Trades
DAL
  1. Drouin, Jonathan ($600,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Gurianov, Denis
  2. Oleksiak, Jamie
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Becomes a 1st round pick in either 2020 or 2021 if the Stars make the western conference finals
DAL
  1. 2020 4th round pick (NYI)
  2. 2021 7th round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$75,517,500$932,500$4,750,000$5,982,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$811,667$811,667
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$737,500$737,500
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 24, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Don't think this gets you Drouin, not sure the exact value of either player coming back, but this wouldn't fill the need that the team has (a top pairing LD).
Sep. 24, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Value seems fair, but habs have enough forward prospects.
IMO if MTL trade Drouin, it'll be in a package for a good LHD or another top 6 winger.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
#LeafsFever
I would have to imagine Bergevin's ask, solely based on what he gave up to acquire Drouin, would be a player similar to what Mikhail Sergachev value was when he was dealt to the Lighting. On that basis, unless Thomas Harley was going to be part of this deal, I doubt Dallas and Montreal would match up well. I honestly don't think the Habs would be looking for rebuild type deal.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
Cousins on the PP
Quoting: felixxx07
IMO if MTL trade Drouin, it'll be in a package for a good LHD or another top 6 winger.

not Gurianov, who is lining up to be the next 1st round KHLer, following the steps of Yakupov, Grigorenko, Scherbak and Nichushkin (next year, he'll be back in Russia)
I_Am_Atem liked this.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Not the attached, that's for sure.

I think the Habs only move him if a top 4 LHD dman is coming back. Someone kind of like Gostisbehere's style of player and pedigree.

Just to clarify for people who aren't in the know, Habs fans are trading him not because he sucks but because he is the highest value asset that is underachieving their high expectations at a position we have an abundance of already (LW).

The best chance for them to improve the area of need is by trading a LW so if they want someone of value like a top 4 player, Drouin is the player that has the highest chance of bringing that back in return.
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: MG1986
I would have to imagine Bergevin's ask, solely based on what he gave up to acquire Drouin, would be a player similar to what Mikhail Sergachev value was when he was dealt to the Lighting. On that basis, unless Thomas Harley was going to be part of this deal, I doubt Dallas and Montreal would match up well. I honestly don't think the Habs would be looking for rebuild type deal.

Harley, if the Habs were willing to get a future player, would be the most probable ask from the Habs.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: F50marco

I think the Habs only move him if a top 4 LHD dman is coming back. Someone kind of like Gostisbehere's style of player and pedigree.

Just to clarify for people who aren't in the know, Habs fans are trading him not because he sucks but because he is the highest value asset that is underachieving their high expectations at a position we have an abundance of already (LW).

The best chance for them to improve the area of need is by trading a LW so if they want someone of value like a top 4 player, Drouin is the player that has the highest chance of bringing that back in return.

Wow, I think this is the most accurate portrayal of the drouin situation I've ever seen ahahah
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Harley, if the Habs were willing to get a future player, would be the most probable ask from the Habs.

Based on what I saw from Harley with Mississauga this past season, I would expect him to get into NHL game action at some point in the 2020-21 season. Harley fills an obviously need for the Habs. Would Drouin for Harley work straight up? If I were the Habs, I'd take it and run. Drouinn played a terrible game against based the AHL Marlies the other night. His 10 minutes I think it was, does not make it seem like the Habs enjoy what they are seeing from him lately.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT

I made a trade for Drouin earlier parting with Lindell and a pick but it was considered overpay from both sides. I’ve heard from Habs fans that they wanna get rid of Drouin. Oleksiak is a 4-5 dman and Gurianov will be a top 6 forward. DAL won’t part with Lindell or Heiskanen so oleksiak is likely the best open option. Maybe send the guarantees 1st? If the value isn’t there, than I don’t think it’s too far off
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Based on what I saw from Harley with Mississauga this past season, I would expect him to get into NHL game action at some point in the 2020-21 season. Harley fills an obviously need for the Habs. Would Drouin for Harley work straight up? If I were the Habs, I'd take it and run. Drouinn played a terrible game against based the AHL Marlies the other night. His 10 minutes I think it was, does not make it seem like the Habs enjoy what they are seeing from him lately.

This too. He’s not getting much ice time and I think Elliote Friedman said they might try and ship him out
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: McFaksaGOAT
I made a trade for Drouin earlier parting with Lindell and a pick but it was considered overpay from both sides. I’ve heard from Habs fans that they wanna get rid of Drouin. Oleksiak is a 4-5 dman and Gurianov will be a top 6 forward. DAL won’t part with Lindell or Heiskanen so oleksiak is likely the best open option. Maybe send the guarantees 1st? If the value isn’t there, than I don’t think it’s too far off

Habs have enough bottom pairing dmen (Chiarot, Kulak, Folin, Reilly) so Oleksiak isn't very attractive. Gurianov isn't that good, if he were, you wouldn't trade him for Drouin lol.

A first is a good start, or Harley woud be a good start, but I don't think habs would trade Drouin for that. If they get rid of Drouin, it'll be for nhl players that would have an immediate impact (Hintz), they already have enough very good prospects, it's time to stop reset and start winning.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
#LeafsFever
This too. He’s not getting much ice time and I think Elliote Friedman said they might try and ship him out

The way the Stars handled Zuccarello last season, the chemistry he had with Benn and Seguin, makes me think Drouin would flurish in Dallas. Of course, when I try to get ahold of Drouin's agent to find out more about his Habs situation, he gives me nothing :P
McFaksaGOAT liked this.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.

Wait.....so your saying because of a preseason game his trade value is lower? I think you may be looking into the preseason way too much here man.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Wait.....so your saying because of a preseason game his trade value is lower? I think you may be looking into the preseason way too much here man.

That is not what I said. His value is already low from his performance (or lack their of) last season. The only thing telling from the pre-season is that he played a bad game against the Leafs and only got 10 minutes of ice time. That speaks more to the Habs trust in Drouin overall then what his value is currently looking like based on otherwise unimportant preseason action.
McFaksaGOAT liked this.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 4:56 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
That is not what I said. His value is already low from his performance (or lack their of) last season. The only thing telling from the pre-season is that he played a bad game against the Leafs and only got 10 minutes of ice time. That speaks more to the Habs trust in Drouin overall then what his value is currently looking like based on otherwise unimportant preseason action.

Thank you lmfao you nailed it
Sep. 24, 2019 at 4:57 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Habs have enough bottom pairing dmen (Chiarot, Kulak, Folin, Reilly) so Oleksiak isn't very attractive. Gurianov isn't that good, if he were, you wouldn't trade him for Drouin lol.

A first is a good start, or Harley woud be a good start, but I don't think habs would trade Drouin for that. If they get rid of Drouin, it'll be for nhl players that would have an immediate impact (Hintz), they already have enough very good prospects, it's time to stop reset and start winning.

So because I’m trading him means he’s not good? That’s a horrendous logic
Sep. 24, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
#LeafsFever
So because I’m trading him means he’s not good? That’s a horrendous logic

Jonathan Drouin is an extremely talented player. Last season, at times, he seemed extremely unmotivated. That happens to a lot of talented young players. Some players just need a different fit/change of scenery and new teammates to really find their place/spot on a team. Montreal never struck me as the right spot for him, and it was truly ashame, in my opinion, that him in Tampa did not work out. I am sure that at some point in his career, he will finally have that breakout season so many of us are expecting, but that may not come so long as he is a member of the Habs.
McFaksaGOAT liked this.
If Drouin is going to Dallas, it would be for Roope Hintz or Esa Lindell in my opinion.

His performance last season was disappointing because of his high expectations. He still had a career year for effing sakes. People are expecting 70-80 points and he is underachieving that but he doesn't have "low" value.

Using the pre season game for any basis on his value is just silly. The coach played players who are going to be AHL bound right after the game 16 minutes..... Drouin may have had a bad game but his performance in the preseason will not change anything for him.
Sep. 24, 2019 at 9:05 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Jonathan Drouin is an extremely talented player. Last season, at times, he seemed extremely unmotivated. That happens to a lot of talented young players. Some players just need a different fit/change of scenery and new teammates to really find their place/spot on a team. Montreal never struck me as the right spot for him, and it was truly ashame, in my opinion, that him in Tampa did not work out. I am sure that at some point in his career, he will finally have that breakout season so many of us are expecting, but that may not come so long as he is a member of the Habs.

And as long as he’s unmotivated (if that may be the case) MTL wont get the full return for him that Habs fans want
Sep. 24, 2019 at 9:08 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Quoting: Sam_Qc
If Drouin is going to Dallas, it would be for Roope Hintz or Esa Lindell in my opinion.

Moving Hintz for Drouin would be idiotic. As of right now, Hintz is projected to be around a 50-60 point player next year and that would make 0 sense for Dallas. I had Drouin in a deal for Lindell and a pick earlier this year and both fan bases agreed it was an overpayment. If Drouin was coming to Dallas, it won’t be for Lindell or Hintz. Dallas could up the pick to a 1st and maybe upgrade Gurianov to Robertson, but that’s about it. Gurianov is ready for the top 6 now, while Robertson will be better, but not as soon
Sep. 24, 2019 at 10:58 p.m.
True Reverse Retro

Montreal Canadiens
Esa Lindell
2020 1st Round Pick
Denis Gurianov

Dallas Stars
Jonathan Drouin
2020 2nd Round Pick (lower of the Habs & Hawks 2nd Rounder)

Realistic? Too much? What are your thoughts here?
Sep. 24, 2019 at 11:11 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Quoting: Heiskanen4Vezina
Montreal Canadiens
Esa Lindell
2020 1st Round Pick
Denis Gurianov

Dallas Stars
Jonathan Drouin

Too much from the Dallas side IMO. Lindell and the 1st feels like an overpayment. I’d counter with Drouin (600k retained) for Lindell, a 2nd, and a low tier prospect
Sep. 24, 2019 at 11:12 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Quoting: Heiskanen4Vezina
Montreal Canadiens
Esa Lindell
2020 1st Round Pick
Denis Gurianov

Dallas Stars
Jonathan Drouin

Also on that note if Lindell is moved, there is a massive hole in the top 4. What would the d pairs be?

Sekera-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns/Polak
Oleksiak-Polak/Fedun

Thoughts?
Sep. 24, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Also on that note if Lindell is moved, there is a massive hole in the top 4. What would the d pairs be?

Sekera-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns/Polak
Oleksiak-Polak/Fedun

Thoughts?

Heiskanen-Klingberg
Bayreuther-Sekera
Oleksiak-Fedun

Bayreuther has been fantastic in the AHL, and has been NHL ready for 2 years now. He's been buried on the Stars depth chart. He's a perfect 2nd line filler, until Harley makes the jump next season. Then next season, you role with:

Harley-Klingberg
Bayreuther-Heiskanen

If you're looking for the defenseman with the highest projected full-season WAR in the Stars organization, look no further than Dillon Heatherington, who should also be a potential candidate for a role in the Stars top-6.

Lindell, a 1st, and a struggling prospect (Gurianov) may be a bit high, but personally I am not as high on Lindell as the mass of Stars fans seem to be. He's a fine 2nd pair LD, but I would much rather see Harley or Heiskanen on that top pair. I think Stars fans are enamored with him, simply because he's Klingberg's partner. The same thing happened with Jordie Benn and Trevor Daley a few years ago. Everyone hated Jordie, because that pair gave up goals, but they really only hated him, because Daley was so bad at playing defense and left Jordie to answer for a massive share of odd man rushes. Lindell is better than Jordie, don't get me wrong...but he's riding the wake of how good Klingberg has been through the first few years of his career. Take Klingberg away from him, and he's good, but he's not a top-pair guy. It's Methot & Karlsson, just much younger.

I would be much more willing to shop Lindell than 99% of our fanbase.
McFaksaGOAT liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll