Forums/Armchair-GM

Lines

Created by: NickC1988
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 11, 2019
Published: Aug. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not sure if Dach is ready to take shifts at C, and if Colliton agrees, he's probably better suited in Junior improving his face offs and such. Last thing a team wants to do is develop a C into a winger.
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Perlini, Brendan [RFA Rights]
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$66,620,853$0$7,557,500$14,879,147
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 11, 2019 at 2:33 p.m.
Nylander is playing in Rockford IMO. The coach in Rockford has worked with him before and what Nylander has shown so far doesn't constitute an automatic call up to the NHL to start the season. Sikura IMO has a better shot at the lineup based on a high IQ, great puck moving and passing...goals will come in time with Sikura. He clearly has the work ethic and stayed in Chicago this summer to train and put on size. Despite his size, he's not afraid to go to the dirty areas and play the forecheck. That is all a lot more then Nylander has shown in his 3 year pro career. Anyone who defends Nylander, hasn't watched him play in the AHL or NHL, he shows flashes he can play and then other times looks lost and not interested. If that's a product of the Buf system or not being happy then fine, let's see how he does in Rockford to prove that true.

Shaw is not a center, you should know better Nick. He's a relief guy at the dot not a fulltimer. Kampf is pretty much guaranteed the 3C at this point. Coach C loves Kampf.

Where is Smith? I saw you sit him in his last AGM and it's a headscratcher. Yes, I know Ottawa had him on the waivers, but that is a horrible team in disarray. Hard to judge a player playing on a bad team with horrible management. Smith is a solid 4th liner and certainly better then Carpenter.

Assuming Boqvist is up to play 9 games until De Haan moves back?

Assuming Dach is playing 9 games? Beyond that they aren't playing him this year to play winger. He's a center hands down. Hawks aren't going to try to develop him anything other then a center.

Likely Saad or Shaw is going to play the 2nd line wing to get some physicality and two way play on that 2nd line.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 2:40 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: ChiHawk
Nylander is playing in Rockford IMO. The coach in Rockford has worked with him before and what Nylander has shown so far doesn't constitute an automatic call up to the NHL to start the season. Sikura IMO has a better shot at the lineup based on a high IQ, great puck moving and passing...goals will come in time with Sikura. He clearly has the work ethic and stayed in Chicago this summer to train and put on size. Despite his size, he's not afraid to go to the dirty areas and play the forecheck. That is all a lot more then Nylander has shown in his 3 year pro career. Anyone who defends Nylander, hasn't watched him play in the AHL or NHL, he shows flashes he can play and then other times looks lost and not interested. If that's a product of the Buf system or not being happy then fine, let's see how he does in Rockford to prove that true.

Shaw is not a center, you should know better Nick. He's a relief guy at the dot not a fulltimer. Kampf is pretty much guaranteed the 3C at this point. Coach C loves Kampf.

Where is Smith? I saw you sit him in his last AGM and it's a headscratcher. Yes, I know Ottawa had him on the waivers, but that is a horrible team in disarray. Hard to judge a player playing on a bad team with horrible management. Smith is a solid 4th liner and certainly better then Carpenter.

Assuming Boqvist is up to play 9 games until De Haan moves back?

Assuming Dach is playing 9 games? Beyond that they aren't playing him this year to play winger. He's a center hands down. Hawks aren't going to try to develop him anything other then a center.

Likely Saad or Shaw is going to play the 2nd line wing to get some physicality and two way play on that 2nd line.

Nylander is not starting in Rockford, like the guys on the hawks talk podcast said: You don't trade Jokiharju away for a player to put in Rockford. Nylander will certainly get a look.

Like I said in my description, Dach will start on the wing for 4 or 5 games then could shift to C to see how he feels. He will get his 9 game look and so will Boqvist since De Haan is out.

Smith does not have the foot speed suited to play in the NHL. OTT was in disarray sure, but he even had a letter on his jersey, they never actually placed him in the minors to save money, he was just THAT BAD. Carpenter is in a similar situation, except his right handedness will keep him around as a 4C/PK option.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 2:49 p.m.
Quoting: NickC1988
Nylander is not starting in Rockford, like the guys on the hawks talk podcast said: You don't trade Jokiharju away for a player to put in Rockford. Nylander will certainly get a look.

Like I said in my description, Dach will start on the wing for 4 or 5 games then could shift to C to see how he feels. He will get his 9 game look and so will Boqvist since De Haan is out.

Smith does not have the foot speed suited to play in the NHL. OTT was in disarray sure, but he even had a letter on his jersey, they never actually placed him in the minors to save money, he was just THAT BAD. Carpenter is in a similar situation, except his right handedness will keep him around as a 4C/PK option.

He will get a good look during preseason, but based on historically, he will play in Rockford as the Hawks try to groom him into something. He has demonstrated he clearly can't play in the NHL so far, just because they gave up Jokiharju for him or anyone for that matter doesn't change that fact.

Well I can tell you, the Hawks didn't trade AA for a guy that won't play in the NHL. You are basing your theory on a team that arguably shouldn't be a NHL team and players being extremely frustrated by management instead of the player himself. I don't take anything that OTT management does as an indication of a player. Smith will play, that is a 100% fact. Smith is a solid physical 4th liner and PK guy, he will without a shadow of a doubt play in the lineup.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Chicago
He will get a good look during preseason, but based on historically, he will play in Rockford as the Hawks try to groom him into something. He has demonstrated he clearly can't play in the NHL so far, just because they gave up Jokiharju for him or anyone for that matter doesn't change that fact.

Well I can tell you, the Hawks didn't trade AA for a guy that won't play in the NHL. You are basing your theory on a team that arguably shouldn't be a NHL team and players being extremely frustrated by management instead of the player himself. I don't take anything that OTT management does as an indication of a player. Smith will play, that is a 100% fact. Smith is a solid physical 4th liner and PK guy, he will without a shadow of a doubt play in the lineup.

I'm not convinced on Smith at all, putting a player with an A on his jersey on waivers is not a good sign for the player, regardless of the team. Trading AA for 2 million in cap savings makes way more sense than trading a young top 4 D for a player to be placed in Rockford.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
I'm not convinced on Smith at all, putting a player with an A on his jersey on waivers is not a good sign for the player, regardless of the team. Trading AA for 2 million in cap savings makes way more sense than trading a young top 4 D for a player to be placed in Rockford.

It's actually $1.55M million in cap space but for a player with a NTC which clearly suggests the Hawks intents to use Smith. Come back to me midway through the season and watch how many games Smith plays versus Nylander.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Chicago
It's actually $1.55M million in cap space but for a player with a NTC which clearly suggests the Hawks intents to use Smith. Come back to me midway through the season and watch how many games Smith plays versus Nylander.

I'm saying 2 million because of burying him in Rockford... We'll see how it plays out.
ChiHawk liked this.
Aug. 11, 2019 at 5:03 p.m.
I'm saying 2 million because of burying him in Rockford... We'll see how it plays out.

Agree, we'll reconnect in January on this topic smile
Aug. 11, 2019 at 5:24 p.m.
Both of you definitely had good insight on the smith and nylander situations. I still say nylander should be in Rockford and Bowman severely overvalued nylander in the trade. As for Smith, 3 OA isn't gonna cut it at center this season, so its probably off to juniors for him, and Smith is the left over player. Lots of people say this team makes the playoffs and that they are tougher and harder to play against. But in cases like Smith, while I can say I don't want him to play, I'm pretty certain he will. Long story, our team isn't anymore skilled or faster than it was before, and I think that will cost us more than the added toughness. You can be tough all you want but it doesn't mean a thing without the speed to use it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll