Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Hawks Fan
??????
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:13 p.m.
Toronto adds a lot:
1. No guarantee on what Marner's deal will look like so its sketchy.
2. TT and Pesce are on ridiculously good bargain deals long term that outvalue Marners production per cap hit unless Marner signs for like 7M.
3. Canes are currently over the cap and need to shed cap space (most likely Faulk) which contradicts trading Pesce to begin with

PS. this idea has been run to the ground by leafs fans over and over and over. I responded as logically and nicely as possible but prep yourself for the hate you will receive
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:22 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Toronto adds a lot:
1. No guarantee on what Marner's deal will look like so its sketchy.
2. TT and Pesce are on ridiculously good bargain deals long term that outvalue Marners production per cap hit unless Marner signs for like 7M.
3. Canes are currently over the cap and need to shed cap space (most likely Faulk) which contradicts trading Pesce to begin with

PS. this idea has been run to the ground by leafs fans over and over and over. I responded as logically and nicely as possible but prep yourself for the hate you will receive

I don't think Marner has the ability to ask for more than Aho if he is not on the Leafs. If he is traded to the Canes his leverage evaporates.

Pesce somehow has become somewhat overrated, he is on a good contract, I wouldn't say "ridiculously good bargain deal". He is what he is, a good defensive, but somewhat lacking offesnive, complementary top pairing D man or very good second pairing Dman. That is worth 4-5 million.

Terevainen again is on a good contract, it will remain to be seen if last year is his true new form, if so he is on a ridiculous bargain. Otherwise he is a 6ish million player.

So I agree in a sense, they are both on good contracts, don't agree that they're on "ridiculously good bargain deals".

In regards to the beaten to death and all that, first thank you for responding without being an ass. It is appreciated. The reason I posted this now, is the situation has changed, Carolina now has Gardiner, which really makes their D great and they really should be using a D to acquire high end forward talent (or a goalie, but I am not sure if there are any available worth trading one of their high end D for). I actually did make a Cane's post where they traded for RNH as well.
leaflet liked this.
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
I don't think Marner has the ability to ask for more than Aho if he is not on the Leafs. If he is traded to the Canes his leverage evaporates.

Pesce somehow has become somewhat overrated, he is on a good contract, I wouldn't say "ridiculously good bargain deal". He is what he is, a good defensive, but somewhat lacking offesnive, complementary top pairing D man or very good second pairing Dman. That is worth 4-5 million.

Terevainen again is on a good contract, it will remain to be seen if last year is his true new form, if so he is on a ridiculous bargain. Otherwise he is a 6ish million player.

So I agree in a sense, they are both on good contracts, don't agree that they're on "ridiculously good bargain deals".

In regards to the beaten to death and all that, first thank you for responding without being an ass. It is appreciated. The reason I posted this now, is the situation has changed, Carolina now has Gardiner, which really makes their D great and they really should be using a D to acquire high end forward talent (or a goalie, but I am not sure if there are any available worth trading one of their high end D for). I actually did make a Cane's post where they traded for RNH as well.

And this is why Carolina laugh as they hang up
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:40 p.m.

Carolina is in a pretty goos spot offensively right now, a lot of strong wingers an elite center, similar to Tampa (Tampa has a little more with Kucherov though).

Pesce might be a little overrated but not by much. Think Vlassic in his prime. Hes worth at least 3M more than what hes making.

The issue is they are now over the cap so getting someone like Marner doesnt really help
Sep. 6, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
Carolina is in a pretty goos spot offensively right now, a lot of strong wingers an elite center, similar to Tampa (Tampa has a little more with Kucherov though).

Pesce might be a little overrated but not by much. Think Vlassic in his prime. Hes worth at least 3M more than what hes making.

The issue is they are now over the cap so getting someone like Marner doesnt really help

Pesce isn't worth 7 million. There are a handful of D in the league making 7 million or more. As I said he is a complimentary top pairing D or a great second pairing D. A good #3 D, an okay number 2. He is worth 5 million, not more.

Carolina has upside in their forward core but they are nowhere near Tampa.

Stamkos/Point/Kucherov are all better than anyone on Carolina.

Carolina has a top end C in Aho who is still behind both of Tampa's top C's. A good first liner, but non stud in Teravainen. A guy who was a dump half a season ago, but has refound himself in Neidereiter. They have two middle 6'ers in Haula/Dzingel. They have Staal as whatever he is today.

Then they have a top winger prospect in Svechnikov.

They have some good young players with upside, but no significant NHL production after that (Necas, Wallmark, etc).

They are good, but they are not in Tampa's realm.
Sep. 6, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.

Stuff like this shows just how UNDERRATED Pesce is.

He put up 29 points last year (58th among defensemen) and did it with Zero power play time

Let's play a game, find me one defensemen in the top 75 point producers that get ZERO powerplay points

alternatively you can just look at 5v5 stats and see how much he rises up the list

He has a lot of offensive talent, He has a great hockey IQ, and knows when he can pinch, when he can jump in the play and almost never gets burned when he does.
(this is why he is so valuable)
Sep. 6, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.

Good luck presenting rational arguments in here. Teravainen was acquired for a 2nd and a 3rd! Him and Pesce for Marner would actually be a fair deal, that's for sure. And Marner would give the Canes the spark that they need to compete. Works for both teams. I just don't see either GM going for it, is the only thing.
Sep. 6, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: Shifttee
Stuff like this shows just how UNDERRATED Pesce is.

He put up 29 points last year (58th among defensemen) and did it with Zero power play time

Let's play a game, find me one defensemen in the top 75 point producers that get ZERO powerplay points

alternatively you can just look at 5v5 stats and see how much he rises up the list

He has a lot of offensive talent, He has a great hockey IQ, and knows when he can pinch, when he can jump in the play and almost never gets burned when he does.
(this is why he is so valuable)

Im arguing in favor of Pesce... i said hes worth 7M+

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll