Forums/Armchair-GM

Tough decisions

Created by: Price_is_the_goat
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 19, 2019
Published: Sep. 19, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Let Suzuki refine his game in the ahl. Maybe call him up after 20 games if he's too good.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,377,142$0$3,907,500$9,122,858
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 20, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.
Billy739
i dont think they'll break up the band
Tatar-Danault -Gallagher are a lock
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen have looked solid
Byron-Kotkanemi-Armia have looked good
Cousins-Evans-Weal
Thompson

Poehlings looked fine on special teams but needs until christmas in the AHL
Evans has looked great as has Cousins
Sep. 20, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739
i dont think they'll break up the band
Tatar-Danault -Gallagher are a lock
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen have looked solid
Byron-Kotkanemi-Armia have looked good
Cousins-Evans-Weal
Thompson

Poehlings looked fine on special teams but needs until christmas in the AHL
Evans has looked great as has Cousins

i want KK to play with more skilled players. play him with Drouin or Domi imo
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
i want KK to play with more skilled players. play him with Drouin or Domi imo

i'd say inject suzuki onto his RW then
bump Armia to 4th line and Byron-kk-Suzuki gives you skill , speed and size.
it also gives our 4th line 6'4 Armia to play with Cousins working the boards and battling for pucks .

Drouin needs to have a Career year , playing mentor isnt going to do that
Domi and him are clicking and Lehkonen's covering for Drouin's defensive holes

KK with Byron exceeds but i think with Suzuki there another young Center he can grow with might help him the most .
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Sep. 20, 2019 at 4:27 p.m.
i'd say inject suzuki onto his RW then
bump Armia to 4th line and Byron-kk-Suzuki gives you skill , speed and size.
it also gives our 4th line 6'4 Armia to play with Cousins working the boards and battling for pucks .

Drouin needs to have a Career year , playing mentor isnt going to do that
Domi and him are clicking and Lehkonen's covering for Drouin's defensive holes

KK with Byron exceeds but i think with Suzuki there another young Center he can grow with might help him the most .

yeah that could work. I like lehkonen with drouin and domi. suzuki was really slick last night. he needs to play with someone who skates fast. byron would be the perfect fit. But i like suzuki at center too. he won some key faceoffs last night. so idk
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2019 at 4:34 p.m.
Billy739
yeah that could work. I like lehkonen with drouin and domi. suzuki was really slick last night. he needs to play with someone who skates fast. byron would be the perfect fit. But i like suzuki at center too. he won some key faceoffs last night. so idk

i agree about Suzuki at Center
but the beauty is KK is still in need of support from wing
KK isnt as strong in the faceoff circle as Suzuki and is 1-2 years from being able to handle faceoffs by themselves.

if Suzuki stands out as an option for Center in the season we can give him 2nd PP to lead and then go from there .
Sep. 20, 2019 at 6:23 p.m.
i agree about Suzuki at Center
but the beauty is KK is still in need of support from wing
KK isnt as strong in the faceoff circle as Suzuki and is 1-2 years from being able to handle faceoffs by themselves.

if Suzuki stands out as an option for Center in the season we can give him 2nd PP to lead and then go from there .

if i project the roster 2 years down the road, mtl might have to play Suzuki at wing, unless he's an absolute stud at C. I always thought that Poehling is a 3C, but the past few games, has proven me wrong. of course its a small sample size, but if he rounds out to be a jordan staal like 2C, Suzuki's gotta play the wing no? IDK if they resign Danault, and i assume evans play 3C in this scenario
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2019 at 11:03 p.m.
Billy739
if i project the roster 2 years down the road, mtl might have to play Suzuki at wing, unless he's an absolute stud at C. I always thought that Poehling is a 3C, but the past few games, has proven me wrong. of course its a small sample size, but if he rounds out to be a jordan staal like 2C, Suzuki's gotta play the wing no? IDK if they resign Danault, and i assume evans play 3C in this scenario

i'd play Poehling at wing if we're re-signing Danault
Otherwise id leave him in the AHL and bring him up next year when Danaults in his final year of contract
Danault,Kotkanemi , Suzuki and Evans could work out until then .
if Poehling stands out as a Center ready for more responsibility we'll trade Danault as a UFA

Either way Suzuki leads our youth prospects in points so far
Poehlings behind him currently development wise
Suzuki played in a league designed to prepare you for the NHL's scheduling
NCAA plays a 52 game season with around robin playoff so it in no way prepares you for the
NHL's long road trips or long playoffs .

i woulda thought Poehling over Suzuki but besides his injury he looked to struggle outside special teams
i think the 40 pounds of muscle he put on has to be leaned out and he finds a balance between Size/Speed
plus he needs to play a full 82 game season and a real playoff format atleast 1 year before coming up
KK and NS were in leagues that prepared them for this. Suzuki put on 9 pounds of Muscle and increased his speed
at 5'11 202 pounds he is now built like an NHL Center and like Danault still has room to grow yet .

i knew Suzuki would standout but i was sure Poehling would push him to wing
i was wrong
Sep. 20, 2019 at 11:53 p.m.
i'd play Poehling at wing if we're re-signing Danault
Otherwise id leave him in the AHL and bring him up next year when Danaults in his final year of contract
Danault,Kotkanemi , Suzuki and Evans could work out until then .
if Poehling stands out as a Center ready for more responsibility we'll trade Danault as a UFA

Either way Suzuki leads our youth prospects in points so far
Poehlings behind him currently development wise
Suzuki played in a league designed to prepare you for the NHL's scheduling
NCAA plays a 52 game season with around robin playoff so it in no way prepares you for the
NHL's long road trips or long playoffs .

i woulda thought Poehling over Suzuki but besides his injury he looked to struggle outside special teams
i think the 40 pounds of muscle he put on has to be leaned out and he finds a balance between Size/Speed
plus he needs to play a full 82 game season and a real playoff format atleast 1 year before coming up
KK and NS were in leagues that prepared them for this. Suzuki put on 9 pounds of Muscle and increased his speed
at 5'11 202 pounds he is now built like an NHL Center and like Danault still has room to grow yet .

i knew Suzuki would standout but i was sure Poehling would push him to wing
i was wrong

i think it be best for us to trade danault before he hits free agency. or maybe a sign and trade. he can fetch a good return. if we do trade him. id play KK -Poehling-Evans down the middle
Suzuki, Cauflied, Gallaghar and Domi are the wingers for the top 6. idk what happens with Drouin. he needs to prove himself this year
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
Billy739
i think it be best for us to trade danault before he hits free agency. or maybe a sign and trade. he can fetch a good return. if we do trade him. id play KK -Poehling-Evans down the middle
Suzuki, Cauflied, Gallaghar and Domi are the wingers for the top 6. idk what happens with Drouin. he needs to prove himself this year

i agree

however if we're moving Danault i'd keep either Domi or Suzuki at Center .
myself i'd keep Domi there if he and Drouin establish chemistry like they did game 1
Suzuki if we plan on keeping Domi at Wing i think he makes more sense at 3rd Center

by then KK/Domi , Poehling/Drouin should be able to handle 3000/5000 faceoffs we average
Have Suzuki /Weal handle 1000-1200 between them and 800-1000 for Evans to handle which im confident he can

it can most deffinately work but for it to happen Tatar has to go as well because we'll need to put more importance on Domi and Drouin on LW .
i like the idea of Lehkonen on 3rd LW helping Suzuki and Weal personally over Tatar . Byron on 4th LW playing with Evans and Armia

we'd be built like a brick ****house and running on almost all players under 25
Sep. 21, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
Billy739

i agree

myself i'd keep Domi there if he and Drouin establish chemistry like they did game 1
Suzuki if we plan on keeping Domi at Wing i think he makes more sense at 3rd Center

by then KK/Domi , Poehling/Drouin should be able to handle 3000/5000 faceoffs we average
Have Suzuki /Weal handle 1000-1200 between them and 800-1000 for Evans to handle which im confident he can

it can most deffinately work but for it to happen Tatar has to go as well because we'll need to put more importance on Domi and Drouin on LW .
i like the idea of Lehkonen on 3rd LW helping Suzuki and Weal personally over Tatar . Byron on 4th LW playing with Evans and Armia

Caufield i keep in NCAA for 2 years to develop with Alex Turcotte as it just has so much upside to his development under coach Tony Granato and you dont want to mess with that as last 1st rounder we pulled out of the NCAA after 1 year was Louis Leblanc who went to Junior and so began his Concussion issues . Small guys like that in the NCAA are given time to pack on muscle and learn positioning to take minimal impact on hits . (junior is alot more physical by comparison and has long road trips and few breaks unlike NCAA who schedule road trips around long weekends and vacations )

But all in all we're built like a brick ****house and running on almost all players under 25
Sep. 22, 2019 at 4:10 p.m.
i agree

Caufield i keep in NCAA for 2 years to develop with Alex Turcotte as it just has so much upside to his development under coach Tony Granato and you dont want to mess with that as last 1st rounder we pulled out of the NCAA after 1 year was Louis Leblanc who went to Junior and so began his Concussion issues . Small guys like that in the NCAA are given time to pack on muscle and learn positioning to take minimal impact on hits . (junior is alot more physical by comparison and has long road trips and few breaks unlike NCAA who schedule road trips around long weekends and vacations )

But all in all we're built like a brick ****house and running on almost all players under 25

why not have KK-Suzuki-Poehling Evans down the middle? Domi, Caufield, Gallaghar and Drouin as wingers. Though I wouldn't mind Lehkonen in the top 6 either. Weal is massively underrated imo. He's too good for the 4th line, but him, cousins and Evans on the 4th line, makes that line lowkey dangerous.
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 22, 2019 at 8:56 p.m.
Billy739
Edited Sep. 22, 2019 at 9:05 p.m.
why not have KK-Suzuki-Poehling Evans down the middle? Domi, Caufield, Gallaghar and Drouin as wingers. Though I wouldn't mind Lehkonen in the top 6 either. Weal is massively underrated imo. He's too good for the 4th line, but him, cousins and Evans on the 4th line, makes that line lowkey dangerous.

just because Poehling isnt ready and was showing his weakness before his injury
he's a great player but head to head vs bottom 6 NHL players on weak teams he struggled outside the Penalty Kill

he put on to much weight to fast now he has to take time to lean out some of the 40 pounds of Muscle he packed on .
if he can just work on his speed a bit and positioning he'll be set .

Poehlings so very close but spending 2019 putting on that extra 10 pounds of Muscle instead of focusing on Conditioning boned him .

He's top heavy and needs better conditioning
i'd leave him in the AHL until atleast the TDL this year

Weal isnt horrible he's just not consistent
he's had great games , and forgettable games

to me Cousins is an upgrade because unlike Weal he Hit , Blocks Shots and Forces Turnovers .
IF Weal put any importance on anything but playing offense i'd say he has the Edge but a career high 21 point player isnt worth investing in if he has no Heart or ability to Battle .

Cousins had almost 5x the Hits Weal did , 2 1/2 x the Blocked Shots and 2x the Take Aways plus 6 additional points

in Every way but Faceoff wins(same volume Draws) Cousins in Superior and has showed up every game this pre season and has 2 points in 2 games thus far same as Weal

Cousins also has chemistry with Evans
both of them are Spark Plug Battlers who will take exception to dirty plays
if Weal was more then just a 1 dimensional offensive player then sure but he's not.
Cousins reminds me of Prust where as Weal reminds me of a poor mans Steve Begin(i liked Steve but he was here to play stop gap during some of the worst rosters MTL has ever put together )

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll