SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Super bold predictions that everyone will disagree with

Will Florida shock the world and make the playoffs?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 18, 2019 at 3:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Columbus misses the playoffs - Without looking at other people's predictions, i'm going to call this bold because Columbus just made the playoffs.

Florida makes the playoffs - NOBODY will expect this. Basically no one. It will be a huge surprised.

Pittsburgh misses the playoffs - They made it the last 13 years, so this is bold, right?

Winnipeg is outside the top 3 in the Central - I'm sure everyone's picking them top 3. Yeah. Everyone.

NYI misses the playoffs - So shocking to most people after the season they just had.

NYR makes the playoffs - Huge surprise.

I know everyone will disagree with these, but that's the point. They are bold. Nobody is expecting these to happen (I haven't looked at other predictions, but i'm sure these will be shocking to most people), but i am. These are bold, but i feel like these will happen.

If you haven't figured this out already, this post is a joke about some "bold" predictions people make haha.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
My bold predictions:

Ottawa trades their 1st round pick this year to bring back Kyle Turris

Isles win the lottery (I can dream)

Rangers have lowest attendance this year after it is revealed the Rangers held Kaapo Kakko hostage while making that “I just arrived in New York, and wow, what a great city” video.

Corey Perry scores like 10 goals w the Stars (which is bold apparently because everyone expects them to compete for a cup after adding 2 35 year olds and getting crushed in a 2nd round game 7.)

Kings trade Kopitar, who’s still a top 20 center btw

Leon Draisitl wins the Hart

Leafs trade Marner to the Jackets who still miss the playoffs and Matthews requestes a trade to Arizona... where everyone’s favorite Schmaltz Keller and Denver’s for Matthews trade goes down
Aug. 18, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
I voted no because it wouldn't be shocking
Phil2893 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: wojme
I voted no because it wouldn't be shocking

Yes, it would be so shocking. Because NOBODY is picking them to make the playoffs. They will shock the hockey world in my opinion and make the playoffs.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am i the only one who understands the point of this thread?
Aug. 18, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
PK gets traded to his 4th team of his career because he's "too much to deal with" /s
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention Arizona making the playoffs. NOBODY AT ALL is predicting that. It's unbelievably bold.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 11:46 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Columbus misses the playoffs - Without looking at other people's predictions, i'm going to call this bold because Columbus just made the playoffs.

Florida makes the playoffs - NOBODY will expect this. Basically no one. It will be a huge surprised.

Pittsburgh misses the playoffs - They made it the last 13 years, so this is bold, right?

Winnipeg is outside the top 3 in the Central - I'm sure everyone's picking them top 3. Yeah. Everyone.

NYI misses the playoffs - So shocking to most people after the season they just had.

NYR makes the playoffs - Huge surprise.

I know everyone will disagree with these, but that's the point. They are bold. Nobody is expecting these to happen (I haven't looked at other predictions, but i'm sure these will be shocking to most people), but i am. These are bold, but i feel like these will happen.

If you haven't figured this out already, this post is a joke about some "bold" predictions people make haha.

I think PIT missing the playoffs actually is bold in the sense that every media source will pick them top 8 in the East. But, they will, indeed, miss. It's one thing for us to say it, and another thing for Elliot Friedman to say it. The same holds true for Winnipeg. Everyone pretty much ignores their actual roster and picks them based on last season. Winnipeg will also miss, in my opinion.
Aug. 18, 2019 at 11:49 p.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
PK gets traded to his 4th team of his career because he's "too much to deal with" /s

Nice! That's incredibly bold. Hynes runs a pretty tight ship and he'll buy in. He's gonna be the go-to guy in all situations. NJ is actually a great destination for P.K. and his ego. I think he'll finish out his current contract w/ the Devils.
Aug. 19, 2019 at 12:43 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Brian2016
I think PIT missing the playoffs actually is bold in the sense that every media source will pick them top 8 in the East. But, they will, indeed, miss. It's one thing for us to say it, and another thing for Elliot Friedman to say it. The same holds true for Winnipeg. Everyone pretty much ignores their actual roster and picks them based on last season. Winnipeg will also miss, in my opinion.

about 70% of people (not sure about the exact number, but probably about this) are picking them to miss though.
Aug. 19, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
about 70% of people (not sure about the exact number, but probably about this) are picking them to miss though.

Dude, you need to stop with the whole "if everyone says it it's not really bold" or "if everyone says he's underrated then he isn't really underrated".
Aug. 19, 2019 at 2:04 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Dude, you need to stop with the whole "if everyone says it it's not really bold" or "if everyone says he's underrated then he isn't really underrated".

It's logic, though.
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 19, 2019 at 10:46 a.m.
Below Market Value
It's logic, though.

It's not though, because you're basing it on a very small sample size, aka like a handful of users on CapFriendly.
krakowitz and UpsideDownQue liked this.
Aug. 19, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
torontos finest
shocking prediction: tampa misses the playoffs
Aug. 19, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
It's not though, because you're basing it on a very small sample size, aka like a handful of users on CapFriendly.

Just like everyone else is haha. Saying Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs, for example. Maybe i can't say for a fact that that's not bold, but no one else can say it for sure is bold. So, by that logic, it's bold to say that Connor McDavid will get at least 1 point in the 2019-20 season, right?
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 19, 2019 at 11:16 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mondo
shocking prediction: tampa misses the playoffs

shocking prediction: Columbus misses the playoffs. Sticking Out Tongue

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit