RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.
    The water in Toronto must be really bad
    AndrewLadd liked this.
    Thats a no from me
    Bo Horvat enjoyer
    Avs fans r gonna be the one roasting
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
    Biased Opinion
    I really like both players but fans gotta pump the breaks on Cale Makar. He could be amazing but he's only played 10 games so far. There is a very real possibility that he's not a bonafide top pairing, Norris winning D year after year.
    mhockey91, Pharow and Random2152 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
    Quoting: moli92
    Thats a no from me

Marners proven to be an elite offensive force. Aside from a small sample size makar hasn’t proven much
    Pharow and Random2152 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
    This deal doesn't make sense for way too many reasons.

1) COL is still trying to resign Rantanen. They cannot afford both.
    2) Makar had a great playoff and that's it. Chances are he'll be a top paring RHD for years to come, but other than potential and a good playoff showing not a whole lot of evidence yet. There is a much higher chance, Marner is going to continue to be a top 10 RW in this league, IMO.
    3) His salary demands are pricing him out of any market in this league. Doesn't seem like his management group is realistic.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
    Quoting: mhockey91
    Marners proven to be an elite offensive force. Aside from a small sample size makar hasn’t proven much

I would much rather have a reliable defenseman in a risky defense in Toronto, rather than an extra Offensive Powerhouse that wants 11 Million for 3 years.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.

Haha yeah well we already know that marner is only a 60-70 pt guy when playing with kadri, and that he turned down 11 million for 7 years, and doesnt play defense...

I'm going to take the chance on the guy everyone in the league thinks is going to be amazing for under 900k who plays the position we are the weakest in
    Isles777 and CD282 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
    Still a Leafs Fan
    Idea makes sense. Maybe an add from Colorado's end
    mhockey91, Pharow and Random2152 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:25 p.m.
    Quoting: JeffW
    Haha yeah well we already know that marner is only a 60-70 pt guy when playing with kadri, and that he turned down 11 million for 7 years, and doesnt play defense...

I'm going to take the chance on the guy everyone in the league thinks is going to be amazing for under 900k who plays the position we are the weakest in

Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
    Idea makes sense. Maybe an add from Colorado's end

I agree rodzikhockey
    Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.

doesnt matter, his contract rumours scare me and COL doesnt need another RW. Id rather have Makar, especially with him on an ELC for 2 more years
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
    Still a Leafs Fan
    I agree rodzikhockey

call me crazy but what about an RFA for an RFA
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 12:51 p.m.
    Banned
    Its fun how colorado fans think he is the second coming of bobby orr. In is first season expected makar to have none bigger impact then heiskanen had last year. I would do this trade only because marner contracts situation is bas because right now one on one marner is superior in any point. Makar as tremendous speed but have to work a lot on is game.
    mhockey91 and Random2152 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.

Kind of Like a Chara for Yashin deal.
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
    Quoting: Sebybbq
    Its fun how colorado fans think he is the second coming of bobby orr. In is first season expected makar to have none bigger impact then heiskanen had last year. I would do this trade only because marner contracts situation is bas because right now one on one marner is superior in any point. Makar as tremendous speed but have to work a lot on is game.

It's funny how leaf fans think that marner is McDavid... why would Colorado significantly damage themselves defensively for another winger that's not as good as rantanen? So that they become the new leafs who are super top heavy?

Yeah maybe today makar isnt as good as marner, but someday makar could be a #1 RHD those are much harder to find than wingers and at 900k for 2 more seasons plus control is alot better than 12 mill at 5 years
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 2:25 p.m.
    Banned
    It's funny how leaf fans think that marner is McDavid... why would Colorado significantly damage themselves defensively for another winger that's not as good as rantanen? So that they become the new leafs who are super top heavy?

Yeah maybe today makar isnt as good as marner, but someday makar could be a #1 RHD those are much harder to find than wingers and at 900k for 2 more seasons plus control is alot better than 12 mill at 5 years

You just said it yourself! Makar MIGHT BE.
    I mean personally i wouldn’t do that trade because i don’t see why colorado would want to add another top forward. But still marner hold
    More value right now. Makar could turn into a yakupov or alexandre daigle or patrick stefan. I teally doubt it but it’s not impossible.
    For the rantanen and marner comparable i mean they are actually pretty close. No one as the edge over the other. Rantanen would be a 70 point players without MacKinnon as well so saying that marner relies on tavares is exactly the same. In 240 games marner as 15 more point then rantanen but rantanen as 11 more goal. So for me its pretty even
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:06 p.m.
    You just said it yourself! Makar MIGHT BE.
    I mean personally i wouldn’t do that trade because i don’t see why colorado would want to add another top forward. But still marner hold
    More value right now. Makar could turn into a yakupov or alexandre daigle or patrick stefan. I teally doubt it but it’s not impossible.
    For the rantanen and marner comparable i mean they are actually pretty close. No one as the edge over the other. Rantanen would be a 70 point players without MacKinnon as well so saying that marner relies on tavares is exactly the same. In 240 games marner as 15 more point then rantanen but rantanen as 11 more goal. So for me its pretty even

Hahaha yeah it's possible that he could become a yakupov but it's also possible he could become a Erik Karlsson or OEL and they are harder to find than a marner, I think sakic and every avs fan would take the chance on him especially considering marners outrageous contract demands. Also I watch marner and rantanen play consistently, rantanen has broken 80 points twice something marner hasn't, hes alsongreat defensively and big, you're right in saying that they are somewhat similar but i think rantanen edges out marner.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
    Banned
    Hahaha yeah it's possible that he could become a yakupov but it's also possible he could become a Erik Karlsson or OEL and they are harder to find than a marner, I think sakic and every avs fan would take the chance on him especially considering marners outrageous contract demands. Also I watch marner and rantanen play consistently, rantanen has broken 80 points twice something marner hasn't, hes alsongreat defensively and big, you're right in saying that they are somewhat similar but i think rantanen edges out marner.

You think that because your a avs fan and tour are bias. I watched both play a lot and i am neither a leaf fan and a avs fan. Marner had broke the 90 point and rantanen hasn’t do bring me this argument because if marner had played with tavares last season he would
    Have past the 80 mark too. Its more what tey do on ice. Both pas the puck well, rantanen have a better shot but marner control the puck better. Marner as a best acceleration, rantanen is bigger so like i said thing even out. Both are excellent players same age. You can like rantanen more but the facts is that there not one better then the other a this point. The on’y things that separate one from the other is your appreciation of the players.
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:17 p.m.
    Banned

And for makar i really like the players started to really follow him much more after team
    Canada runs. He is more likely to succeed and i really hope he will. But bednar must be careful with is use this season. A 82 games season is far more demanding then a 40 games ncaa season.
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.
    And for makar i really like the players started to really follow him much more after team
    Canada runs. He is more likely to succeed and i really hope he will. But bednar must be careful with is use this season. A 82 games season is far more demanding then a 40 games ncaa season.

I can only understand a bit of what you're saying, I'm not arguing that makar will be better than marner this season, I'm saying I think he is more valuable. And i think hes more valuable to the avs than marner would be.

And sure maybe i am bias about rantanen but the NHL network who rank NHL players agree with me
    Pharow liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
    Banned
    I can only understand a bit of what you're saying, I'm not arguing that makar will be better than marner this season, I'm saying I think he is more valuable. And i think hes more valuable to the avs than marner would be.

And sure maybe i am bias about rantanen but the NHL network who rank NHL players agree with me

And the one on sportsnet rank marner ahead so like i said here the difference is more a appreciation and preferences than skill
    And stats things. One expert like more marner and the other is rantanen.

For makar if he developed into what avs think he will, he will be more valuable for them but if he turn out like erik johnson who was a first overall pick avs might regret declining that trade for marner. Thats the hard part of
    This trade because it’s more a projection then the actual value.

But this trade will never happen. This is pure speculation colorado don’t want to trade their young defenseman unless they brings another young blueliner. I mean if columbus would propose seth jones i think colorado would listen more then for marner or Matthews or whatever forward.
    mhockey91 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 3:56 p.m.
    And the one on sportsnet rank marner ahead so like i said here the difference is more a appreciation and preferences than skill
    And stats things. One expert like more marner and the other is rantanen.

For makar if he developed into what avs think he will, he will be more valuable for them but if he turn out like erik johnson who was a first overall pick avs might regret declining that trade for marner. Thats the hard part of
    This trade because it’s more a projection then the actual value.

But this trade will never happen. This is pure speculation colorado don’t want to trade their young defenseman unless they brings another young blueliner. I mean if columbus would propose seth jones i think colorado would listen more then for marner or Matthews or whatever forward.

Haha yes there is always the possibility that he doesnt turn out but until then I think they are going to take the chance on it...

Oh and sportsnet ranked a maple leaf high??? Couldnt have anything to do with they fact that they are a Toronto based company with the same owners as maple leaf sports and entertainment
    Sep. 11, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
    Banned
    Haha yes there is always the possibility that he doesnt turn out but until then I think they are going to take the chance on it...

Oh and sportsnet ranked a maple leaf high??? Couldnt have anything to do with they fact that they are a Toronto based company with the same owners as maple leaf sports and entertainment

No because tavares is lower on sportsnet then on nhl network! And we talk here of a few spot difference. Its the same thing as the prospect ranking made at the ends of the years the central as one and there the team
    List and the insiders list. The top list is almost always the same but after that its more a preferencial things. If you are high on a guys its normal then he is higher on that list.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll