Forums/Armchair-GM

If we went after Laine

Created by: Acegamer
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 5, 2019
Published: Sep. 5, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Would this do it? They would have to trade for cap space later obvs.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$4,000,000
8$8,000,000
8$8,000,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Laine, Patrik [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,927,501$0$2,520,000$4,572,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$786,667$786,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
Banned
No jake debrusk No laine. This package is garbage. Trent frederick will be in is best year a 3 rs line players carlo is good but will be a 2nd pairing defence at best and heinen doesn’t have the pedigree to become a star players. 30 team offer better then that
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Biased Opinion
Quoting: Sebybbq
No jake debrusk No laine. This package is garbage. Trent frederick will be in is best year a 3 rs line players carlo is good but will be a 2nd pairing defence at best and heinen doesn’t have the pedigree to become a star players. 30 team offer better then that

*29 teams
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Barbs
*29 teams

Seattle have a better offer even if they don’t have players.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
Bcarlo25

granted, I didn't understand half of what you said. I don't necessarily disagree with you saying the trade is bad, but.
Frederic is a solid prospect. Again, no clue what you said about him, maybe you agree?
Carlo at best a second pair d man? Welllll there were a lot of times in the playoffs when he was the bruins best player. There were a lot of times he was the best player on the ice for either team in the first two rounds, so i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that one super chief.
Barbs, bhavikp27 and KennyBoi liked this.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Seattle have a better offer even if they don’t have players.

okay that was pretty good.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bcarlo25
granted, I didn't understand half of what you said. I don't necessarily disagree with you saying the trade is bad, but.
Frederic is a solid prospect. Again, no clue what you said about him, maybe you agree?
Carlo at best a second pair d man? Welllll there were a lot of times in the playoffs when he was the bruins best player. There were a lot of times he was the best player on the ice for either team in the first two rounds, so i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that one super chief.

Carlo will be a haljmarson type of defenceman, very affective, doiing all thing right on the ice but still isn’t a top pairing defenceman since i doesn’t have the offensive side to is game. I mean i add not said he was bad but still isnt a top 2 defenseman. I love carlo and playing 5on5 shutdown minutes is a great task but doesnt have the same impact of a potential 59 goal scorer. Trent frederic is a good prospect but he was drafted because of is energy and size not for is offensive skill. I mean he is not a pure skill guys like laine, or pastrnak. Winnipeg would want a prospect like that in return
Sep. 5, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Carlo will be a haljmarson type of defenceman, very affective, doiing all thing right on the ice but still isn’t a top pairing defenceman since i doesn’t have the offensive side to is game. I mean i add not said he was bad but still isnt a top 2 defenseman. I love carlo and playing 5on5 shutdown minutes is a great task but doesnt have the same impact of a potential 59 goal scorer. Trent frederic is a good prospect but he was drafted because of is energy and size not for is offensive skill. I mean he is not a pure skill guys like laine, or pastrnak. Winnipeg would want a prospect like that in return

on Carlo: Doesn't have the points yet, no arguing that. There's more than is on the stat sheet though. The dude can flat out skate and towards the end of the year it seemed like he flipped a switch and started jumping into the play more. I mean, he scored a short handed goal in the stanley cup final by joining the rush to create a 2 on 1. I think saying he doesn't have the offensive side is kind of ridiculously premature if you watch the guy play. Also saying that he isn't a top two defensemen is something i can't understand, especially in the context of you saying that at best he's a good second pair. First off, he just turned 22. Second, in 5 on 5 ice time, want to take a guess where he ranked on the boston bruins, you know, that team that was one win away from a cup? second. and that's with mcavoy blocking him at the top RD position. He's already there.
KennyBoi and bhavikp27 liked this.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Banned
on Carlo: Doesn't have the points yet, no arguing that. There's more than is on the stat sheet though. The dude can flat out skate and towards the end of the year it seemed like he flipped a switch and started jumping into the play more. I mean, he scored a short handed goal in the stanley cup final by joining the rush to create a 2 on 1. I think saying he doesn't have the offensive side is kind of ridiculously premature if you watch the guy play. Also saying that he isn't a top two defensemen is something i can't understand, especially in the context of you saying that at best he's a good second pair. First off, he just turned 22. Second, in 5 on 5 ice time, want to take a guess where he ranked on the boston bruins, you know, that team that was one win away from a cup? second. and that's with mcavoy blocking him at the top RD position. He's already there.

You don’t understand a single word of what ive said. Carlo won’t become a duncan keith or doughty or hedman. Scoring 30-35 pount a year isnt enough for being a top 2 defenseman. That being said doesn’t mean that playing second pairing defence doesn’t as less impact. Actuallythe difference with a top unit and a second unit is most frequently the Powerplay time. Scoring one goal on a rush doesnt make you a general on the pp. the offensive skill isnt something that couls be learn its instinctive. He will not turn into a 50 point defenseman. But can easily be one of the top nhl shutdown defenseman. Brett pesce is a good example. He is valuable to any member of that defensive squad but he isnt the pp guys that doesnt mean is bad so calm down a minutes and read carefully. Even if you dream of carlo at night being the highly scoring defenseman you think he is that not realistic.

Does the hawks win 3 cup without haljmarson the answers is clear its no. But does it make him a premiere defenseman no. Same as carlo. Edmunston in st louis those are the con’arable
Sep. 5, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
Bcarlo25
You don’t understand a single word of what ive said. Carlo won’t become a duncan keith or doughty or hedman. Scoring 30-35 pount a year isnt enough for being a top 2 defenseman. That being said doesn’t mean that playing second pairing defence doesn’t as less impact. Actuallythe difference with a top unit and a second unit is most frequently the Powerplay time. Scoring one goal on a rush doesnt make you a general on the pp. the offensive skill isnt something that couls be learn its instinctive. He will not turn into a 50 point defenseman. But can easily be one of the top nhl shutdown defenseman. Brett pesce is a good example. He is valuable to any member of that defensive squad but he isnt the pp guys that doesnt mean is bad so calm down a minutes and read carefully. Even if you dream of carlo at night being the highly scoring defenseman you think he is that not realistic.

Does the hawks win 3 cup without haljmarson the answers is clear its no. But does it make him a premiere defenseman no. Same as carlo. Edmunston in st louis those are the con’arable

wow. I'm kind of amazed that you had the balls to say that I don't understand what you're saying when you made the following assumptions out of thin air.
1. I think Carlo will become a hedman, doughty, or keith?
2. I think Carlo scoring a short handed goal makes him a power play general?
3. I think he'll turn into a 50 point guy?

Did you really just tell me to read carefully? After that interpretation? seriously?

Anywho, few issues here. First is that you think the offense end is purely instinctive and can't be learned or whatever. Actually in a weird way I somewhat agree with you, the issue is, he's shown the instinct! He's there! He has shown a profound amount of jitters with the puck when he gets to the offensive areas, but that can be outgrown, and it kind of looked like that happened in the latter half of the season and the playoffs.
Here's the big one. Scoring 30-35 points a year isn't enough for being a top two. Well, that's bonkers. Let's just take a look for a second at how many d men scored 35 points last year. Ah yes, 41. So that's kind of out the window right? If we weren't sure, there are a ton of guys in that 41 that aren't top pairing d men because they're friggin liablities in their own end. Let's take a look at some of them for kicks. Faulk, Dunn, Ghost, Hamilton, Severson, Risto, Krug, Barrie, Gustaffson. I think those are just the guys taht no one could really argue is a top pair guy. So now we're somewhere around 30 guys in the league that meets your lofty threshold? Now let's take a look at some of the guys that I think every hockey fan that knows a thing or two would agree are top pair talents. You mentioned Pesce, he's one. Heiskanen, Weber, maybe Hanifin, Subban, Slavin (freaking SLAVIN, he's a legit number one d, top ten in the league for sure), Hampus Lindholm, and my personal favorite....boy if you don't think this guy is a top pairing d man in the NHL, I don't know if there's any helping you: Colton Parayko. 28 points. I think Carlo can get to a Parayko like level of production. That's not a stretch in the slightest, and that would certainly place his ceiling (your term, not mine) above a second pairing d man.

Cheers.
KennyBoi liked this.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.
Anyways, nothing works here.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
Banned
wow. I'm kind of amazed that you had the balls to say that I don't understand what you're saying when you made the following assumptions out of thin air.
1. I think Carlo will become a hedman, doughty, or keith?
2. I think Carlo scoring a short handed goal makes him a power play general?
3. I think he'll turn into a 50 point guy?

Did you really just tell me to read carefully? After that interpretation? seriously?

Anywho, few issues here. First is that you think the offense end is purely instinctive and can't be learned or whatever. Actually in a weird way I somewhat agree with you, the issue is, he's shown the instinct! He's there! He has shown a profound amount of jitters with the puck when he gets to the offensive areas, but that can be outgrown, and it kind of looked like that happened in the latter half of the season and the playoffs.
Here's the big one. Scoring 30-35 points a year isn't enough for being a top two. Well, that's bonkers. Let's just take a look for a second at how many d men scored 35 points last year. Ah yes, 41. So that's kind of out the window right? If we weren't sure, there are a ton of guys in that 41 that aren't top pairing d men because they're friggin liablities in their own end. Let's take a look at some of them for kicks. Faulk, Dunn, Ghost, Hamilton, Severson, Risto, Krug, Barrie, Gustaffson. I think those are just the guys taht no one could really argue is a top pair guy. So now we're somewhere around 30 guys in the league that meets your lofty threshold? Now let's take a look at some of the guys that I think every hockey fan that knows a thing or two would agree are top pair talents. You mentioned Pesce, he's one. Heiskanen, Weber, maybe Hanifin, Subban, Slavin (freaking SLAVIN, he's a legit number one d, top ten in the league for sure), Hampus Lindholm, and my personal favorite....boy if you don't think this guy is a top pairing d man in the NHL, I don't know if there's any helping you: Colton Parayko. 28 points. I think Carlo can get to a Parayko like level of production. That's not a stretch in the slightest, and that would certainly place his ceiling (your term, not mine) above a second pairing d man.

Cheers.

So a guys who add 32 point in 230
Games have some good offensive upside. Jordie benn add more point than that. This is not good im sorry
Sep. 5, 2019 at 5:07 p.m.

isnt it funny how ur getting no likes on ur posts and bcarlo is? I think u should just stop embarrassing yourself
Sep. 5, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: KennyBoi
isnt it funny how ur getting no likes on ur posts and bcarlo is? I think u should just stop embarrassing yourself

Because im the only one that doesn’t libe in denied. Jesus lord carlo top pairing defenceman with offensive upside. Its funny how bruins fan are delusional. I add similar stats then brook orpik add in is first years. Orpiks played for majority of is career against top player line does that means he is a top defenseman? Carlo isnt bobby orr, so calm down
Sep. 5, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So a guys who add 32 point in 230
Games have some good offensive upside. Jordie benn add more point than that. This is not good im sorry

Okay so as long as you’re willing to admit that all you bring to the table is hockeydb then I’ll accept it, and ignore it as uninformed and useless.

Also you’re just gonna ignore the part where you’re blatantly wrong about 35 points not being a top pair guy? Cool.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
Banned
Okay so as long as you’re willing to admit that all you bring to the table is hockeydb then I’ll accept it, and ignore it as uninformed and useless.

Also you’re just gonna ignore the part where you’re blatantly wrong about 35 points not being a top pair guy? Cool.

If carlo reach 35 point some day maybe i
Do apologize but since he is far away from
That i mean he average 11 point a season. I watch him play a lot last year and like i alread Said he is a very efficient shutdown dman but he doesn’t have offensive upside. I doesn’t join the rush often. Does have a lot of exit in control. Is metric are awesome defensively, but he isn’t offensive at all, that a fact. Even if you think that he is thats doesnt change the fact. He was the 168 defenseman for point, 76 in ice time with 20+ minutes but no powerplay minutes , pk and even strength. So i think i prouve my point. Carlo isn’t a top defenseman. He is a good 2 nd pairing. I know that as a fan its hard to evaluate our players fairly simce we always think they are better than other but with proof and facts he isnt a top pair defenseman. Charlie mcavoy is a top pairing defenseman.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 7:49 p.m.
Bcarlo25
If carlo reach 35 point some day maybe i
Do apologize but since he is far away from
That i mean he average 11 point a season. I watch him play a lot last year and like i alread Said he is a very efficient shutdown dman but he doesn’t have offensive upside. I doesn’t join the rush often. Does have a lot of exit in control. Is metric are awesome defensively, but he isn’t offensive at all, that a fact. Even if you think that he is thats doesnt change the fact. He was the 168 defenseman for point, 76 in ice time with 20+ minutes but no powerplay minutes , pk and even strength. So i think i prouve my point. Carlo isn’t a top defenseman. He is a good 2 nd pairing. I know that as a fan its hard to evaluate our players fairly simce we always think they are better than other but with proof and facts he isnt a top pair defenseman. Charlie mcavoy is a top pairing defenseman.

We’re talking about ceiling. That was your word, not mine.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 8:08 p.m.
Banned
We’re talking about ceiling. That was your word, not mine.

And still think he hasn’t the ceiling of a top defenseman. He will be a haljmarson type of defenseman for us career
Sep. 5, 2019 at 8:14 p.m.
Bcarlo25
And still think he hasn’t the ceiling of a top defenseman. He will be a haljmarson type of defenseman for us career

Lol just showed how everything you said was wrong and you just double down with absolute statements. Good for you bud
KennyBoi liked this.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 8:36 p.m.
Because im the only one that doesn’t libe in denied. Jesus lord carlo top pairing defenceman with offensive upside. Its funny how bruins fan are delusional. I add similar stats then brook orpik add in is first years. Orpiks played for majority of is career against top player line does that means he is a top defenseman? Carlo isnt bobby orr, so calm down

k first of all u need to re-take grd 9 english cause wtf r u saying. Secondly im not getting worked up over this, u are, so if anyone needs to chill it would be u bud.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: KennyBoi
k first of all u need to re-take grd 9 english cause wtf r u saying. Secondly im not getting worked up over this, u are, so if anyone needs to chill it would be u bud.

Premierement quand tu sauras capable de me
Répondre en français tu pourras chialer sur mon anglais. Deuxièmement ta juste a pas poster des commentaires si tu veux pas recevoir l’heure juste. C’est pas moi invente une vie a mes joueurs pour leur donné plus d’importance qu’ils en ont réellement
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
Banned
Lol just showed how everything you said was wrong and you just double down with absolute statements. Good for you bud

You show me nothing accept that you like carlo a lot and you are clearly blinded by the fact that your a bruins fan. No one in the league would estimate that carlo will become
A top defenseman.
Sep. 5, 2019 at 9:57 p.m.
Bcarlo25
You show me nothing accept that you like carlo a lot and you are clearly blinded by the fact that your a bruins fan. No one in the league would estimate that carlo will become
A top defenseman.

Except for that whole thing about 35 points not being good enough to be top pair. Remind me why slavin and parayko aren’t top pair d men
Sep. 5, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
Banned
Except for that whole thing about 35 points not being good enough to be top pair. Remind me why slavin and parayko aren’t top pair d men

Parayko isnt a top pair dman he play behind pietrangelo. And slavin is shutdown defenceman. Codi ceci was playing first pair last season in ottawa that doesn’t mean he is a top defenseman. There not even top defenceman on everyteam, some players are there by forfeit. Ron hainsey was Playing top spot half of the year that doesn’t make him top defenseman. Does malkin is a second line center since he as been behind crosby all is career. Im sorry but you haven’t prove anything. Carlo isnt a top defenseman ceiling and thats it stop trying to convince me, find
If you want to lived in your imaginary world who a defenseman who ad 10 point have a offensive ceiling high enough to be a top
Defenseman
Sep. 6, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Parayko isnt a top pair dman he play behind pietrangelo. And slavin is shutdown defenceman. Codi ceci was playing first pair last season in ottawa that doesn’t mean he is a top defenseman. There not even top defenceman on everyteam, some players are there by forfeit. Ron hainsey was Playing top spot half of the year that doesn’t make him top defenseman. Does malkin is a second line center since he as been behind crosby all is career. Im sorry but you haven’t prove anything. Carlo isnt a top defenseman ceiling and thats it stop trying to convince me, find
If you want to lived in your imaginary world who a defenseman who ad 10 point have a offensive ceiling high enough to be a top
Defenseman

Enjoy whatever sport you’re watching. It ain’t hockey. Cheers
Sep. 6, 2019 at 1:36 a.m.
Banned
Enjoy whatever sport you’re watching. It ain’t hockey. Cheers

???? so thank you. ???? the guys think he know hockey, brandon carlo 32 pts 230 games as potential to become a top defenseman and im the one who doesn’t know what is talking about. You just have to say sorry you’re right i overvalued im a little bit and that it not a big deal

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll