Toronto-x
Florida-x
------------------------
Boston
Montreal
Buffalo
Detroit
Ottawa

Now i think that the Atlantic no longer has the Title of the deadly division i would give that to Either the Central or Metro. TB has done a good job to keep the core together but i will be interested in what they do in regards to Braydon Point.
I think Barrie could be huge for TOR but i have my reservations about the 2nd & 3rd Pair RHD, The injury's to Dermott & Hyman to start the season could have TOR in for a rough start but should come out ok just due to offensive firepower
Florida has all the Tools to be in that #3 Seed while i feel either Florida/Boston/Montreal could easily take this spot i think the difference will be the Added goaltender for Florida they have all the tools needed to have a good playoff run.

Boston and Montreal i have the same level. Boston scares me just because every single year they are older and older, McAvoy contract will limit what Boston can buy on the TDL while at the same time they every year time and time again prove me wrong by beinig absolute monsters with the Kraken that is that first line. Montreal on the other hand, is super young but i think the Kids still need another 1-2 years before Montreal are true contenders.

Buffalo,Detriot and Ottawa are going to be the bottom feeders in my eyes Buffalo i like their off season moves but i still have very little faith in their goaltending & Offensive depth. Detriot and Ottawa are just in full rebuild mode.

Metro:

Washington-X,Y
New York Islanders-x
New Jersey-x
Pittsburgh-x
Carolina-x
----------------------------
Philadelphia
New York Rangers
Columbus

I think New Jersey is going to have a HUGE surge this year their off season in my opinion was the best of any team and its not even close. Adding Subban for almost nothing of substantial value off their Roster. Adding Hughes makes them contenders for years to come. Washington is still the clear Favorite in the division with massive falloffs from Columbus. The Rangers I would had higher if i had more faith in their Goaltending.

Pacific:

Vegas-X,Y,Z,P
Calgary-x
Arizona-x
San Jose-x
-----------------
Vancouver
Edmonton
LA
Anaheim

Pacific shoulder be super close. will be a massive fight for #3-5th in the Division between Arizona,San Jose & Vancouver. Best off season IMO has to be San Jose with that team friendly signings and locking up Karlsson. Anaheim and LA will be the weakest in the conference and it wont even be close. Vegas will be absolute monsters. A full year of Mark Stone whom in my opinion is a Top 5 Winger in the NHL a premier two-way forward with unreal offensive abilitys.

Central

Colorado-X,Y
St.Louis-x
Dallas-x
Chicago-x
---------------------
Winnipeg
Nashville
Minnesota

This was by far the hardest division to predict. But i have loved both Chiacgos & Dallas' moves in the Offseason while Winnipeg & Nashville have gotten significantly weaker. Minnesota should be right there with Ottawa in the bottom 3 in the league. Colorado is the new best in the Central for years to come.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$81,500,000$84,397,199$0$0-$2,897,199
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 17, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
What in tarnation
Just curious how exactly NSH has gotten "significantly weaker". They've only lost Subban and Simmonds (although he played a smaller role in the first place), and added Duchene to their offense. I think they're in better spot than they were in last year...
Sign_em_up000000 and GMTD liked this.
Aug. 17, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Just curious how exactly NSH has gotten "significantly weaker". They've only lost Subban and Simmonds (although he played a smaller role in the first place), and added Duchene to their offense. I think they're in better spot than they were in last year...

I think Subban was under rated in their overall game. Rinne is not getting any younger. if Saros can Prove this year and take the Starting job from him id feel good about Nashville but thats an unknown at this point. as for the term "significantly weaker" its reflective to what they were last year in my opinion. I still think NSH will be a 92-95 point team but the Central is so strong i think the threshold for playoffs in the West could be around 96-97
Aug. 17, 2019 at 1:21 p.m.
Old Timer
As a Ranger fan I would agree with you on their placement. Not sure I'm ready to say the Bruins are going to slip that much and I agree with BB that I dont see Nashville being worse. They should make the playoffs over Chicago, though the Hawks are headed in the right direction.
Aug. 17, 2019 at 1:24 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: BurgerBoss

Quoting: DocArin0
I think Subban was under rated in their overall game. Rinne is not getting any younger. if Saros can Prove this year and take the Starting job from him id feel good about Nashville but thats an unknown at this point. as for the term "significantly weaker" its reflective to what they were last year in my opinion. I still think NSH will be a 92-95 point team but the Central is so strong i think the threshold for playoffs in the West could be around 96-97

Subban was actually a very big piece on the Predators and their success. He’s not the best skater for a puck moving defenseman but his agility and skillset was unbelievable. As for Rinne, I feel he has always been overrated. Throughout his career he’s played in behind an excellent defensive system featuring guys like Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis and Suter. Over the years he’s been so sheltered as the team gives up extremely few amounts of high danger shots, yet he still couldn’t guide his team to a Stanley Cup and choked when being pressured by the relentless Penguins. I think that says a lot about goalies who are sheltered, Marc-Andre Fleury is better him.
oneX liked this.
Aug. 17, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Subban was actually a very big piece on the Predators and their success. He’s not the best skater for a puck moving defenseman but his agility and skillset was unbelievable. As for Rinne, I feel he has always been overrated. Throughout his career he’s played in behind an excellent defensive system featuring guys like Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis and Suter. Over the years he’s been so sheltered as the team gives up extremely few amounts of high danger shots, yet he still couldn’t guide his team to a Stanley Cup and choked when being pressured by the relentless Penguins. I think that says a lot about goalies who are sheltered, Marc-Andre Fleury is better him.

This is an excellent point about Rinne and I too thought Rinne choked vs Pittsburgh.

The thing about Nashville's goaltending is that yes Rinne is older and less likely to be what he has been in the past but their D is still quite solid. Saros only needs to be average imo if he does overtake Rinne as the starter.
Aug. 17, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: oneX
This is an excellent point about Rinne and I too thought Rinne choked vs Pittsburgh.

The thing about Nashville's goaltending is that yes Rinne is older and less likely to be what he has been in the past but their D is still quite solid. Saros only needs to be average imo if he does overtake Rinne as the starter.

Exactly, the Penguins started to expose the Predators’ structured defense and were able to generate countless scoring chances from dangerous areas, yet Rinne couldn’t hold his ground. The truth is people often think the likes of Rinne, Crawford and Osgood are far better than Fleury because they boast a much better GSAA percentage, but no one considers the fact that these goalies played in far more sheltered defensive systems than what the Penguins offered over the years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll