Forums/Armchair-GM

everyone trashing Laine

Created by: Ccc
Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 1, 2019
Published: Sep. 1, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Watch everyone who’s trashing Laine see him put up 40+ goals (based on a down year he’s at 30g-20a-50pts) and have 70-80pts, and than everyones gonna go back to saying he’s ELEETE and valuable again
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$81,500,000$22,102,500$0$365,000$59,397,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,666,667$1,666,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$809,167$809,167
RD
RFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$894,167$894,167
LD/RD
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 1, 2019 at 11:14 a.m.
Eleete
Sep. 1, 2019 at 11:26 a.m.
He's obviously elite. He's the best pure goalscorer in the league aside from Ovi. Nobody's disputing that. The problem everyone has is with every other part of his game.
Weezley liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:37 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
He's not eleete. He is elite, though.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:53 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I like how you think 40 goals is elite for a goal scorer ...... that’s great but far from elite. Elite starts at 50+. Tavares has been a better natural goal scorer than this kid over the same duration of time.

Also hate when people bring Ovechkin into the conversation with Laine or Matthews. Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time. He’s a once in a life time type player. Matthews and Laine are great but far from generational yet to prove they are elite. Matthews bc he’s never healthy Laine bc he’s to I consistent
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:13 p.m.
? San Jose Sharks ?
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I like how you think 40 goals is elite for a goal scorer ...... that’s great but far from elite. Elite starts at 50+. Tavares has been a better natural goal scorer than this kid over the same duration of time.

Also hate when people bring Ovechkin into the conversation with Laine or Matthews. Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time. He’s a once in a life time type player. Matthews and Laine are great but far from generational yet to prove they are elite. Matthews bc he’s never healthy Laine bc he’s to I consistent

Elite and generational are 2 different things. Tavares is elite for example, Couture isn’t except for the playoffs where is almost on par with Ovi for the last handful of years. Elite would be a player above 40 goals consistently lol I like how your think 50 should be the bar for elite even tho very few players hit 50. Like 50 goals isn’t elite it’s better cause it doesn’t happen often. 40 goals is considered elite lmao. Elite shouldn’t/ isn’t a term for something extraordinary, elite is for above high tier players. But elite is not the “highest” imo, like Ovi as you said is a extraordinary, Tavares would be elite, Couture would be higher tier player. Laine can be elite, he just needs to bounce back
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 6:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Ccc
Elite and generational are 2 different things. Tavares is elite for example, Couture isn’t except for the playoffs where is almost on par with Ovi for the last handful of years. Elite would be a player above 40 goals consistently lol I like how your think 50 should be the bar for elite even tho very few players hit 50. Like 50 goals isn’t elite it’s better cause it doesn’t happen often. 40 goals is considered elite lmao. Elite shouldn’t/ isn’t a term for something extraordinary, elite is for above high tier players. But elite is not the “highest” imo, like Ovi as you said is a extraordinary, Tavares would be elite, Couture would be higher tier player. Laine can be elite, he just needs to bounce back

Fair enough. I categorize players like this

Generational (Crosby Ovechkin.....Mc David)
Elite. (Malkin kucherov)
Franchise (Laine Matthews eichel)
Great
Good
Average
Bender ......
Ccc liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
? San Jose Sharks ?
Fair enough. I categorize players like this

Generational (Crosby Ovechkin.....Mc David)
Elite. (Malkin kucherov)
Franchise (Laine Matthews eichel)
Great
Good
Average
Bender ......

Franchise would be over elite tho, and personally I’d see it more like this (using my team to just give a better look)

Generational (sharks no one)
Franchise (Karlsson; Albeit see how he does this year)
Elite (Burns)
Amazing (Meier, Hertl, couture)
Great (Kane, Labanc)
Good (Thornton, Dillon, Vlasic)
Average (Simek)
Bender (Goodrow)

Dustin brown
Sep. 1, 2019 at 8:11 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Franchise would be over elite tho, and personally I’d see it more like this (using my team to just give a better look)

Generational (sharks no one)
Franchise (Karlsson; Albeit see how he does this year)
Elite (Burns)
Amazing (Meier, Hertl, couture)
Great (Kane, Labanc)
Good (Thornton, Dillon, Vlasic)
Average (Simek)
Bender (Goodrow)

Dustin brown

See I have elite above bc every team has a franchise player but doesn’t make him elite. Either way
Sep. 1, 2019 at 8:18 p.m.
? San Jose Sharks ?
See I have elite above bc every team has a franchise player but doesn’t make him elite. Either way

Aight I agree with that view. I just see it as more, like who’s Minnesota’s “franchise guy”; idk dubnyk or Dumba or greenway idk but let’s say it’s Dumba for sake of conversation. Dumba wouldn’t be considered a franchise guy on Nashville toronto Washington SJS Winnipeg etc. Like most of the league wouldn’t consider a weak teams “franchise” guy a “franchise” guy in general. That’s how I see it. Like Anaheim has Gibson as THEIR franchise guy (at least I hold Gibson that highly) and he’d be franchise almost anywhere even on a team like Tampa they’d still have to consider Gibson as a guy who could hold this team above water. Just explaining my view but completely understand your take on it
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 8:41 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Aight I agree with that view. I just see it as more, like who’s Minnesota’s “franchise guy”; idk dubnyk or Dumba or greenway idk but let’s say it’s Dumba for sake of conversation. Dumba wouldn’t be considered a franchise guy on Nashville toronto Washington SJS Winnipeg etc. Like most of the league wouldn’t consider a weak teams “franchise” guy a “franchise” guy in general. That’s how I see it. Like Anaheim has Gibson as THEIR franchise guy (at least I hold Gibson that highly) and he’d be franchise almost anywhere even on a team like Tampa they’d still have to consider Gibson as a guy who could hold this team above water. Just explaining my view but completely understand your take on it

No I agree w you also. Both views are correct imo ha
Ccc liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll