Forums/Armchair-GM

With McAvoy Signed

Created by: Silkysmooth42
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 16, 2019
Published: Sep. 16, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The bruins or related sources have said multiple times that Backes will likely not be playing for the bruins this year. Whether they bury him in the minors or put him on LTIR or trade him idk, but yeah no need to try to argue with me about that :)
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$5,000,000
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,165,834$0$2,337,500$4,334,166
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$117,500$118K)
RW, C
RFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.
OK lets argue why you signed jfk to a 2 year 1m aav contract when hes playing in sweden for personal reasons this year?
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.
Bcarlo25
1. JFK has signed a deal with a team in Sweden.
2. You completely made up the backes stuff. It’s been the exact opposite unfortunately
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: hanson493
OK lets argue why you signed jfk to a 2 year 1m aav contract when hes playing in sweden for personal reasons this year?

Quoting: Bcarlo25
2. You completely made up the backes stuff. It’s been the exact opposite unfortunately

My Bad with the JFK thing lol, didn't even know that... Good for him though, he needs a little more development...

But Bcarlo25 I did not make it up at all actually! Crazy that you again think you know more than everyone! Thats all, no need for more explaining lol
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
My Bad with the JFK thing lol, didn't even know that... Good for him though, he needs a little more development...

But Bcarlo25 I did not make it up at all actually! Crazy that you again think you know more than everyone! Thats all, no need for more explaining lol

brandon carlo is correct, backes and bruins have both been stating he is ready to give it everything he has until they tell him he cant play anymore. media was stirring up some ltir rumors but none of them were confirmed or had real footing behind them. Wishful thinking on our end i guess.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: hanson493
brandon carlo is correct, backes and bruins have both been stating he is ready to give it everything he has until they tell him he cant play anymore. media was stirring up some ltir rumors but none of them were confirmed or had real footing behind them. Wishful thinking on our end i guess.

Thank you for BEING RESPECTFUL! Idk lol I heard it was more serious than we thought because they do need space to bring Carlo back, with Backes I believe they only have like 3.5 Million in space so they could bridge him, but if they wanna lock him up it has to be done. I have toyed around with trades too so we could look into that

@Bcarlo25 this is how you should discuss with people... Be kind, I made nothing up, and you look rude and wrong now
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Thank you for BEING RESPECTFUL! Idk lol I heard it was more serious than we thought because they do need space to bring Carlo back, with Backes I believe they only have like 3.5 Million in space so they could bridge him, but if they wanna lock him up it has to be done. I have toyed around with trades too so we could look into that

@Bcarlo25 this is how you should discuss with people... Be kind, I made nothing up, and you look rude and wrong now

Sweeney came out and said they have enough space right now to sign Carlo. Backes has also been getting looks with Krejci/DeBrusk in the early part of camp. Can't imagine he'll stay there, but crazier things have happened.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:51 a.m.

how is bcarlo being rude, he’s just stating the obvious here
shmoeman liked this.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.

The Bruins don't need money to sign Carlo. They can LTIR Moore and Miller and that would get them another 5m+.
Backes will be on the team this year. He won't get a ton of playing time. They might send him down to expand the teams he is willing to go to, but still highly unlikely.

He will be on this team until the offseason, he will be dealt or bought out then. The way Wagner and Kuraly play, having a vet that can step in throughout the season and still give them the consistency is very much needed and important in their division. They would have to give up too much to move him now, with no real reason/benefit for doing so.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:56 a.m.
Bcarlo25

Sweeney and Neely have both said about a dozen times he’s part of the team and that he’s healthy. Maybe they’re bluffing. Maybe they have a plan, but saying that the bruins have said he won’t be playing for them is fundamentally false. I don’t think I know more than everyone, but in this instance, I know that I know more than you. Sorry
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Bcarlo25

How was I rude? You stated something as fact that was 100% incorrect, so I told you it was incorrect.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.

nah you just kinda made that stuff up, he was stating a fact with no opinion so its not really a matter of being respectful, its a matter of right and wrong
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned
How was I rude? You stated something as fact that was 100% incorrect, so I told you it was incorrect.

Quoting: shmoeman
nah you just kinda made that stuff up, he was stating a fact with no opinion so its not really a matter of being respectful, its a matter of right and wrong

As one of the other guys said on this section, there were IN FACT multiple rumors that Backes wasn't going to play this season, that is a fact. I just wish Bcarlo25 would have said it more respectful instead of "oh your a jerk making up lies"... No other issue lol, just learn from the situation. ***Again u guys are probably RIGHT that Backes will play, but there is no denying that the information was put out there, and thus I used it. Just try to respect other's opinions, as they are valid, true, and may also be correct, yours arent the only ones that matter.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Bcarlo25
As one of the other guys said on this section, there were IN FACT multiple rumors that Backes wasn't going to play this season, that is a fact. I just wish Bcarlo25 would have said it more respectful instead of "oh your a jerk making up lies"... No other issue lol, just learn from the situation. ***Again u guys are probably RIGHT that Backes will play, but there is no denying that the information was put out there, and thus I used it. Just try to respect other's opinions, as they are valid, true, and may also be correct, yours arent the only ones that matter.

You said it came from the bruins, and multiple sources. That’s just made up. The bruins have never said anything other than he’s healthy, and a big part of the team.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Banned
You said it came from the bruins, and multiple sources. That’s just made up. The bruins have never said anything other than he’s healthy, and a big part of the team.

"OR" not and, and its "Related" source not multiple.... Again, a rumor is a rumor, so it may not be true. But it exists so it was NOT made up... Idk why Im still trying to explain this to you, clearly your head is as thick as a brick... Just accept that the rumor WAS out there, you are wrong to keep trying to tell me otherwise, and move on!
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:38 p.m.
Banned
@Propeller09 @ON3M4N @hanson493 @Shmoeman

@Bcarlo25 ... I tagged those guys here to mention something very important. I don't ever argue with anyone on here, I have had fun discussions with a bunch of guys on my posts and made edits and admittedly smiley faces cuz we r chill lol... I only ever argue with one guy and its you. On the other hand, I looked through your past few posts, and I see angry argument after angry argument. So the point is this, there is a common theme in arguments on here, and it is you. Stop trying to fight people, lets talk, lets agree to disagree about stuff, you are not always right, you are probably wrong sometimes too. I gotta be honest, Im done with you, what you say on my posts doesn't matter anymore, and I tagged the others to let them see what the issue is here, you. Enjoy this website, but please stay away from my posts, I don't need that toxicity here. Just trying to enjoy a friendly community.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
Bcarlo25
"OR" not and, and its "Related" source not multiple.... Again, a rumor is a rumor, so it may not be true. But it exists so it was NOT made up... Idk why Im still trying to explain this to you, clearly your head is as thick as a brick... Just accept that the rumor WAS out there, you are wrong to keep trying to tell me otherwise, and move on!

Ya, and I’m the rude one. If you want to try to say that your original post did not insinuate that this information came from the bruins, that’s fine. You’re BS’ing yourself, and all of us if you take that route. It’s very clear that’s what you meant. If you said that there were some random bloggers trying to get clicks that produced this information, I would have had no issue with this post. No one credible mentioned it. No one associated with the NHL (I think this originally came from some random WEEI blogger) mentioned it. I’m not the only one that thought this was just made up, so, either you made it up, or you really misrepresented what you were trying to say when you mentioned where the sources were coming from. I think everyone here interpreted that as that it came from the Bruins.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:44 p.m.
Banned
Ya, and I’m the rude one. If you want to try to say that your original post did not insinuate that this information came from the bruins, that’s fine. You’re BS’ing yourself, and all of us if you take that route. It’s very clear that’s what you meant. If you said that there were some random bloggers trying to get clicks that produced this information, I would have had no issue with this post. No one credible mentioned it. No one associated with the NHL (I think this originally came from some random WEEI blogger) mentioned it. I’m not the only one that thought this was just made up, so, either you made it up, or you really misrepresented what you were trying to say when you mentioned where the sources were coming from. I think everyone here interpreted that as that it came from the Bruins.

So, did I make it up? Who's really Being themselves? smile Clearly, based on what u just said, I didn't make it up. As I have said, and you just said, I saw it somewhere.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Bcarlo25
@Propeller09 @ON3M4N @hanson493 @Shmoeman

@Bcarlo25 ... I tagged those guys here to mention something very important. I don't ever argue with anyone on here, I have had fun discussions with a bunch of guys on my posts and made edits and admittedly smiley faces cuz we r chill lol... I only ever argue with one guy and its you. On the other hand, I looked through your past few posts, and I see angry argument after angry argument. So the point is this, there is a common theme in arguments on here, and it is you. Stop trying to fight people, lets talk, lets agree to disagree about stuff, you are not always right, you are probably wrong sometimes too. I gotta be honest, Im done with you, what you say on my posts doesn't matter anymore, and I tagged the others to let them see what the issue is here, you. Enjoy this website, but please stay away from my posts, I don't need that toxicity here. Just trying to enjoy a friendly community.

Honestly, tough crap. People post absurd stuff on here and I tell them that it’s absurd. I’m blunt. If they take offense to that and start a battle, that’s their problem, not mine. I’m not going to come at with kiddie gloves. If something is just fundamentally wrong, I’m not going to say, “oh, well, I think that even though I’m sure you’re very smart and had the best of intentions, I think maybe this is just a little bit off. But good job slugger!” If someone posts something that’s bad, I’ll let them know. If it’s awesome, I’ll let them know that too.

I’m not going to stay away from your posts. If you post something bad, like this, I’ll likely say it is what it is. If you post something good, you’ll probably hear that it’s awesome. I’m not going to decide what I post on based on your feelings. There is a block function on here though. Feel free to use it. I won’t be shedding any tears over that.
KennyBoi and shmoeman liked this.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So, did I make it up? Who's really Being themselves? smile Clearly, based on what u just said, I didn't make it up. As I have said, and you just said, I saw it somewhere.

You did see it somewhere. You were disingenuous about where you saw it. I don’t know if that was intentional or not. If you meant to say that you saw it from some random blogger that has zero credibility, you did not do a good job of expressing that in the description.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:52 p.m.
Banned
Honestly, tough crap. People post absurd stuff on here and I tell them that it’s absurd. I’m blunt. If they take offense to that and start a battle, that’s their problem, not mine. I’m not going to come at with kiddie gloves. If something is just fundamentally wrong, I’m not going to say, “oh, well, I think that even though I’m sure you’re very smart and had the best of intentions, I think maybe this is just a little bit off. But good job slugger!” If someone posts something that’s bad, I’ll let them know. If it’s awesome, I’ll let them know that too.

I’m not going to stay away from your posts. If you post something bad, like this, I’ll likely say it is what it is. If you post something good, you’ll probably hear that it’s awesome. I’m not going to decide what I post on based on your feelings. There is a block function on here though. Feel free to use it. I won’t be shedding any tears over that.

Your right bud, there is nothing wrong with being blunt. Im entirely with you on the fact that we can't be giving out participation awards and crap like that lol. I am against the "softening of America" or whatever u wanna call it, and I will tell u, I do respect that in you No need to tell people they are good when they arent. Im not saying you shouldn't be blunt or give your opinion. However, Im just saying that you will make less enemies on here by just trying to hold a good conversation rather than alienating other people on here by being a dick. There is a difference in being blunt and being a jerk. Come discuss with me, tell me that what I heard was BS!!! but don't tell me that Im making something up when we both know im not. Is that a fair statement dude?
Sep. 16, 2019 at 3:56 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Your right bud, there is nothing wrong with being blunt. Im entirely with you on the fact that we can't be giving out participation awards and crap like that lol. I am against the "softening of America" or whatever u wanna call it, and I will tell u, I do respect that in you No need to tell people they are good when they arent. Im not saying you shouldn't be blunt or give your opinion. However, Im just saying that you will make less enemies on here by just trying to hold a good conversation rather than alienating other people on here by being a dick. There is a difference in being blunt and being a jerk. Come discuss with me, tell me that what I heard was BS!!! but don't tell me that Im making something up when we both know im not. Is that a fair statement dude?

Fair enough. I think we can chalk this up as a misunderstanding. I think we can both agree that the wording of the description led to people interpreting it as information that came from the bruins.

Cheers
Sep. 16, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
Banned
Fair enough. I think we can chalk this up as a misunderstanding. I think we can both agree that the wording of the description led to people interpreting it as information that came from the bruins.

Cheers

I promise you im not a bad guy and I genuinely don't think you are either bud! I also think we have a lot of the same ideas about hockey stuff in general lol... I just hate having heating talks ya know. No need to baby me lol, but I find that the best way to get someone to understand you is to say things in a calm, friendly, and non-aggressive way. Thats all man. Also I will admit, I did try blocking you a while back and I could still somehow see your comments... on my posts lol. Just how it is I guess, hey can't wait for our next big fight bud! smile --- This is an attempt at friendly jousting, I hope it doesn't come across as fighting words!
Sep. 16, 2019 at 4:03 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I promise you im not a bad guy and I genuinely don't think you are either bud! I also think we have a lot of the same ideas about hockey stuff in general lol... I just hate having heating talks ya know. No need to baby me lol, but I find that the best way to get someone to understand you is to say things in a calm, friendly, and non-aggressive way. Thats all man. Also I will admit, I did try blocking you a while back and I could still somehow see your comments... on my posts lol. Just how it is I guess, hey can't wait for our next big fight bud! smile. --- This is an attempt at friendly jousting, I hope it doesn't come across as fighting words!

Haha sounds good. I’ll try to keep it a bit more cheerful. I can definitely tend to be a bit dry to but it mildly. Go Bs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll