C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$809,167$809,167
RD
RFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,666,667$1,666,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:37 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: linehan10
we talk about the leafs as a cup contender but they can't win a series lmao they're overrated until they get that elusive series win

As a Leafs fan I would say that you should not take serious anybody talk about Leafs being cup contender. They are not there yet. There is much of development left for Leafs to be put into that conversation. Thats just my opinion so I dont think Leafs are overrated.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Gofnut999
Being a B’s fan as much as i hate to say this. We’d be on that list. Overachieved a bit in regular season. Then did not have to play Bolts or Caps on the way to the final. Old nucleus. Shallow farm.

Are you saying the Bruins will miss the playoffs? They're a common pick to be a WC team. I think they're being underrated.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: coga16
absolutely , but the points you are making as the rationale are weak or just flat out incorrect so I I think you have a bias against them to begin with

The whole point is overrated teams. Most people are going to disagree.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Are you saying the Bruins will miss the playoffs? They're a common pick to be a WC team. I think they're being underrated.

No they are a playoff team. I just don’t think they are as good as people think they are and their window is closing fast.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:41 p.m.
I disagree. Look at his numbers.

and more importantly look at his numbers in the playoffs, he is a goalie good enough to win with, and now with the avs improved depth, they will be a much harder team to play against bc they are much better defensively as a group. OUT Kerfoot, Soderberg, Andrighetto, Bourque.... IN Kadri, Bura, Donskoi, Bellemare.

Makar is already better defensively than Barrie, thats why the hype is there. better improved depth and did not sacrifice their top end offensive bunch
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
The whole point is overrated teams. Most people are going to disagree.

My point is his rationale why he thinks they are over rated, its just nonsensical to be honest. You can feel that they are over rated, thats fine, the hype train is real for them, but the points are just very weak to inaccurate
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:45 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
I don't like anyone's death.

What if it's Hitler
Sep. 1, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Take that back right now libtard

Edit: this was suppose to be a quoted reply and it didn’t pop up so now I feel like the libtard
Caniac2000 and STLBlues17 liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
No they are a playoff team. I just don’t think they are as good as people think they are and their window is closing fast.

Lots of people think they're a WC team.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:13 p.m.
I can completely understand your thinking to all of these. I actually agree all 5 teams are overrated, but they aren't the most overrated imo. Teams like Calgary should be on here because they have no goaltending, teams like Carolina maybe for the same reason. I like the list though and completely understand the logic to it
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I think they lost the Barrie trade. They’re defense is way to inexperienced and I don’t like their death even w Kadri. Apparently Donskoi is supposed to help their top 6 but he’s not a top 6 forward. Burakovsky is a struggling player and if he finds his game then great but there’s a chance he doesn’t. I also don’t see Grub as a starter and j a really good backup. I don’t see them making it out of round 1 this year but some see them in the SCF

I also think the Avs are overrated. I am iffy on Grub, but he is good enough to get the job done. I think it's more important to look at their additions and subtractions.

Kadri is an upgrade on Soderberg, but they are close enough to evening out. Soderberg put up 49 points last season.
Kerfoot is better than Burakovsky.
Barrie is a HUGE loss to their inexperienced D. Makar should be solid tho.
Their goalie tandem is weakened by losing Varlamov.
Donskoi is an okay upgrade from Brassard. They will also have him for the entire season. But I don't think he played very well last season. See how he does as a middle six for the Avs.
Connauton and Nemeth cancel.
Bellemare is a good 4th liner.

Looking at it like this, did they really get that much better like its been speculated? I think they can make the playoffs again but maybe a little high on the hype.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:48 p.m.
Rangers 2023
The most overrated team is Vegas

L, vegas is amazing
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
if youre an islanders fan....Grubi out played and stole the net away from Varly, your number 1 now. If you are dismissing Grubi's ability, you are dismissing Varlys to be a starter too bc he was outplayed by this meh is a back up goalie in your eyes

We have defensemen over the age of 5 tho
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

The B’s are a very scary team. No fan from another team ever wants to play them
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:56 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
absolutely , but the points you are making as the rationale are weak or just flat out incorrect so I I think you have a bias against them to begin with

I don’t i like the Avs tbh. They’re a very likebale team. I j don’t think they’re as scary as people think.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: TheJonSnow
I also think the Avs are overrated. I am iffy on Grub, but he is good enough to get the job done. I think it's more important to look at their additions and subtractions.

Kadri is an upgrade on Soderberg, but they are close enough to evening out. Soderberg put up 49 points last season.
Kerfoot is better than Burakovsky.
Barrie is a HUGE loss to their inexperienced D. Makar should be solid tho.
Their goalie tandem is weakened by losing Varlamov.
Donskoi is an okay upgrade from Brassard. They will also have him for the entire season. But I don't think he played very well last season. See how he does as a middle six for the Avs.
Connauton and Nemeth cancel.
Bellemare is a good 4th liner.

Looking at it like this, did they really get that much better like its been speculated? I think they can make the playoffs again but maybe a little high on the hype.

Kerfoot isn't a massive upgrade, he's still the better player but hes stats are padded from playing wing with MacKinnon. He got something like 10 or 12 points in the last 18 games. Hes a decent player but away from the big 3 he was pretty mediocre offensively, especially in the playoffs. If Kerfoot can pad his stats with Mack, its not out of the question to think that Bura will being on Macks or even Kadris wing, both massive upgrades over I think Eller who was his most common C all last year.

Brassard was a lost cause last year, he was barely able to stay a float and giving 4th line impact....he needs to bounce back this year or else hes going to be in the KHL. , Donskoi is leaps and bounds better than Brassard was last year.

Inexperience D? Makar is the only one that will be a rookie next year and we all saw what he was able to do in the playoffs with Girard, they were electric and leaned on heavily. So hes not going to know what to do now in the Regular season? I dont get this point, they are now inexperienced bc they added Makar over Barrie? Girard, Zads, Johnson, Connauton, and Cole once he is back....its just Makar who has limited experience.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
We have defensemen over the age of 5 tho

what a dumb counterpoint. Makar is the only Rookie...Girard has played as many or more NHL games than basically half your D Core? And Avs are inexperienced?
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:05 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
what a dumb counterpoint. Makar is the only Rookie...Girard has played as many or more NHL games than basically half your D Core? And Avs are inexperienced?

They are, doesn’t mean there bad, they have 4 future cornerstones on defense, that’s nothing to get defensive about. But right now yes they are inexperienced. (Besides Johnson and I guessed Cole but he’s injured)
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
They are, doesn’t mean there bad, they have 4 future cornerstones on defense, that’s nothing to get defensive about. But right now yes they are inexperienced. (Besides Johnson and I guessed Cole but he’s injured)

Zadorov has 292 NHL games, Connauton 310 NHL games, Barberio 251 NHL games, if you think the Avs are inexperienced, Islanders D is very inexperienced despite having an high average age
Sorry this point is only made up in your mind bc you see Makar and Girard age and overlooking how many games Girard has played in the NHL already. thats what happens when you break in as a 18 year old and show you belong playing at high level out of the gate
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:09 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Zadorov has 292 NHL games, Connauton 310 NHL games, Barberio 251 NHL games, if you think the Avs are inexperienced, Islanders D is very inexperienced despite having an high average age
Sorry this point is only made up in your mind bc you see Makar and Girard age and overlooking how many games Girard has played in the NHL already. thats what happens when you break in as a 18 year old and show you belong playing at high level out of the gate

Lol ok Barberio and Conn stank. Girard is very good I’m not denying that. I j don’t think the Avs r great this year, they still have one of the brightest futures.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:11 p.m.
Lol ok Barberio and Conn stank. Girard is very good I’m not denying that. I j don’t think the Avs r great this year, they still have one of the brightest futures.

now you are changing your narrative, first it was they arent very experienced, however listing their 6th and 7th Dman having lots of exrpeince, well beyond half of your own teams D Core. Sorry but it was just a incorrect take by you.

If you dont like the D core thats one thing, but to try to beat around the bush by saying you dont like it bc it lacks experience, thats just factually wrong
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
now you are changing your narrative, first it was they arent very experienced, however listing their 6th and 7th Dman having lots of exrpeince, well beyond half of your own teams D Core. Sorry but it was just a incorrect take by you.

If you dont like the D core thats one thing, but to try to beat around the bush by saying you dont like it bc it lacks experience, thats just factually wrong

Sounds like someone needs a hug
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:16 p.m.
Sounds like someone needs a hug

So no counterpoint....is that Bc you realized that your false narrative was lazy and incorrect? Im sure you could use a hug after coming to that realization.
You dont have to like their D core, I dont care, your opinion is irrelevant judging the Avs, but dont just make up things without any substance
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Kerfoot isn't a massive upgrade, he's still the better player but hes stats are padded from playing wing with MacKinnon. He got something like 10 or 12 points in the last 18 games. Hes a decent player but away from the big 3 he was pretty mediocre offensively, especially in the playoffs. If Kerfoot can pad his stats with Mack, its not out of the question to think that Bura will being on Macks or even Kadris wing, both massive upgrades over I think Eller who was his most common C all last year.

Brassard was a lost cause last year, he was barely able to stay a float and giving 4th line impact....he needs to bounce back this year or else hes going to be in the KHL. , Donskoi is leaps and bounds better than Brassard was last year.

Inexperience D? Makar is the only one that will be a rookie next year and we all saw what he was able to do in the playoffs with Girard, they were electric and leaned on heavily. So hes not going to know what to do now in the Regular season? I dont get this point, they are now inexperienced bc they added Makar over Barrie? Girard, Zads, Johnson, Connauton, and Cole once he is back....its just Makar who has limited experience.

I will give you that I was wrong to say inexperienced D.

I never said losing Kerfoot was a massive downgrade*. Just that he is better. Only 7 of his 42 points last season are tied to Mack. So idk how Mack padded his stats?? I’m actually a big fan of Burakovsky. If he plays with Mack he will produce a lot.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kerfoal01/scoring/2019

Brassard was at a loss last year. That’s why I gave Donskoi the upgrade vote. But IMO Donskoi did not look very good last year. Depending on who he plays with, it can be hit or miss.

I mean overall their additions and subtractions are pretty close. And with that, I think their hype is too much. They will make playoffs, but too much hype.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: TheJonSnow
I will give you that I was wrong to say inexperienced D.

I never said losing Kerfoot was a massive downgrade*. Just that he is better. Only 7 of his 42 points last season are tied to Mack. So idk how Mack padded his stats?? I’m actually a big fan of Burakovsky. If he plays with Mack he will produce a lot.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kerfoal01/scoring/2019

Brassard was at a loss last year. That’s why I gave Donskoi the upgrade vote. But IMO Donskoi did not look very good last year. Depending on who he plays with, it can be hit or miss.

I mean overall their additions and subtractions are pretty close. And with that, I think their hype is too much. They will make playoffs, but too much hype.

Playing on the top line, look at what he did to end the season when he was on the top line. Not mack individually padding his stat but he slide into Mikkos spot for the last 14 games or so. He was a ghost offensively before Bednar mixed up the lines. Thats why him as a 3C on the leafs might be underwhelming, he does his best work as a Wing in the top 6.

Donskoi was a pest all series against the Avs, when Kerfoot disappeared in that series, the writing was the wall and probably why Avs wanted Donskoi so much.

I dont think they are as exciting as a team compared to last year but they will be a much harder team to play against. Thats why I think the hype is so real. Having Landeskog, Kadri, Donskoi/Compher as your close out shut down line to end games. SO much faith in that vs Landeskog, Soderberg Calvert who was the avs best option for that role last year?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll