Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,023,331$0$1,362,500$476,669

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 10, 2019 at 12:29 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
IMO, might be the best option available for both sides. (both don't like it) Good call.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 2:11 a.m.
Banned
I don't see it. He's a 40 goal scorer. He's gonna get paid like one. I'm thinking 5x10 ish. Spare me the tax BS argument.
It's hard not to use Matthews as his comparable. Yes Mathews is a center but Point collects more points.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 2:22 a.m.
MK458
Quoting: pharrow
I don't see it. He's a 40 goal scorer. He's gonna get paid like one. I'm thinking 5x10 ish. Spare me the tax BS argument.
It's hard not to use Matthews as his comparable. Yes Mathews is a center but Point collects more points.

You realize that the OP is proposing a 3 year bridge deal right? If you think 5x10 is fair value, then is 3x8 really that far off? I'm confused.

Also, do you think point is not a center??? You said "yes Matthew's is a center, but Point collects more points". Point is a center. Do you think he's a winger? I'm baffled by your comment
tharrell liked this.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 3:57 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: mk458
You realize that the OP is proposing a 3 year bridge deal right? If you think 5x10 is fair value, then is 3x8 really that far off? I'm confused.

Also, do you think point is not a center??? You said "yes Matthew's is a center, but Point collects more points". Point is a center. Do you think he's a winger? I'm baffled by your comment

I do realize it's a bridge deal. 3 Years will put him at 7 and hence a FA. I don't think it's in TBL best interest to do that. He's still fairly young. He's 23 to start the season so 5 years puts him at 28 and still in his prime when it ends. I would say there is a huge difference between 8 and 10 if it was me getting the money. So yes. You are looking at 6 million difference between the two over the 3 years to buy the other 2 years.
If you are the team you are trying to extend that deal for a fair amount of time. I look at his contract and compare it to what Guentzel signed. 5 years, buying 2 years into his FA. I think that's the model this will follow. Teams either want you 1 year short or to buy in. Even Mathews got 1 year bought out. It's a give and take. The player won't get the ideal length unless there is other issues or one hell of a discount. It's not in the teams interest to do that.

I do realize Point is a center but he has also spent time on R wing. Mathews has been a pure center. That's more my point there as you are paid on your past performance.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 6:26 a.m.

There is really no way for BriseBois to justify giving Point more than Kucherov. Point scored well, but it’s not as though there’s really an argument as to whom drove the offense on that line. Besides, a ton of his production was on his absolutely lethal power play unit with Stamkos, Kucherov, and Hedman, and that’s worth less money than even strength scoring.

The closest team comparable to Point is Stamkos (not in skill set, but I would say in raw value) and he’s making $8.5m on a deal he signed as a UFA. The cap may be higher, but it’s not as though that means we have more cap space to hand out. I’m sure I’m being way too optimistic here, but I don’t understand at all why he should get a better deal than Stamkos (and I would say he should get an even lower AAV if he takes less term).
Zwui21 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 7:04 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: I_Know_Nothing_About_Hockey_Or_Any_Sport2
There is really no way for BriseBois to justify giving Point more than Kucherov. Point scored well, but it’s not as though there’s really an argument as to whom drove the offense on that line. Besides, a ton of his production was on his absolutely lethal power play unit with Stamkos, Kucherov, and Hedman, and that’s worth less money than even strength scoring.

The closest team comparable to Point is Stamkos (not in skill set, but I would say in raw value) and he’s making $8.5m on a deal he signed as a UFA. The cap may be higher, but it’s not as though that means we have more cap space to hand out. I’m sure I’m being way too optimistic here, but I don’t understand at all why he should get a better deal than Stamkos (and I would say he should get an even lower AAV if he takes less term).

They cap was what 73 million then. So that's 9.5 million as a percentage. Point's a better player than Stamkos. Anyway, it's the term that is important. It's the 5 year term I think you see. They buy a year or two of the FA term. Just like they did on Stamkos, he signed a 5 year deal after his 1st contract. Kuch did 3 and 3, but was a RFA at the end. See the point I'm getting at here. It's not going to be a 3 year deal taking him to FA. That's not going to happen. I don't see it here, and I don't see a history of how they do their players that way.
As far as Kuch, he's a pure winger. wingers make less than Centers in most cases. I think TB looks at point as a center now, he started at wing due to size I think. But the last two years he's been at center for the most part. While the PP is a fair point, Kuch's production is also heavy on the PP. He had 15 goals, compared to 20 for point. and 48 points compared to points 35.
I'm not taking anything away from Kuch, but it's a lot easier to play wing than center. On top of it point did a decent job in the circle with a +50% FO%. not much higher but still a high end center like that to be that good that young on the dot is pretty impressive. So he gets more.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 7:11 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Point is a 2 way center .. he younger and better than Stamkos NOW .. it amazes me how people compare old team contracts to what really matters.. the market .. Tampa fans should WANT an 8 by 10M contract... a 3 by 8M only leads to a 5 by 15M in 3 years .. lock in your core LT .. at all costs
Sep. 10, 2019 at 7:55 a.m.
They cap was what 73 million then. So that's 9.5 million as a percentage. Point's a better player than Stamkos. Anyway, it's the term that is important. It's the 5 year term I think you see. They buy a year or two of the FA term. Just like they did on Stamkos, he signed a 5 year deal after his 1st contract. Kuch did 3 and 3, but was a RFA at the end. See the point I'm getting at here. It's not going to be a 3 year deal taking him to FA. That's not going to happen. I don't see it here, and I don't see a history of how they do their players that way.
As far as Kuch, he's a pure winger. wingers make less than Centers in most cases. I think TB looks at point as a center now, he started at wing due to size I think. But the last two years he's been at center for the most part. While the PP is a fair point, Kuch's production is also heavy on the PP. He had 15 goals, compared to 20 for point. and 48 points compared to points 35.
I'm not taking anything away from Kuch, but it's a lot easier to play wing than center. On top of it point did a decent job in the circle with a +50% FO%. not much higher but still a high end center like that to be that good that young on the dot is pretty impressive. So he gets more.

Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
Point is a 2 way center .. he younger and better than Stamkos NOW .. it amazes me how people compare old team contracts to what really matters.. the market .. Tampa fans should WANT an 8 by 10M contract... a 3 by 8M only leads to a 5 by 15M in 3 years .. lock in your core LT .. at all costs

I don’t know what makes Point better than Stamkos right now. Stamkos is a better shooter and got more points than Point despite worse line mates. Point has the defensive edge, but it’s not even by that much. I know rankings are pretty meaningless, but every single ranking list I’ve seen puts Stamkos before Point, and I don’t think it’s a random coincidence. Stamkos is also a leader and is captain, which increases his value. All eight years of Stamkos’ contract are UFA years. Point has three more RFA years. Yes, the cap has gone up, but we still have less cap space than when we signed Stamkos, and Point probably wants to leave us room to give him a good team. I think a long-term deal at $8.5m AAV would be perfectly reasonable, though I’m preparing for disappointment.

Wingers are obviously less valuable than centers and Point plays center, but Kucherov makes up for that by being better than Point. He got 128 points this season and won the Hart Trophy and has broken 100 points twice. Point never has. Kucherov also got his deal after a ridiculously cheap bridge.

I want Point long-term, but if he thinks he needs more than Kucherov for that to get done, we’ll bridge him. We simply don’t have that cap and don’t have the flexibility to get it.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 9:21 a.m.
Banned
I don’t know what makes Point better than Stamkos right now. Stamkos is a better shooter and got more points than Point despite worse line mates. Point has the defensive edge, but it’s not even by that much. I know rankings are pretty meaningless, but every single ranking list I’ve seen puts Stamkos before Point, and I don’t think it’s a random coincidence. Stamkos is also a leader and is captain, which increases his value. All eight years of Stamkos’ contract are UFA years. Point has three more RFA years. Yes, the cap has gone up, but we still have less cap space than when we signed Stamkos, and Point probably wants to leave us room to give him a good team. I think a long-term deal at $8.5m AAV would be perfectly reasonable, though I’m preparing for disappointment.

Wingers are obviously less valuable than centers and Point plays center, but Kucherov makes up for that by being better than Point. He got 128 points this season and won the Hart Trophy and has broken 100 points twice. Point never has. Kucherov also got his deal after a ridiculously cheap bridge.

I want Point long-term, but if he thinks he needs more than Kucherov for that to get done, we’ll bridge him. We simply don’t have that cap and don’t have the flexibility to get it.

eh, I don't think Stamkos is much of a leader, I don't think many TB fans think that either. I think Point is the better player because he's faster and more responsible.
This team has room both Gourde and Johnson are both replaceable. Hell their lack of size cost them last year. Getting rid of the small wingers for players who can actually lay a hit and fight for a puck would probably improve the team.

Anyway, history is against the bridge deal here. TB isn't going to put him right to FA. You are looking at 2 or 4+. I'm going with the 4+ on this. 5 years seems to be the number teams and players like.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 9:35 a.m.
Sabres

I stopped reading after "Point's a better player than Stamkos"

He's not
Sep. 10, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pullero
I stopped reading after "Point's a better player than Stamkos"

He's not

You can field your team with Mr made of glass. I'd take Point over him any day.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Take a step back .. and ask yourself was has Stamkos actually accomplished as a leader of Tampa? .. when healthy course .. how many Cups? .. oh wait a historic NHL sweep .. take away his 40 PP points and he ain't top 50 NHL player
AND he a classic playoff underachiever .. Point is WAY more valuable NOW
Sep. 10, 2019 at 11:10 a.m.
Sabres
Take a step back .. and ask yourself was has Stamkos actually accomplished as a leader of Tampa? .. when healthy course .. how many Cups? .. oh wait a historic NHL sweep .. take away his 40 PP points and he ain't top 50 NHL player

With that logic Point is more valuable than Hedman. Am I right?

Hedman has achieved just as much as Stamkos as a leader.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Hedmen younger than Stamkos and not the "Captain" .. also funny the impact of Hedmen injury against Columbus .. whereas without Stamkos team made conference finals.. but still choked when he came back ..

Stamkos a solid player but this "overglamourizing " someone who hasn't won crap .. like Crosby Malkin Ovi Kane Toews etc.. is nauseating
Sep. 10, 2019 at 1:34 p.m.
Sabres
Hedmen younger than Stamkos and not the "Captain" .. also funny the impact of Hedmen injury against Columbus .. whereas without Stamkos team made conference finals.. but still choked when he came back ..

Stamkos a solid player but this "overglamourizing " someone who hasn't won crap .. like Crosby Malkin Ovi Kane Toews etc.. is nauseating

Stamkos still better than Point tho
Sep. 10, 2019 at 3:35 p.m.

eh, I don't think Stamkos is much of a leader, I don't think many TB fans think that either. I think Point is the better player because he's faster and more responsible.
This team has room both Gourde and Johnson are both replaceable. Hell their lack of size cost them last year. Getting rid of the small wingers for players who can actually lay a hit and fight for a puck would probably improve the team.

Anyway, history is against the bridge deal here. TB isn't going to put him right to FA. You are looking at 2 or 4+. I'm going with the 4+ on this. 5 years seems to be the number teams and players like.

Whether or not he’s a good or qualified leader is a matter of debate, but as long as there’s a “C” on his jersey, he’s a “leader” as far a contract negotiations are concerned.

Obviously if you value speed and defensive responsibility in a player, Point is better than Stamkos. But team management will always try to undervalue you (their goal is to get you as cheap as possible), and if you don’t have obvious and undeniable attributes like scoring a lot consistently without necessarily needing elite line mates (Point got over 40 goals and 90 points this season, but that has a lot to do with Kucherov), and collecting awards. Point’s only award is an all-star selection that Stamkos got too. He scored less than Stamkos despite better line mates. He’s a great player with many valuable attributes, but Stamkos is more valuable from a contract negotiation perspective because the main determinants of value are goal scoring, and titles.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
As usual long and boring so I read last sentence... but Stamkos is more valuable etc. Etc. Cause main determinants of value are goal scoring and titles.

Wow .. where to start .. CENTERS have been are and will always be more valuable than goal scorers.. average elite center AAV is about 20% more than goal scorers .. Crosby Mc david Matthews etc. Etc. .. Panarin made huge leap this year but when look at MARKET there always has .. and always will .. value play makers such as centers and puck moving high assist D.

THE MAJORITY of Stamkos goals were on PP .. majority .. so much for goal scoring .. and titles? OVER A DECADE AND NADA.

Just accept this and stop fighting the cold hard truth.. dont worry you can still keep your Stamkos poster over your bed
Sep. 10, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
Sabres
As usual long and boring so I read last sentence... but Stamkos is more valuable etc. Etc. Cause main determinants of value are goal scoring and titles.

Wow .. where to start .. CENTERS have been are and will always be more valuable than goal scorers.. average elite center AAV is about 20% more than goal scorers .. Crosby Mc david Matthews etc. Etc. .. Panarin made huge leap this year but when look at MARKET there always has .. and always will .. value play makers such as centers and puck moving high assist D.

THE MAJORITY of Stamkos goals were on PP .. majority .. so much for goal scoring .. and titles? OVER A DECADE AND NADA.

Just accept this and stop fighting the cold hard truth.. dont worry you can still keep your Stamkos poster over your bed

But Point is a center too.

Didn't majority of his goals/points come on the PP aswell? I believe so.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
No they didn't.. I would have traded Stamkos and fired Cooper in April .. christ we were like Toronto!!!! .... but since he here .. he a wing .. plays wing on PP .. and probably wing this year if Cirelli goes to 2C and one of shrimps goes to 3C
Sep. 10, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Banned
Whether or not he’s a good or qualified leader is a matter of debate, but as long as there’s a “C” on his jersey, he’s a “leader” as far a contract negotiations are concerned.

Obviously if you value speed and defensive responsibility in a player, Point is better than Stamkos. But team management will always try to undervalue you (their goal is to get you as cheap as possible), and if you don’t have obvious and undeniable attributes like scoring a lot consistently without necessarily needing elite line mates (Point got over 40 goals and 90 points this season, but that has a lot to do with Kucherov), and collecting awards. Point’s only award is an all-star selection that Stamkos got too. He scored less than Stamkos despite better line mates. He’s a great player with many valuable attributes, but Stamkos is more valuable from a contract negotiation perspective because the main determinants of value are goal scoring, and titles.

Just taking the cap raise percentage of cap puts Point at 9.5. That would be considered an equal pay as Stamkos.
You can split hairs over the extra 500k. I'm not going to. I think he's worth 10. He's yet to hit his peak. You can keep saying it's all because of Kuch but that's just bs.
I'm a penguins fan. I know what carrying a player looks like. I've seen Crosby carry people on his back for years. No one is carrying Point. Do him and Kuch make each other better. Sure. But that's a 2 way street. Much like Crosby and Jake make each other better. Don't take anything away from Point. Point is going to succeed no matter who his line mates are. Kuch doesn't put the puck in the net for him. Try reversing the question. Is Stamkos production with Kuch been any better?
At the end of the day if I had to line the two up against each other, I think Point wins that match up. It is what it is.
Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.
At the end of the day if I had to line the two up against each other, I think Point wins that match up. It is what it is.

I watched all games last year with both of them... They are kinda similar, but last year Point won(based on your eyetest smile ) , becase he played with Kuch most of the time.
Stamkos last year was a beast.
I wonder why we reached historic 62 wins... and why your almighty Pittsburgh Penguins didn't...

Stamkos contribution was really important for us on and off the ice, also mentoring the young players, like Point,Cirelli...
Stamkos not = Mr. Phil Kessel. He helps people get better. Showing them good example and leadership...
Or Stamkos = not regressing(+ hopefully resurrecting in 2019/2020 season = it's always fun to see top tier penguins on the ice, imo last year your team was not good) Malkin...
So Stammer has a couple of good years left fortunately, and hopefully one day he will prove it in the playoff for every doubter... yes... he is not on Crosby's level... but noone expected him to be at that level, which only McDavid + Sid reaches currently in last 20 years. Hopefully Kucherov can join them if he can repeat a couple of times 110 points+ seasons...

Seems like Boltlover1 over the last months infected you with his hatred towards him. Just because he says it 5 times a day: Stamkos is trash... it won't be more true each time he says it... I thought he finally found piece with Stamkos, but not, he is starting again... Boring...shakes head Help

Anyways, if the roles are reversed, Stamkos would be a better player from the outside. That's what u asked, it's quite obvious...

It's a tie currently between the two centers. That's why your dream of 9.5 mill $ will be "hairs splitting".
But plot twist:
it will be your hairs and not ours... When you see his caphit.... you will take like 1 sec to press the yes vote on the signings... i help you... it's under 9... he just doesn't have any weapons, which forces us to pay him 9.5 mill $, unless its like max years... but for max it's still good deal for US.
Skinner < Point, and in 2023 it will look like the steal of the decade...
It is what it is. Good value for our team... Makes us contenders for long time hopefully... BriseBois is da best and you will see soon...

BTW i heard teams are figured out Point's power play goals towards the end of season, so you can expect less goals from Point next year in powerplay = less money he can demand... This also makes sense why in playoffs our pp didn't worked that well. I guess he needs to improve and trick the opponents. Or rip those goals... You see not everybody in tampa is perfect and will have effortless 100 points season, just because his name is Brayden Point... Yes he is younger, so i see why you chose him... but still... both of those players are brings huge value for our team and you can't really differentiate between the two.
Like i can with Crosby > Malkin. 100 people u ask , 100 people will say, who is better : Crosby nod

If next year Point >>>> Stamkos i will let you know after season ends... Deal?
That can happen, because even for Stamkos its hard to repeat this good of a season. The most likely repeater imo is Kucherov, i can easily see him 115 points.
But if our coach let him rest more, then like 100-105 points still... He and some others chased every point( like empty nets etc... to get every trophy,achievement,title possible).
Well Kuch got the mvp, not bad, next year we'll definitely not make the "chasing records for no reason" mistake...

No they didn't.. I would have traded Stamkos and fired Cooper in April .. christ we were like Toronto!!!! .... but since he here .. he a wing .. plays wing on PP .. and probably wing this year if Cirelli goes to 2C and one of shrimps goes to 3C

No,no,no.

You cannot trade Stamkos, he has NMC, he is the franchise center, almost 99% he stays for the whole contract, unless buyout happens and you can't do anything about it...

Why you just can't accept it, that every year, the best team wins the Stanley-Cup... We were not the best team last year in the playoffs.
Firing a coach means next year we still won't be the best team. That's why there are changes in the lineup, and hopefully we won't run into a hot team like columbus, who risked all their draft picks last year just to win 1 playoffs in their history... It worked, wow, we underestimated them, next year we won't underestimate any team , even when Florida makes the playoffs...

Best team 2018/2019: St. Louis Blues, in regular season they played like columbus in playoffs, we couldn't win vs them = at least 2 teams better, than us last season, not even 1...
You can blame it on Cooper, but i think we just overestimated regular season results. Washington made same mistake, they learned from it, wow, they won the cup couple years later... needs luck as well... playoffs are hard...

There are no shrimps here, except in your head.

We were not like Toronto Maple Leafs

We were the huge favourites vs Columbus Blue Jackets Show me one guy on earth, who guessed Columbus to win. And he is not from that city ofc. Yes i believe they exits, who bet on Columbus, but that number must be really small,closer to 1% than to 50%...

Everybody who has the right mind guessed Boston Bruins in the playoffs series.
Why?
Because Toronto was bad almost all year(except first 1-2 months), and it was because they had injuries + the Nylander fiasco + Babcock using their players badly.
Now they made a lots of changes in the lineup, so i expect Toronto to be really good again in the 2019/2020 and it will be tough again to beat them. Same with Florida Panthers, all games will be much harder... maybe that's a good thing for us... no more coasting... except vs. Ottawa Senators
Sep. 12, 2019 at 12:52 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: F3ruS
I watched all games last year with both of them... They are kinda similar, but last year Point won(based on your eyetest smile ) , becase he played with Kuch most of the time.
Stamkos last year was a beast.
I wonder why we reached historic 62 wins... and why your almighty Pittsburgh Penguins didn't...

Stamkos contribution was really important for us on and off the ice, also mentoring the young players, like Point,Cirelli...
Stamkos not = Mr. Phil Kessel. He helps people get better. Showing them good example and leadership...
Or Stamkos = not regressing(+ hopefully resurrecting in 2019/2020 season = it's always fun to see top tier penguins on the ice, imo last year your team was not good) Malkin...
So Stammer has a couple of good years left fortunately, and hopefully one day he will prove it in the playoff for every doubter... yes... he is not on Crosby's level... but noone expected him to be at that level, which only McDavid + Sid reaches currently in last 20 years. Hopefully Kucherov can join them if he can repeat a couple of times 110 points+ seasons...

Seems like Boltlover1 over the last months infected you with his hatred towards him. Just because he says it 5 times a day: Stamkos is trash... it won't be more true each time he says it... I thought he finally found piece with Stamkos, but not, he is starting again... Boring...shakes head Help

Anyways, if the roles are reversed, Stamkos would be a better player from the outside. That's what u asked, it's quite obvious...

It's a tie currently between the two centers. That's why your dream of 9.5 mill $ will be "hairs splitting".
But plot twist:
it will be your hairs and not ours... When you see his caphit.... you will take like 1 sec to press the yes vote on the signings... i help you... it's under 9... he just doesn't have any weapons, which forces us to pay him 9.5 mill $, unless its like max years... but for max it's still good deal for US.
Skinner < Point, and in 2023 it will look like the steal of the decade...
It is what it is. Good value for our team... Makes us contenders for long time hopefully... BriseBois is da best and you will see soon...

BTW i heard teams are figured out Point's power play goals towards the end of season, so you can expect less goals from Point next year in powerplay = less money he can demand... This also makes sense why in playoffs our pp didn't worked that well. I guess he needs to improve and trick the opponents. Or rip those goals... You see not everybody in tampa is perfect and will have effortless 100 points season, just because his name is Brayden Point... Yes he is younger, so i see why you chose him... but still... both of those players are brings huge value for our team and you can't really differentiate between the two.
Like i can with Crosby > Malkin. 100 people u ask , 100 people will say, who is better : Crosby nod

If next year Point >>>> Stamkos i will let you know after season ends... Deal?
That can happen, because even for Stamkos its hard to repeat this good of a season. The most likely repeater imo is Kucherov, i can easily see him 115 points.
But if our coach let him rest more, then like 100-105 points still... He and some others chased every point( like empty nets etc... to get every trophy,achievement,title possible).
Well Kuch got the mvp, not bad, next year we'll definitely not make the "chasing records for no reason" mistake...

No,no,no.

You cannot trade Stamkos, he has NMC, he is the franchise center, almost 99% he stays for the whole contract, unless buyout happens and you can't do anything about it...

Why you just can't accept it, that every year, the best team wins the Stanley-Cup... We were not the best team last year in the playoffs.
Firing a coach means next year we still won't be the best team. That's why there are changes in the lineup, and hopefully we won't run into a hot team like columbus, who risked all their draft picks last year just to win 1 playoffs in their history... It worked, wow, we underestimated them, next year we won't underestimate any team , even when Florida makes the playoffs...

Best team 2018/2019: St. Louis Blues, in regular season they played like columbus in playoffs, we couldn't win vs them = at least 2 teams better, than us last season, not even 1...
You can blame it on Cooper, but i think we just overestimated regular season results. Washington made same mistake, they learned from it, wow, they won the cup couple years later... needs luck as well... playoffs are hard...

There are no shrimps here, except in your head.

We were not like Toronto Maple Leafs

We were the huge favourites vs Columbus Blue Jackets Show me one guy on earth, who guessed Columbus to win. And he is not from that city ofc. Yes i believe they exits, who bet on Columbus, but that number must be really small,closer to 1% than to 50%...

Everybody who has the right mind guessed Boston Bruins in the playoffs series.
Why?
Because Toronto was bad almost all year(except first 1-2 months), and it was because they had injuries + the Nylander fiasco + Babcock using their players badly.
Now they made a lots of changes in the lineup, so i expect Toronto to be really good again in the 2019/2020 and it will be tough again to beat them. Same with Florida Panthers, all games will be much harder... maybe that's a good thing for us... no more coasting... except vs. Ottawa Senators

I stopped reading this after the first bit.
At least we can beat CBJ in the playoffs. Last I looked you lost in the first round, no matter how many games you won.
Sep. 14, 2019 at 7:01 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
I stopped reading this after the first bit.
At least we can beat CBJ in the playoffs. Last I looked you lost in the first round, no matter how many games you won.

TLDR:
Please for god's sake, just make the wild card spot and don't be out of the playoffs next year, which is my projection for Pittsburgh Penguins.
Just catch that last playoff spot. Please... Healthy Malkin without Kessel... help them... please...cry

Columbus - Pittsburgh last year : 4-1 tops, they were better than Islanders... by a lot... We could easily beat Islanders... jeez, not even in the same tier...nod
How many experts picked Islanders to win the cup? Zero.laugh
So much better result, than ours... Barry Trotz now owns the Penguins... he figured it out... It used to be the opposite...
Congrats on the past 3 cups... but your turn is over... i guess you already know your chances for future cups... so no point mentioning this... but in case you don't... it's slim... now watch next year what we do...

... and split your hairs on the Point contract...
Sep. 14, 2019 at 8:02 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: F3ruS
TLDR:
Please for god's sake, just make the wild card spot and don't be out of the playoffs next year, which is my projection for Pittsburgh Penguins.
Just catch that last playoff spot. Please... Healthy Malkin without Kessel... help them... please...cry

Columbus - Pittsburgh last year : 4-1 tops, they were better than Islanders... by a lot... We could easily beat Islanders... jeez, not even in the same tier...nod
How many experts picked Islanders to win the cup? Zero.laugh
So much better result, than ours... Barry Trotz now owns the Penguins... he figured it out... It used to be the opposite...
Congrats on the past 3 cups... but your turn is over... i guess you already know your chances for future cups... so no point mentioning this... but in case you don't... it's slim... now watch next year what we do...

... and split your hairs on the Point contract...

look at you ranting. Remember how we passed you up to holding one of those cups tears of joy
We beat you just like we beat CBJ tears of joy

But hey, I'm gonna hand shake you like Panarin and straight laugh at you and your ridiculousness. #Classic
For all your talk and yapping, you were knocked off in the 1st round last year. So I don't know how you trying to smack talk to anyone else.

This is why you never win. In your mind you already think you have. You should worry more about getting out of the Atlantic than what other divisions are doing. Because so far, you haven't been able to do it!
Sep. 14, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Sep. 14, 2019 at 9:09 a.m.
look at you ranting. Remember how we passed you up to holding one of those cups tears of joy
We beat you just like we beat CBJ tears of joy

Hahaha indeed you did, that team of yours was legendary back then... ofc you beat us... our defense was horrible... and we had leaks on the offense... you guys had so much firepower...
but............. slowly & steadily our rooster trending in that direction... what your team once was = legendary

...but the pages are turned isn't it... hahaha cool Winking with Tongue Out

and yeah metro > atlantic , you are right, but Florida Panthers this year will be a painful matchup for anybody, they improved so much, jeez... Quenneville + Bob = recipe for success

I repeat, don't you dare to miss the playoffs!!! I don't want you to get Lafraniere, hahaaaa, that would be epic... Lafraniere + Malkin + Crosby = Easy cup for you again... hahaha...
I'm dreaming right now about our Vancouver Canucks 1st round pick = they miss playoffs this year --> tank next year = lottery pick in 2021-> 1st overall pick EZ, thx Benning Heart Eyes Heart Eyes Heart Eyes

Alright serious talk right now:

What's your prediction btw for next year? Who wins the cup , what do you think? I want to hear your expert opinion! Season is starting soon... so maybe you already thought about it!...

I think: Vegas Golden Knights right now... and not us... unfortunately...i feel like we outta gas at end of playoffs with like injuries... like vs Washington 1.5 years ago... Game 6 + 7... that was bad... like 0 goals LOL... fun times...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll