do that anymore in a hard cap league

Then I doubt he moves.
Aug. 8, 2019 at 5:12 p.m.
Then I doubt he moves.

Welcome to the club. If he does get traded edm fans will be extremely disappointed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll