Does Sandin make the team?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 29, 2019 at 5:04 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
I think he is ready
Sep. 29, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
I think he will. I don't think he should.
palhal and Trickster liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 1:34 a.m.
Quoting: NR1203
I think he will. I don't think he should.

Why not? Just out of curiosity
Oct. 1, 2019 at 8:41 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
Why not? Just out of curiosity

He's played well in pre-season, but it's pre-season. It's not the real thing. And not the real competition.

History generally shows us that rushing players, like Edmonton did with Puljujarvi, can do a lot of hurt. But, to quote something I read on the Hockey News once, it never hurts to leave a youngster down in the AHL for an extra year. It hurts big-time if he struggles in the NHL, and his confidence lowers. For some players, that can alter the course of their career in a big way.

I do have to admit I thought Rielly was being rushed when he made in in 2013, and he's proved me wrong. I'm just not sure that Sandin can do the same. Not saying that he can't, but I want to be cautious here.
Trickster liked this.
Oct. 2, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
torontos finest
He's played well in pre-season, but it's pre-season. It's not the real thing. And not the real competition.

History generally shows us that rushing players, like Edmonton did with Puljujarvi, can do a lot of hurt. But, to quote something I read on the Hockey News once, it never hurts to leave a youngster down in the AHL for an extra year. It hurts big-time if he struggles in the NHL, and his confidence lowers. For some players, that can alter the course of their career in a big way.

I do have to admit I thought Rielly was being rushed when he made in in 2013, and he's proved me wrong. I'm just not sure that Sandin can do the same. Not saying that he can't, but I want to be cautious here.

If you lose confidence by not playing that well in your first few NHL games, to the point where you regress, you weren't meant for the NHL in the first place. Sandin stepped up in pre-season when he was supposed to and deserves a chance on the main roster.

Also Edmonton couldn't have handled Puljujarvi worse than they did.
Nov. 9, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: mondo
If you lose confidence by not playing that well in your first few NHL games, to the point where you regress, you weren't meant for the NHL in the first place. Sandin stepped up in pre-season when he was supposed to and deserves a chance on the main roster.

Also Edmonton couldn't have handled Puljujarvi worse than they did.

Do you still have the same view point on Sandin?
He was sent down.
oneX liked this.
Nov. 9, 2019 at 5:41 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Trickster
Do you still have the same view point on Sandin?
He was sent down.

Yes. He did well in the few games he played and is currently tearing up the AHL.
Nov. 9, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: mondo
Yes. He did well in the few games he played and is currently tearing up the AHL.

Agreed, but he was never gonna get those kinds minutes on the Leafs.

Gonna love him on the Leafs next year.
oneX liked this.
Nov. 10, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
Quoting: Trickster
Agreed, but he was never gonna get those kinds minutes on the Leafs.

Gonna love him on the Leafs next year.

I certainly think he was better than I thought he would be, and also that he was wasted on the Leafs. Good on Dubas for saving an ELC year.
Trickster and oneX liked this.
Nov. 16, 2019 at 2:21 a.m.
I certainly think he was better than I thought he would be, and also that he was wasted on the Leafs. Good on Dubas for saving an ELC year.

It was and is a "no-brainer" to not burn a year off Sandin's ELC or Liljegren's for that matter. Btw I took a bit of heat for this take on here.

Before the season started I was expecting a punt year based on the injuries this team was starting with. Now with what's happening injury wise, is a punt year more realistic? Imo yes
palhal and Trickster liked this.
Nov. 16, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: oneX
It was and is a "no-brainer" to not burn a year off Sandin's ELC or Liljegren's for that matter. Btw I took a bit of heat for this take on here.

Before the season started I was expecting a punt year based on the injuries this team was starting with. Now with what's happening injury wise, is a punt year more realistic? Imo yes

The way Reilly's been playing, the Leafs would have been better playing Sandin in Reilly's spotsmile . Best thing for the new Leaf of 2020/21 Sandin, Liljegren, Engvall, Korshov. to avoid the internal disaster with the cross town Leafs and just finish the entire season with the Marlies.
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit