23$81,500,000$69,207,457$0$2,925,000$12,292,543
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 4
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$897,500$897,500
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
LW
UFA - 1
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,633,333$1,633,333
LD
UFA - 3
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 21, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.
Last think Tampa needs is another RD. Plus I think they want prospects who they wont have to pay right away if they were to ever trade Point.
Eli liked this.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 12:58 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Bulletclub94
Last think Tampa needs is another RD. Plus I think they want prospects who they wont have to pay right away if they were to ever trade Point.

Okay, so.... take out Savard. Add in Texier and Bemstrom. CBJ has cap space after not signing Bob. Point adds enough offense to make up for the loss.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.

Point ... at your face cause you just trolled yourself.
F3ruS liked this.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Hard no from Tampa.rolling eyes

We would need retained salary players(50%) for at least 2 years... wink (to prepare for next year's caphell with Cir,Jos,Serg,Cern all coming out of ELC's)
I love Savard, i would trade for him, but never in a million years Point obviously... I would give up for him, picks + prospects.
Also we really really don't need Bjorkstrand...

So i think you know this, but "YOU" can edit this topic, you can just make a whole new trade,and delete this one, we won't take out anyone... It's your topic.
So please just edit this topic for a real offer, if you think this seriously. And please don't put Texier in... we have centers... more than enough...
Also you need to overpay a lot... Point is not on the trade block... at all... think like Matthews or Couturier or Barkov or Larkin... good luck getting them... for 2 years of Savard(then UFA) as the main piece...

Also what the hell is that Domingue trade Huh?, delete that immediately, before my eyes start bleeding... huff think a little bit... just think...
Sep. 21, 2019 at 7:19 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: F3ruS

We would need retained salary players(50%) for at least 2 years... wink (to prepare for next year's caphell with Cir,Jos,Serg,Cern all coming out of ELC's)
I love Savard, i would trade for him, but never in a million years Point obviously... I would give up for him, picks + prospects.
Also we really really don't need Bjorkstrand...

So i think you know this, but "YOU" can edit this topic, you can just make a whole new trade,and delete this one, we won't take out anyone... It's your topic.
So please just edit this topic for a real offer, if you think this seriously. And please don't put Texier in... we have centers... more than enough...
Also you need to overpay a lot... Point is not on the trade block... at all... think like Matthews or Couturier or Barkov or Larkin... good luck getting them... for 2 years of Savard(then UFA) as the main piece...

Also what the hell is that Domingue trade Huh?, delete that immediately, before my eyes start bleeding... huff think a little bit... just think...

So you're making two good arguments here. I'm just not sure you agree with yourself.

You're making a strong case that the Lightning are in cap trouble and need to shed overpriced guys for inexpensive, effective guys. Then you're also making an argument that you'll never trade your overpriced guys without massive overpayments because everybody totally wants them.

I'm just a Caps fan who thinks the first argument is stronger than the second, and noticed that the Jackets are a team that lost big in UFA, reportedly talked with Marner about a lowball offer sheet, and might make some kind of a piddling offer to add another overrated, overpaid star in time for the season.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 12:16 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Sep. 23, 2019 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: Eli
So you're making two good arguments here. I'm just not sure you agree with yourself.

You're making a strong case that the Lightning are in cap trouble and need to shed overpriced guys for inexpensive, effective guys. Then you're also making an argument that you'll never trade your overpriced guys without massive overpayments because everybody totally wants them.

I'm just a Caps fan who thinks the first argument is stronger than the second, and noticed that the Jackets are a team that lost big in UFA, reportedly talked with Marner about a lowball offer sheet, and might make some kind of a piddling offer to add another overrated, overpaid star in time for the season.

We are not in cap trouble for this year... it's all about 2020/2021 season or later... when it's a strong possibility. But until then lots of trades can happen...
The POINT is: Our latest young RFA worth "10 million $ or more" for any team in the league = we will not trade him, unless we get an insane offer, which we couldn't resist. But in the NHL i have never seen an insane offer in last few years since im following all kinds of trades closely...
These dream scenarios for getting elite players for peanuts sounds good, but they are just not happening, unless player states publicly = he has problems with the coach,management, or players(Kessel,Erik Karlsson vs Hoffman, Risto, Pulju, Zaitsev etc...)

Your offer for Point is just straight horrible, no GM in the league would accept that for the reasons i already stated. Savard = mediocre value, rest = almost no value.We want to win the cup, we need that X-Factor player... that's not Texier or Bjorkstrand... You think they're effective for Ottawa. They are not effective for us: We have 10 of those Bjorkstrand level of guys here. For less money. If we would trade for Björkstrand, he would be on the trade block immediately... It's simple as that, we can't afford another multi millon contract.

I try to illustrate for you with your team:

Tampa Bay Lightning gets:
Ovechkin

Washington Capitals gets:
Coburn
Killorn
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick

So, do we have a trade here? You get here efffective guys + lots of picks. Coburn just had a really solid season = super effective for that caphit for 2 more years.
If you're the Washington GM. Do you accept this?Huh? Or just say: No thanks.

And again Domingue = good goalie = we never pay draft picks to trade him, i think you did a mistake there, and it's still not edited, so i'm still not sure what you are trying to achieve with that trade.

Aynways, it doesn't matter what fan you are, if you think top 5 backup goalie last year(he just had his best season ever): we pay draft pick to get rid of him...
Domingue would have been our backup goalie this year, but since he would demand more money next year, we can't keep him. I would guess he wants 2 mill $ or more...
But McElhinney as UFA!!! for some reason only wanted 1.3 mill $ contract, so that's amazing deal for the next 2 years, if he has even only a mediocre season(over .900 SV%, under 2.75 GAA).

When you evaluate goalies in general, you need to evaluate them both at the same time:
9.5+1.3 = 10.8 mill $= best goalie tandem in the league = good value.

But let's say Domingue wants 2.5 mill $ from 2020/2021:
9.5 + 2.5 = 12 mill $ = still top 5 goalie tandem in the league = still good value but worse then the other scenario

So it's just best to trade Domingue at the max value.
Plot twist comes here: It looks like noone needs a backup goalie so far in the whole league, which is super surprising.
For example Edmonton Oilers goalies or even Columbus Blue Jackets, Colorado Avalanche but i could probably list half the league, which have a worse goalie than Domingue.
I watched Domingue last year so many times, and he just delivered at almost!!! every important moment. He contributed a lot to our "BEST EVER REGULAR SEASON BY ANY TEAM IN THE HISTORY IN THE NHL"
Clutch saves = sometimes undervalued it looks like. If 10-20 clutch save nets you 10+ points, it's better than for example 0.05 SV% or 0.20 goals over 30 games... oh yeah.. and he is still young... we didn't care about defense last year, our team stretegy was : offense at all costs... on a more defensive minded team... Domingue could be even better...
But injuries will happen, and other teams most likely will pay for him then. I'm still positive about that. Until then, i guess he just stays as the 3rd goalie...

TLDR:
Domingue:We are under the cap = we don't pay for unnecesary contracts to get rid of ...not even 7th round... he just stays buried the whole year in that worst case scenario then...(75k caphit = no big deal)
Point:wants to stay and we want to keep him. No trade possible, unless your offer value = off the charts
Sep. 23, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
Who adds what?
We are not in cap trouble for this year... it's all about 2020/2021 season or later... when it's a strong possibility.

Okay, but is that why Point, who got two fewer points than Marner, but almost twice as many goals, is getting cr@p offers in every Tampa Bay ACGM on here? He's not taking 9M. Everyone else expensive on Tampa has an NTC, except Kucherov. If I had to guess, Kucherov is the driving force on that line, and Point was in the right place at the right time, with obviously top six skill, but a lot of score effects and quality of teammate effects helping out, and the opponents probably still put their best checkers out against Stamkos half the time. That all matches Marner's situation, though, so you're still stuck paying at least 10M per year, and yeah, 75k of cap space might start to look more valuable than your third string goalie, especially if Columbus or Detroit offersheets Point at a number you can't otherwise match without making some bad trades on a 24 hour clock.

I try to illustrate for you with your team:

Tampa Bay Lightning gets:
Ovechkin

Washington Capitals gets:
Coburn
Killorn
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick

Chill, dude. I didn't mention Kucherov.

Coburn is not quite as good as Savard, and he's four years older.

Killorn is as good as Bjorkstrand, and he is twice as expensive, and a bit older.

Tampa's 1st isn't as valuable as a bubble playoff team's first because:

"BEST EVER REGULAR SEASON BY ANY TEAM IN THE HISTORY IN THE NHL"

I don't think an extra 62nd overall is gonna make up for it enough to get you Kuznetsov, whom Washington fans thought was a product of Ovechkin a couple years ago when he signed his (then) big contract, but who has gradually grown into his role, and started to lead the team in points consistently enough that we believe he can play, on his own, now. I could see a trade around Kuznetsov for Point. Or I could imagine the Point offer I made above looking only slightly unfair for Kuznetsov, if the Caps were in a huge cap crunch and had any other options at center. Between Stamkos, Johnson, Cirreli, Killorn, and a bunch of prospects, I can't think of any reason Tampa worries about depth at center.

Can they clear a little cap space now just by dropping Killorn? Sure. Is that a stable long-term solution?

......next year's caphell with Cir,Jos,Serg,Cern all coming out of ELC's)
Sep. 23, 2019 at 1:40 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Sep. 23, 2019 at 1:51 p.m.
Okay, but is that why Point, who got two fewer points than Marner, but almost twice as many goals, is getting cr@p offers in every Tampa Bay ACGM on here? He's not taking 9M. Everyone else expensive on Tampa has an NTC, except Kucherov. If I had to guess, Kucherov is the driving force on that line, and Point was in the right place at the right time, with obviously top six skill, but a lot of score effects and quality of teammate effects helping out, and the opponents probably still put their best checkers out against Stamkos half the time. That all matches Marner's situation, though, so you're still stuck paying at least 10M per year, and yeah, 75k of cap space might start to look more valuable than your third string goalie, especially if Columbus or Detroit offersheets Point at a number you can't otherwise match without making some bad trades on a 24 hour clock.

6.7 million $ @ 3 years Baby! No trade! Nope! Winking with Tongue Out

I said this multiple times in many topics, WE ARE NOT Toronto Maple Leafs and noone cares about Marner here from a contract standpoint.
8 years deal for Point = still lot lower than Marner.

EW Contract Projections: 2019
Brayden Point:
8.9 million $ @ 8 years - and knowing BriseBois, even lower than that with a couple of 100k.
That's already a whopping 2 million $ difference and for a few years more! Would have been a steal as well.
Our GM's in last 10 years = just plain & simple = good
We are lucky, i wish everyone in the league could hire a GM like ours. Look at what the new minnesota GM just did with a 30 years old player contract. Insane... Even if it works out for them... it's just not worth it to offer that long contract over 30 years of age... If it ever backfires... it's just really sucks. His 7 years contract starts, when he is 31 years old in 2020 november... 31... if u check him... he is already 30 in 1-2 month... 31+7 = 38... jeez... why on earth not a 5 years deal tops... i have no idea...

Poor Minnesota Wild
Eli liked this.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 1:57 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Sep. 23, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.

Can they clear a little cap space now just by dropping Killorn? Sure. Is that a stable long-term solution?

Killorn next year gone = covers 2 of these RFA's. He is basically gone.
He begins his last season almost 95% sure about that. Modified NTC he will have from next season, so not that hard to trade him. He is really good. Probably top10 3rd liners in the league... On some teams, he would make 2nd line... yes he is aging... but still not that old... in his performance it doesn't show at all... Can't say any bad thing about him , when i see him play...
We will get pretty alright value for him... if not, that's still okay... we don't need to win every trade ever... we can lose some...
Now with Point's bridge, we also save some $$$ for next year, and also a buyout penalty comes off which is like 1.5 million $, so that also helps a little.( i just checked: it's 1.8 million $ !!! that's not bad at all) I hate buyouts in general, good thing we get rid of it next year finally...
Also we save 1.3 million $ with Condon gone as well. Things are not that bad right now. It will be though to deal with the cap if it's not let's say 83.5 million $. I heard reports it stays at 81.5 million $ because of reasons... I still hope it goes up by at least 1 million $ to 82.5 mill $.
But BriseBois will solve this problem easily, i'm sure about that cool You can offer 1 year bridge deals, if neccesary for guys like Joseph.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 2:20 p.m.
Who adds what?
Killorn next year gone = covers 2 of these RFA's. He is basically gone.
He begins his last season almost 95% sure about that. Modified NTC he will have from next season, so not that hard to trade him. He is really good. Probably top10 3rd liners in the league... On some teams, he would make 2nd line... yes he is aging... but still not that old... in his performance it doesn't show at all... Can't say any bad thing about him , when i see him play...
We will get pretty alright value for him... if not, that's still okay... we don't need to win every trade ever... we can lose some...
Now with Point's bridge, we also save some $$$ for next year, and also a buyout penalty comes off which is like 1.5 million $, so that also helps a little.( i just checked: it's 1.8 million $ !!! that's not bad at all) I hate buyouts in general, good thing we get rid of it next year finally...
Also we save 1.3 million $ with Condon gone as well. Things are not that bad right now. It will be though to deal with the cap if it's not let's say 83.5 million $. I heard reports it stays at 81.5 million $ because of reasons... I still hope it goes up by at least 1 million $ to 82.5 mill $.
But BriseBois will solve this problem easily, i'm sure about that cool You can offer 1 year bridge deals, if neccesary for guys like Joseph.

Yep. Tampa just won the offseason. Congrats. It's all over but the final 82 and 28.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Yep. Tampa just won the offseason. Congrats. It's all over but the final 82 and 28.

Nah, i think we lose vs Washington Capitals if we meet them in playoffs... i just don't like that matchup for us... i'm praying we avoid you guys with some help from heaven halo

I think the real offseason winner right now: New Jersey Devils But yeah, we are in around top5 for sure... kept the core+ added pieces + good contracts + improved defense.

Other team i'm really scared is: Nashville Predators, but we can only meet them in the finals, which is quite unlikely that both team makes it.
That's 6 full playoffs series without surprise. In NHL one thing for sure: upsets and surprises every year...

So there are around 8 teams who could be there from the west. Like who would have guessed: St. Louis (vs Boston) this year in january... i bet noone...
I'm still thinking my first pick from west Vegas Golden Knights will get there... or maybe Dallas Stars
If we fail again, like usual in playoffs, then from east my other pick is: Toronto Maple Leafs

So before regular season starts my predictions for 2019/2020 Stanley-Cup finals:

East: Tampa,Toronto,Washington

Vs.

West: Vegas,Dallas,Nashville
Eli liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll