SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Filip Zadina Sent Down to Grand Rapids?

Sep. 28, 2019 at 8:36 p.m.
Is Filip Zadina looking like an over-draft at this point? Was Bergevin, Chayka, and Dorion smart to pass on him? I didn't see any of DET's preseason games, so what's the deal with this kid? I remember the hype surrounding him leading up to the Draft in 2018. Is he weak defensively? Is he underachieving offensively? Or both? Right now MTL's and OTT's top picks are looking pretty good. I'm not sure about Hayton.

Any insights from Red Wings fans or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.
Sep. 29, 2019 at 9:29 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I don’t think it was bad for anyone to “pass on him”. Each team just liked Kotkaniemi, Hayton, and Tkachuk more than him respectively. And Zadina is 19, when most players aren’t in the NHL at all. In terms of over draft, there are probably a bunch of players throughout the rounds that are better than him, but you can’t really tell until 5+ years from now.
Brian2016 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2019 at 2:05 p.m.
Stevie Y has always beem patient with prospects. Almost to a fault. When he rebuilt Tampa he was happy to let guys cook in Norfolk (despite there being potential spots available in the nhl) for an extra season and it certainly helped with the development of Palat, Kucherov, Killorn etc.
Brian2016 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2019 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Stevie Y has always beem patient with prospects. Almost to a fault. When he rebuilt Tampa he was happy to let guys cook in Norfolk (despite there being potential spots available in the nhl) for an extra season and it certainly helped with the development of Palat, Kucherov, Killorn etc.

I def. agree. I think Yzerman will def. turn the Wings into a perennial contender again sooner rather than later. They'll draft and develop very well under him. And that's what it takes to build a long term winner.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll