Forums/Armchair-GM

About to have the worst contracts in a couple years

Created by: TheCoontniac
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 19, 2019
Published: Sep. 19, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Have fun! I see some retained salary trades in the next few seasons ;)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
3$81,500,000$51,638,929$0$0$29,861,071
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$678,889$678,889
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 3
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$42,500$42K)
LW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 19, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
Habs for 25
I wouldn't include Voracek. Hes easily worth that contract imo.

Unless unforeseen injuries, that's a good contract.
Sep. 19, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
KFTW
Accumulate a lot of prospects and assets so you can use them as incentives to get rid of the bad contracts you signed
Sep. 19, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: BrandonMcD11
I wouldn't include Voracek. Hes easily worth that contract imo.

Unless unforeseen injuries, that's a good contract.

Meh I see a very quick decline coming for him. Hes already 30 and definitely not getting any better
BrandonMcD11 liked this.
Sep. 19, 2019 at 1:56 p.m.
Quoting: jslongo
Meh I see a very quick decline coming for him. Hes already 30 and definitely not getting any better

A very quick decline huh? As of right now Voracek would be your 2nd best forward behind Aho. Shechnikov down the road maybe but Voracek has done more in his career than any Carolina forward in the last 10 years outside of Eric Staal and it's not even close. He'd be 2nd in your whole history in points haha. I bet you also thought Giroux was done before putting up almost 200 points the last 2 years huh

PS. Also in the last 10 years he's 12th in assists in the entire league and 19th in points in the entire league.
Sep. 19, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: sk540
A very quick decline huh? As of right now Voracek would be your 2nd best forward behind Aho. Shechnikov down the road maybe but Voracek has done more in his career than any Carolina forward in the last 10 years outside of Eric Staal and it's not even close. He'd be 2nd in your whole history in points haha. I bet you also thought Giroux was done before putting up almost 200 points the last 2 years huh

PS. Also in the last 10 years he's 12th in assists in the entire league and 19th in points in the entire league.

Yes that is my prediction. Also not to sure why you are relating Voracek to the Canes as he plays for Philly.

Also I am aware of what he has done in the past, this post is about the future.

Im also very high on Giroux. One of my fav forwards in the league. Not to sure where you are getting this info from?
Sep. 23, 2019 at 11:25 a.m.
Yes that is my prediction. Also not to sure why you are relating Voracek to the Canes as he plays for Philly.

Also I am aware of what he has done in the past, this post is about the future.

Im also very high on Giroux. One of my fav forwards in the league. Not to sure where you are getting this info from?

You're a Carolina fan no? Which is why I'm comparing to Carolina players. You can say he is definitely not getting any better but better than what? His current production, his teammates, other players? I just comparing his production to players on your team and he currently smokes almost every one on your team.

What I'm getting at is that everyone thought G was declining, and that wasn't even close. Saying in absolutes that Jake is going to decline and he definitely not getting any better, and thats your opinion so you can't technically be wrong, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Jake hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, is still a monster on the puck, and now has a coach with a proven track record over a guy like Hakstol. In my opinion, I could see Jake being a point-per-game player this year and being up there for the league lead in assists once again. But hey, agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 12:08 p.m.
Canes Baby
You're a Carolina fan no? Which is why I'm comparing to Carolina players. You can say he is definitely not getting any better but better than what? His current production, his teammates, other players? I just comparing his production to players on your team and he currently smokes almost every one on your team.

What I'm getting at is that everyone thought G was declining, and that wasn't even close. Saying in absolutes that Jake is going to decline and he definitely not getting any better, and thats your opinion so you can't technically be wrong, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Jake hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, is still a monster on the puck, and now has a coach with a proven track record over a guy like Hakstol. In my opinion, I could see Jake being a point-per-game player this year and being up there for the league lead in assists once again. But hey, agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that.

Seems like you just took this to heart. My only point, through this entire ACGM , is that they will be bad contracts in a few years. Take it or leave it
Sep. 25, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.
Seems like you just took this to heart. My only point, through this entire ACGM , is that they will be bad contracts in a few years. Take it or leave it

And I was just trying to say that I don't think they will be bad contracts at all. Nothing wrong with disagreeing as i said.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
Canes Baby
And I was just trying to say that I don't think they will be bad contracts at all. Nothing wrong with disagreeing as i said.

It is now well into the season. Looks like the Voracek decline is well in affect. Hes on pace for less than 60 points this year
Dec. 17, 2019 at 11:15 a.m.
It is now well into the season. Looks like the Voracek decline is well in affect. Hes on pace for less than 60 points this year

The whole "Pace" thing is fine if you want to use it, I have seen guys on "pace" for 60 goals and end up with less than 40, I have seen guys go scoreless for 10 games on be on pace for 28 goals and score over 50. "Pace" is extremely relative, and yes, 22 points in 33 games is not ideal for a guy making 8.25 mil a year. However, is it out of the realm of possibility a guy with his skill set can get 45 points in 49 games? I don't think so. he has gone on runs like that before. That would be 65 points, in addition to him improving his all around defensive game. I would be fine with that from Jake. All I care about is winning, and we were doing just that, unfortunately we just got hit with so many injuries and other things in a week and a half it made my head spin. Raffl, TK, Oskar, Farabee, Myers (thankfully he is back), Pitlick, and Laughton (twice). Once we can get healthy, getting into the playoffs is all that matters. Teams aren't all about one guy. Me personally, I am more worried abou JVR's performance and his 7 million a year contract, that is more disheartening to me.
Dec. 17, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Canes Baby
The whole "Pace" thing is fine if you want to use it, I have seen guys on "pace" for 60 goals and end up with less than 40, I have seen guys go scoreless for 10 games on be on pace for 28 goals and score over 50. "Pace" is extremely relative, and yes, 22 points in 33 games is not ideal for a guy making 8.25 mil a year. However, is it out of the realm of possibility a guy with his skill set can get 45 points in 49 games? I don't think so. he has gone on runs like that before. That would be 65 points, in addition to him improving his all around defensive game. I would be fine with that from Jake. All I care about is winning, and we were doing just that, unfortunately we just got hit with so many injuries and other things in a week and a half it made my head spin. Raffl, TK, Oskar, Farabee, Myers (thankfully he is back), Pitlick, and Laughton (twice). Once we can get healthy, getting into the playoffs is all that matters. Teams aren't all about one guy. Me personally, I am more worried abou JVR's performance and his 7 million a year contract, that is more disheartening to me.

Yessir. I will check back again at the end of the season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll