$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 5, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.
Who adds what?
Well, if you could put Ladd on LTIR, you wouldn't have to skate Matt Martin at 2L smile
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.
Where did you see this rumor? Can you post the link?

Overall, I like the trade for both sides, though I think WPG fans are going to hate it because it doesn't involve Dobson/Pulock going to WPG (which is just a ridiculous ask anyway). The trade gives WPG a cheap 2nd pairing D-man in Mayfield to stop in now and gives them a #2 RHD behind Byfuglien. Wilde is a nice futures piece for them and likely will be ready to step in next season after a year in the AHL, and has the potential to be a Top 4 RHD and PP QB. Bellows, despite what most on here think, is NHL ready and could slot in on the left side for WPG this coming season, or give them depth in case of injury.

My only suggestion would be to stagger the picks, so they both aren't in the same year. Maybe make the 2nd a 2021 pick.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
Where did you see this rumor? Can you post the link?

Overall, I like the trade for both sides, though I think WPG fans are going to hate it because it doesn't involve Dobson/Pulock going to WPG (which is just a ridiculous ask anyway). The trade gives WPG a cheap 2nd pairing D-man in Mayfield to stop in now and gives them a #2 RHD behind Byfuglien. Wilde is a nice futures piece for them and likely will be ready to step in next season after a year in the AHL, and has the potential to be a Top 4 RHD and PP QB. Bellows, despite what most on here think, is NHL ready and could slot in on the left side for WPG this coming season, or give them depth in case of injury.

My only suggestion would be to stagger the picks, so they both aren't in the same year. Maybe make the 2nd a 2021 pick.

Why is it a ridiculous ask??? Laine is a generational goal scoring talent that the Islanders and their fans covet judging by the million posts that have been made on here. Winnipeg still wants him and does not want or need to give him up. So if a team calls and says they want him, the ask of their top prospect is not unreasonable in the slightest. smh
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: KPasty
Why is it a ridiculous ask??? Laine is a generational goal scoring talent that the Islanders and their fans covet judging by the million posts that have been made on here. Winnipeg still wants him and does not want or need to give him up. So if a team calls and says they want him, the ask of their top prospect is not unreasonable in the slightest. smh

It is a ridiculous ask when the player your trading is a one dimensional player who (as has been reported numerous times) has no intentions of staying in WPG long term. Don't get me wrong, Laine is a great goal scorer, but that's all he is. He doesn't play D, he doesn't kill penalties and from what I've seen reported doesn't play physical. Not to mention the numerous times he's had an issue with Fortnite (to the point it's become a joke of the NHL).

You just don't give up a #1 D-man or a #1 Blue chip prospect for that... sorry.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
It is a ridiculous ask when the player your trading is a one dimensional player who (as has been reported numerous times) has no intentions of staying in WPG long term. Don't get me wrong, Laine is a great goal scorer, but that's all he is. He doesn't play D, he doesn't kill penalties and from what I've seen reported doesn't play physical. Not to mention the numerous times he's had an issue with Fortnite (to the point it's become a joke of the NHL).

You just don't give up a #1 D-man or a #1 Blue chip prospect for that... sorry.

Yeah show me the report that he doesn't want to be here... he's 21 and still developing his game at the NHL level. The last 3 months of season when he wasn't scoring at his usual rate he was playing a stronger game. In the playoffs the first 4 games he was the best player on the ice scoring and playing a physical and tough game Alright he doesn't kill penalties... not all players do. finally the whole fortnite thing is so blown out of proportion its laughable...

So much misinformation.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:13 a.m.
Yeah show me the report that he doesn't want to be here... he's 21 and still developing his game at the NHL level. The last 3 months of season when he wasn't scoring at his usual rate he was playing a stronger game. In the playoffs the first 4 games he was the best player on the ice scoring and playing a physical and tough game Alright he doesn't kill penalties... not all players do. finally the whole fortnite thing is so blown out of proportion its laughable...

So much misinformation.

I agree with this entire comment. I’m a jets fan but I’m so confused as to why everyone thinks he said he doesn’t want to stay in WPG. He never once said anything bad about WPG or even mention not playing there. In that interview he did. He’s literally just saying everything his agent is telling him to say. People blew that interview so out of proportion
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:19 a.m.
I think the biggest thing about Laine is (and probably Marner is in the same boat with his team) that he's more valuable to Winning than any other team in the league. When start factoring in other things like Laine's overall game (yes he's improving and will become a better overall player) not quite as good it's just better to find a way to keep him.

I fully believe the Jets would not get fair value for Laine because over the course of the next few years he will have a more complete game and that's where the Jets lose value in trading him.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.

So much misinformation.

Here's two reports... one with two sources saying Laine wants out and the other, not really saying he wants out, but it's Laine himself not really selling the fact that he wants to stay in WPG either...

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/06/rumor-patrik-laine-wants-out-of-winnipeg.html

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets-patrik-laine-restricted-free-agency-1.5250756

Now, in the second article, before you go saying "He never said he wants out"... you're right he didn't, but he also didn't say anything like "I want to stay in WPG" or "WPG is where I want to be" like most players who want to stay somewhere do.

And not for nothing, but 3 months and 4 playoff games doesn't undo the fact that for the other 2+ years he's been one dimensional and everyone knows this. Maybe he's turning a corner defensively, sure, but until he does consistently he's not going to rid himself of the one dimensional moniker and that's going to hurt any return the Jets get.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
Here's two reports... one with two sources saying Laine wants out and the other, not really saying he wants out, but it's Laine himself not really selling the fact that he wants to stay in WPG either...

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/06/rumor-patrik-laine-wants-out-of-winnipeg.html

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets-patrik-laine-restricted-free-agency-1.5250756

Now, in the second article, before you go saying "He never said he wants out"... you're right he didn't, but he also didn't say anything like "I want to stay in WPG" or "WPG is where I want to be" like most players who want to stay somewhere do.

And not for nothing, but 3 months and 4 playoff games doesn't undo the fact that for the other 2+ years he's been one dimensional and everyone knows this. Maybe he's turning a corner defensively, sure, but until he does consistently he's not going to rid himself of the one dimensional moniker and that's going to hurt any return the Jets get.

And not for nothing, but 3 months and 4 playoff games doesn't undo the fact that for the other 2+ years he's been one dimensional and everyone knows this. Maybe he's turning a corner defensively, sure, but until he does consistently he's not going to rid himself of the one dimensional moniker and that's going to hurt any return the Jets get.[/quo

You cannot believe a single word written on a site called “nhl trade rumours” and the other article is so blown out of proportion as you said. He never explicitly said he wants out, and until either he or his agent say that then it’s all misinformation.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.

I'm not believing the information on the site, I'm believing where they said it came from. Pagnotta is a tool, but he has information. He broke Tavares to Toronto, with details on the contract a full day before anyone else did. Not saying he's totally believable on all accounts, but if he's reporting that Laine wants out, I tend to believe there might be something to it.

And again, the second article, is more about what he didn't say than what he did. Look at all the other RFAs out there... Marner, Point, Rantanen, etc... have all been quoted as saying their current team is where they want to be. Laine is the only one who hasn't, in fact the whole tone of that second article makes it seem like he wants out. Again, not saying it's concrete proor, but it does lead credence to the notion that Laine wants out of WPG.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll