$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
Habs4ever
Jets need help on left side. They get Reilly, a smooth skating D. Alzner, is an upgrade to Beaulieu whose career has derailed. Habs retain up to max allowed 50%. Peca is fast, Hudon is a solid 3rd liner, that is cheap. Plus they get 3 draft picks, that includes a 1st rounder.

Also, Laine finished 181st in the league 5on5 scoring. And was only 0.2 WAR. Yes he can score but his game needs overal improvement.

Your thoughts?
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
Either your joking and just didn't give enough evidence to convince everyone completely that it is a joke or your serious and just trying to troll people. Either way, this is why people exaggerate about Habs fans on here.....
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Either your joking and just didn't give enough evidence to convince everyone completely that it is a joke or your serious and just trying to troll people. Either way, this is why people exaggerate about Habs fans on here.....

i dunno man, his follow up comment on his own roster, Im starting to think he believes this is fair value.
F50marco liked this.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:26 p.m.
Bcarlo25
If that was what he would sign for, he’d be signed. If that’s what it would take to get him in trade, he would have been traded already.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.
Habs4ever

He says he wants to play oin 1st line MTL can accomodate that. 7 players for 1. Jets need help on LD. They get two guys. Reilly is very close. Alzner is an upgrade to Beaulieu, plus Habs retain half his salary. Hudon will give you 15 goals. Peca will be a good PK, depth. People seem to forget Laine's defense needs help. People get excited by a goal scorer but often forget he is a liability on the ice as well. Plus they get 3 draft picks of which two of them are in first two rounds. Good players can be found there.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:36 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: coga16
i dunno man, his follow up comment on his own roster, Im starting to think he believes this is fair value.

7 players for 1 is not something to sneeze at. 25 years ago, I coached at the Junior level and I had the top goal scorer in the entire league, but he was a liability defensively. I told our GM trade him for a good back up goalie, a fighter and a big rugged D-man. We did. His father yelled at me thinking I was nuts and saying I just traded away a future NHL player. His son played the next 3 years at Junior B. We went to the finals. So, ya it might jump out at people but break it down. The Jets lose a player that can put the puck in the net but also allows them in when he is on the ice. Same argument I made for years about Mike Camiliery (sic) people loved him and wanted him so bad and I was like trade him ASAP.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:37 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Bcarlo25
If that was what he would sign for, he’d be signed. If that’s what it would take to get him in trade, he would have been traded already.

Well the JETS are in a real pickle because the other RFA scored more goals than him and they are going to have a very hard time signing both those players. So, it is a thought worth looking into.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Go Jets Go
This is a joke correct?
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Habs4ever
Well the JETS are in a real pickle because the other RFA scored more goals than him and they are going to have a very hard time signing both those players. So, it is a thought worth looking into.

No it isn’t.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
7 players for 1 is not something to sneeze at. 25 years ago, I coached at the Junior level and I had the top goal scorer in the entire league, but he was a liability defensively. I told our GM trade him for a good back up goalie, a fighter and a big rugged D-man. We did. His father yelled at me thinking I was nuts and saying I just traded away a future NHL player. His son played the next 3 years at Junior B. We went to the finals. So, ya it might jump out at people but break it down. The Jets lose a player that can put the puck in the net but also allows them in when he is on the ice. Same argument I made for years about Mike Camiliery (sic) people loved him and wanted him so bad and I was like trade him ASAP.

4 AHLers and 3 draft picks are not 7 NHLers. Either you are the ultimate troll or you live in a fantasy world
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:50 p.m.
Habs4ever
4 AHLers and 3 draft picks are not 7 NHLers. Either you are the ultimate troll or you live in a fantasy world

Reilly, Peca, Hudon are not AHLers and Alzner only went there because his fat contract, but if Habs eat half of that, then it becomes a little easier to digest. Most males that have testosterone and balls think they know a ton about hockey. I am not implying this is a homerun for the Jets at all. I am saying, they are in a bad spot with 2 very good goal scorers that are both wanting big contracts. They will not get both signed. Also the other player had more goals than Laine and a better WAR. So, I am somewhat serious about this. But instead of people saying this is a joke or I am a troll, I do have 30 former players in the NHL or AHL. I come on here from time to time to have some fun and to make people think. So if this is bad, not one person has made a counter offer? they just laughed. Which is very typical of so many people I was in meetings with over a 34 year career in hockey.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:50 p.m.
He says he wants to play oin 1st line MTL can accomodate that. 7 players for 1. Jets need help on LD. They get two guys. Reilly is very close. Alzner is an upgrade to Beaulieu, plus Habs retain half his salary. Hudon will give you 15 goals. Peca will be a good PK, depth. People seem to forget Laine's defense needs help. People get excited by a goal scorer but often forget he is a liability on the ice as well. Plus they get 3 draft picks of which two of them are in first two rounds. Good players can be found there.

Yeah yeah yeah very funny. Im sure this whole ruse was well worth it to you.

Even though my gut says your trolling, I'll slightly meet you half way in case your just delusional. Trade negotiation is about convincing the other side to your perspective whether you truly believe your own crap or not. Take a hint from the comments on this post as to what more than likely a response from an actual GM would more be.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:52 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Rooney
This is a joke correct?

Nope, I actually wanted to engage some people and see if a counter offer would come into play or if anyone would look a little deeper into this. Instead, I am getting "you are a troll and a joke" Very typical of so many people I was in meetings with over a 34 year career in hockey.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Go Jets Go
Nope, I actually wanted to engage some people and see if a counter offer would come into play or if anyone would look a little deeper into this. Instead, I am getting "you are a troll and a joke" Very typical of so many people I was in meetings with over a 34 year career in hockey.

Dude, no disrespect whatsoever but this offer just isn't close. I would be proposing a completely different thing that probably doesn't involve a single player in this trade. IF Laine were to be traded I think it would be in a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 deal.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Habs4ever
Yeah yeah yeah very funny. Im sure this whole ruse was well worth it to you.

Even though my gut says your trolling, I'll slightly meet you half way in case your just delusional. Trade negotiation is about convincing the other side to your perspective whether you truly believe your own crap or not. Take a hint from the comments on this post as to what more than likely a response from an actual GM would more be.

The JETS are in a very bad spot. 2 RFA's wanting big contracts. The other guy not mentioned in this had more goals and a better WAR. Then add big Buff that is considering retirement and the Jets fan base not too happy if the losses pill up. Now the GM's seat is getting a little warmer. This might be a way out for him to capture 7 players and upgrade by committee. A thought to consider!
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Rooney
Dude, no disrespect whatsoever but this offer just isn't close. I would be proposing a completely different thing that probably doesn't involve a single player in this trade. IF Laine were to be traded I think it would be in a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 deal.

Valid point, but if you go 1 for 1. That means you are bringing in someone close to Laine, which mean a heavy contract, which will then play into the other RFA not signed. I know the Jet GM personally and I am also very good friends with Pascal Vincent the head coach of their AHL team. I am telling you the Jets are in a darn pickle because of the cap and 2 RFA's wanting big bucks. This will not be easy for them. Plus it does not have to be those 4 players. 3 of them are cheap and give you CAP room to go sign Connor.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 2:59 p.m.
Reilly, Peca, Hudon are not AHLers and Alzner only went there because his fat contract, but if Habs eat half of that, then it becomes a little easier to digest. Most males that have testosterone and balls think they know a ton about hockey. I am not implying this is a homerun for the Jets at all. I am saying, they are in a bad spot with 2 very good goal scorers that are both wanting big contracts. They will not get both signed. Also the other player had more goals than Laine and a better WAR. So, I am somewhat serious about this. But instead of people saying this is a joke or I am a troll, I do have 30 former players in the NHL or AHL. I come on here from time to time to have some fun and to make people think. So if this is bad, not one person has made a counter offer? they just laughed. Which is very typical of so many people I was in meetings with over a 34 year career in hockey.

Hudon was an AHLer last year, Alzner was, Peca was barely above a 4th line C replacement and Reilly is baerly above a 3rd pairing Dman replacement. So if you want to get technical, 2 AHLers and 2 barely holding on NHLers who would be healthy scratches on the majority of teams in the league
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
Habs4ever
Hudon was an AHLer last year, Alzner was, Peca was barely above a 4th line C replacement and Reilly is baerly above a 3rd pairing Dman replacement. So if you want to get technical, 2 AHLers and 2 barely holding on NHLers who would be healthy scratches on the majority of teams in the league

okay fair. So counter? afterall this is ARMCHAIR GM. This is where I started and so far not one person has made a counter offer. You are the closest. Negotiations go back and forth until the parties agree or walk away. All I am saying is the JETS are in a pickle with 2 good RFA's asking for big bucks.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
The JETS are in a very bad spot. 2 RFA's wanting big contracts. The other guy not mentioned in this had more goals and a better WAR. Then add big Buff that is considering retirement and the Jets fan base not too happy if the losses pill up. Now the GM's seat is getting a little warmer. This might be a way out for him to capture 7 players and upgrade by committee. A thought to consider!

Once again. If that is your pitch to me as a GM, I would laugh at your at your phone call and tell you Im not going to do business with you until you come to your senses. Your clearly not taking my time seriously.

Its NOT what you believe. Its what you can convince the other side of (especially if they agree to a certain extent). You haven't convinced me of anything logical. Your simply telling me what to believe and if it made half sense, i;d play along. This is so far from reality that it would slightly offend another GM.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:11 p.m.
Habs4ever
Once again. If that is your pitch to me as a GM, I would laugh at your at your phone call and tell you Im not going to do business with you until you come to your senses. Your clearly not taking my time seriously.

Its NOT what you believe. Its what you can convince the other side of (especially if they agree to a certain extent). You haven't convinced me of anything logical. Your simply telling me what to believe and if it made half sense, i;d play along. This is so far from reality that it would slightly offend another GM.

When negotiations begin they actually often begin this way and then you let the other GM sit on it or think about it, but you also tell him prior to getting off the phone, hey this is my starting point, call me with another offer and I will listen. It is rare, you call someone and give them your best offer right away. It is like buying a house, you offer low and wait for counter offer. They often laugh, like some are doing on here but as time passes and they need the house sold, they often call back with a counter offer.

This is my entry level opening offer, the JETS are in a very bad spot to be able to sign 2 goal scorers that are both RFA's and wanting big contracts. Plus Connor had more goals than Laine and a much better WAR.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.
okay fair. So counter? afterall this is ARMCHAIR GM. This is where I started and so far not one person has made a counter offer. You are the closest. Negotiations go back and forth until the parties agree or walk away. All I am saying is the JETS are in a pickle with 2 good RFA's asking for big bucks.

actual value that is of impact to the Jets who have a limited win now window. Such as a package built around Drouin, not a dime a dozen depth players that anytime can find and replace via waiver wire
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:24 p.m.
torontos finest
Most males that have testosterone and balls think they know a ton about hockey.

lmao

but yeah, i'm agreeing with everyone else. the jets aren't in as much trouble as you're assuming and they're not going to trade a potentially elite winger for expensive depth.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:25 p.m.
When negotiations begin they actually often begin this way and then you let the other GM sit on it or think about it, but you also tell him prior to getting off the phone, hey this is my starting point, call me with another offer and I will listen. It is rare, you call someone and give them your best offer right away. It is like buying a house, you offer low and wait for counter offer. They often laugh, like some are doing on here but as time passes and they need the house sold, they often call back with a counter offer.

This is my entry level opening offer, the JETS are in a very bad spot to be able to sign 2 goal scorers that are both RFA's and wanting big contracts. Plus Connor had more goals than Laine and a much better WAR.

You don't start negotiation with a lowball so bad it offends the other GM. That isn't a starting point, its an insult. You have to give them something to entice them to start to negotiate. If you offend me right out of the gate, than I simply stop doing business with you. Its that simple. This is not a flea market bartering system.

Either way, I'm more than willing to "pretend to negotiate" but I have a feeling if you think this is a valid starting point and your actually trying to defend it with some silly explanations of how any of those players mentioned above solve any issue for the Jets, than negotiating any further will be waste of everyone's time.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
torontos finest
You don't start negotiation with a lowball so bad it offends the other GM. That isn't a starting point, its an insult. You have to give them something to entice them to start to negotiate. If you offend me right out of the gate, than I simply stop doing business with you. Its that simple. This is not a flea market bartering system.

Either way, I'm more than willing to "pretend to negotiate" but I have a feeling if you think this is a valid starting point and your actually trying to defend it with some silly explanations of how any of those players mentioned above solve any issue for the Jets, than negotiating any further will be waste of everyone's time.

can you quickly go into nhl 19 and see if this trade actually measures up in value?
Sep. 18, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
can you quickly go into nhl 19 and see if this trade actually measures up in value?

I don't have NHL 19 to check but do we really even need to? Frankly the fact that you'd even think that is a valid way of gauging trade value scares me.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll