SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Rentals are gonna cost a lot this TDL

Aug. 23, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Not many teams have stuff to sell that want to sell. Lots of teams think they can contend or are close. Since there aren’t many sellers, pieces to trade for are gonna be scarce which means demand will be high. The only teams I really see selling is Ottawa, LA and Minnesota. So obviously prices are gonna be high. Just wanted to put that out there lmao.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 5:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: klondikebar
Not many teams have stuff to sell that want to sell. Lots of teams think they can contend or are close. Since there aren’t many sellers, pieces to trade for are gonna be scarce which means demand will be high. The only teams I really see selling is Ottawa, LA and Minnesota. So obviously prices are gonna be high. Just wanted to put that out there lmao.

Well, it really depends what happens in the season. There should be at least 7 or 8 teams selling at the TDL. We just don't know who.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd

you are thinking about this too early. there will be 8 or so teams that will be 100% out of it by the tdl and be sellers. probably another 6 or so that are on the cusp that might be buyers might be sellers depending on how jan goes for the team record wise.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Even Ottawa, LA, and Minnesota could be buyers, depending on where they are in the standings. It's unlikely, but it's possible. It really depends where the standings are at. There are no guaranteed sellers, but i'm almost positive we'll have more than 3 100% sellers.
Aug. 27, 2019 at 12:53 p.m.
torontos finest
we'll probably end up seeing more players being exchanged in deals instead of just prospects and picks.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Aug. 27, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mondo
we'll probably end up seeing more players being exchanged in deals instead of just prospects and picks.

That's what we hear every year haha
Aug. 27, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
That's what we hear every year haha

We probably will see a slight uptick this year and then a big uptick next year with the impending expansion draft.
Aug. 27, 2019 at 7:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
We probably will see a slight uptick this year and then a big uptick next year with the impending expansion draft.

More likely offseason deals before the expansion draft ... June of 2021.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Feb. 16, 2020 at 8:11 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
@the Blake Coleman trade 😤
Feb. 17, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AndrewLadd
@the Blake Coleman trade 😤

Not a rental
Feb. 17, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Not a rental

Andy Greene trade* 😤
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
Well, it really depends what happens in the season. There should be at least 7 or 8 teams selling at the TDL. We just don't know who.

Exactly. A lot can change in the next week. What if a team like Columbus loses 3 more games in a row? What about ARI? Could Taylor Hall bey traded again?
Feb. 17, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
The following teams would be sellers if the TDL were tomorrow: BUF, DET, MTL, OTT, NJD, NYR, MIN, CHI, ANA, LAK, & SJS. That's 11 teams. Even the Rangers are definite sellers. They're 7 points out w/ 3 teams to pass for a WC spot. It ain't happening. Why would a team buy rentals when they have a 10% (or less) chance of making the playoffs?

BTW, the number could grow to 12 or 13 by next Monday.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
The following teams would be sellers if the TDL were tomorrow: BUF, DET, MTL, OTT, NJD, NYR, MIN, CHI, ANA, LAK, & SJS. That's 11 teams. Even the Rangers are definite sellers. They're 7 points out w/ 3 teams to pass for a WC spot. It ain't happening. Why would a team buy rentals when they have a 10% (or less) chance of making the playoffs?

Also, every one of the aforementioned 11 teams have players to deal at the deadline. Most have pending UFA's to trade.

I guarantee we'll see at least 11 sellers by next Monday. No question about it.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Brian2016

Not everyone has to be a buyer or seller, though. Some teams are quiet at the deadline, and those are usually the teams right around the playoff line or outside by a few points. I still think the Rangers have an okay chance at the playoffs, but that loss to Boston made it really hard in my opinion.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
Not everyone has to be a buyer or seller, though. Some teams are quiet at the deadline, and those are usually the teams right around the playoff line or outside by a few points. I still think the Rangers have an okay chance at the playoffs, but that loss to Boston made it really hard in my opinion.

You're right, but I don't see the Rangers keeping Kreider, especially after seeing what the Devils got for Coleman. They're core is way too young to pass up a 1st and a top prospect, which is probably the asking price. They will trade him. I would bet on it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll