SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

looking

Sep. 3, 2019 at 10:51 a.m.
it’s simple, you can’t put little with laine, they just can’t play together, roslovic or copp has to play 2c.
Sep. 3, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Habs for 25
Quoting: tsyls
it’s simple, you can’t put little with laine, they just can’t play together, roslovic or copp has to play 2c.

thanks for the info. I don't watch many Jets games so I wouldn't know.
Sep. 3, 2019 at 11:33 a.m.
Max
Personally i wouldn't do this deal Connor is to valuable for the Jets
BrandonMcD11 liked this.
Sep. 3, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Laine takes a discount on a bridge deal to get paid the big bucks when guys like Perreault, Copp/Lowry are off the books.

Admitting Laine might take a bridge deal....but not the reason you suggest. Jets and Laine just can't agree on a long term deal. So the ONLY NHL choice Laine has is a bridge. Probably no other NHL team thinks is worth a 9m plus long term. 7m X 3 is hardly a discount
Sep. 3, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
Jets Fan
Decent value on the trade. But CGY kinda needs Hanafin more than Connor. They already have Gaudreau and Tkachuk on the left wing. Giordano is getting older and Brodie could be gone after this season.

I would also suggest a 2 year term for Laine. Then they can pay him when Copp, Lowry, Perreault, Byfuglien, and Pionk come off. That way they don’t extend all those guys, just to run out of room the next year for Laine.

If Myers, Tanev, and Chiarot’s contracts ended last season, they probably would have been extended, and they wouldn’t have the room for Connor and Laine this year.
Sep. 3, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Molson22
Personally i wouldn't do this deal Connor is to valuable for the Jets

Personally I wouldn't do this deal, Hanifin is too valuable to the Flames. Both sides fan bases thinking they shouldn't usually means the guy nailed a pretty even trade.
BrandonMcD11 liked this.
Sep. 3, 2019 at 1:36 p.m.
Max
Quoting: SmugTkachuk
Personally I wouldn't do this deal, Hanifin is too valuable to the Flames. Both sides fan bases thinking they shouldn't usually means the guy nailed a pretty even trade.

Connor>Hanifin
Sep. 3, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Molson22
Connor>Hanifin

I don't disagree with that, that's why there are additional pieces in the deal. Hanifin is valuable to the Flames because him and Hamonic were one of the most solid pairings defensively last year and if Gio declines he would become out 1LD.
BrandonMcD11 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll