I am there for I trade JJ - My best guess

Created by: Sidstick87
Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 28, 2019
Published: Sep. 30, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description

My THINKING of why I Traded for .......

- R. Graves is a big 6'-5" LHD that GMJR likes, he is an older prospect at 24 but got NHL time last season
and did solid but he is prob a #6 - #7 Dman in NHL but he will keep pressure on Riikola to keep play up.

- G- E. Comrie - Ive always been a big Comrie fan and with Murray's injuries- This team MUST have 3 NHL capable Goalies

- RW- M. Appleton is a big solid #12 - #13 forward but gives us another R-Handed option in line up and can play Center.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,733,292$132,500$3,700,000$5,766,708

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$735,000$735,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 30, 2019 at 4:38 a.m.
I feel like Pittsburgh fans just dont get it. Tell me, why would Colorado want to even consider adding JJ to their roster. He is dead cap space for 4 entire years and not one of those years does he even make the starting line up unless there are like 3 defense injuries. Sure the Avs have cap space right now but that happens next year when Girard's contract comes in Burakovsky, Zadorov and Jost need contracts. Then in 2 years; Landeskog, Makar, and Grubauer need raises. Oh and look in 3 years when they are still paying Jack Johnson to do nothing, Kadri and Byram's contracts need to go up. Not to mention the team looking for actual useful upgrades in players that will likely eat up cap space. You are literally offering your overpaid spare parts for an elc contract.
TJTwolf, justaBoss, mokumboi and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 4:44 a.m.
The Avs would have to be utterly stupid to make this trade.
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 6:36 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I feel like Pittsburgh fans just dont get it. Tell me, why would Colorado want to even consider adding JJ to their roster. He is dead cap space for 4 entire years and not one of those years does he even make the starting line up unless there are like 3 defense injuries. Sure the Avs have cap space right now but that happens next year when Girard's contract comes in Burakovsky, Zadorov and Jost need contracts. Then in 2 years; Landeskog, Makar, and Grubauer need raises. Oh and look in 3 years when they are still paying Jack Johnson to do nothing, Kadri and Byram's contracts need to go up. Not to mention the team looking for actual useful upgrades in players that will likely eat up cap space. You are literally offering your overpaid spare parts for an elc contract.

Because their blueline is a total mess.

Because Colorado scouted the Penguins on the last game.

Because they need a goalie.

Here is the real kicker for you. Because there are multiple teams who have been discussing a trade for JJ.

Who knows if he actually ends up in COL, but please for the love of god stop acting surprised if he does.
Sidstick87 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 6:44 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow

Here is the real kicker for you. Because there are multiple teams who have been discussing a trade for JJ.

Who knows if he actually ends up in COL, but please for the love of god stop acting surprised if he does.

girard-johnson
Cole-makar

is definitely not a mess of a top 4. avs have ZERO reason to make this trade. Jarry will be lost to waivers. his value is nothing anymore.
TJTwolf and TanSor liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 6:47 a.m.

Blue line a total mess? Maybe it won't be that good this season since some players need some more development. But as LHD: Girard, Zadorov, Cole, Rosen en Graves, as RHD: Johnson, Makar and Timmins. Wouldn't say it's that bad. Trading for jj wouldn't make sense. At best they would go for a RHD rental. And why trade for a goalie who will be sent down and requires waivers. Teams will only trade for jj if the Pens add something interesting
TJTwolf and TanSor liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 6:53 a.m.
14m in dead cap

Lots of teams were discussing trading for Marleau. How did that end up?
Capitalfail67 and TanSor liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 7:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
girard-johnson
Cole-makar

is definitely not a mess of a top 4. avs have ZERO reason to make this trade. Jarry will be lost to waivers. his value is nothing anymore.

Cole is injured. Reports were he won't be there till December. On top of it, he had surgery on both hips. Even if he does come back from that, with no real time to heal, what are you really going to get?
Injuries are plaguing their blue line. johnson is just off shoulder surgery.

I've stated this before.

They will indeed need help on the blue line. They know. Which is why they are looking.

The penguins don't have to put Jarry on Waivers.
I think Rust is going on LTIR. That will be that and they got cap space. JJ will be traded, because there is no role for him here. They will play Riikola, they will let Chad R be the 7th guy, but in reality if someone gets hurt look for Marino to be the call up.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 7:05 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JayTea
Lots of teams were discussing trading for Marleau. How did that end up?

Dubas is one of the worst GMs in the whole league.
JR is a straight F ing swindler when it comes to trades.

Like picking up Marino for a 6th. Or getting Kessel for damn near nothing and winning 2 cups.

There are multiple sources saying the same thing on the number anyway. It's not coming from one team. There are multiple teams looking at a trade.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 7:14 a.m.
Jarry will be lost to waivers. his value is nothing anymore.

I do not think that it is out of the realm of possibilities that DeSmith is the on that is traded and Jarry is in Pittsburgh as the backup.
Sidstick87 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 7:40 a.m.

Teams regularly scout each other. JJ is unlikely to be the target for the Avs. The Avs are loaded up with D who are as low quality as JJ if they're looking to temporarily cover injuries without having the salary hit for 4 years. From the small audition we saw last season with Graves I'd take him above JJ. That's in addition to the quality D they have. The blueline is nowhere near in a mess. No idea what planet you're on. The Avs are set in goal with Grubauer & Francouz and just picked up Bibeau to give cover so no, they don't really need a goalie. Especially not one that they likely lose on waivers. If the Avs want to get Jarry then they'd wait to try and get him off waivers themselves. Multiple teams may have been discussing a trade for JJ, I would doubt the Avs are one of them unless they are daft, or the Penguins are sending something with him that's a lot more interesting than the above. The only winner in this trade would be Pittsburgh. Younger D with the potential to become better for a deteriorating D who has never been great who costs more plus a goalie you're going to lose on waivers? Make any sense? Nope!
palhal, mhockey91 and TanSor liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 8:07 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
No team is trading for get four years of 3.25m cap hit that isn't justified now and will be bigger drag in the future. Jarry? He's a waiver wire pick up.

The Marleau comparison was made. Cost the Leafs a first for one year cap hit of 6.25m (actual cash 3m). Betcha the Canes wish they had never made that trade. Having cap space would be a benefit this season and the pick even if a good one is years away from being a productive Cane.
TanSor and TJTwolf liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 9:18 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Dubas is one of the worst GMs in the whole league.
JR is a straight F ing swindler when it comes to trades.

Like picking up Marino for a 6th. Or getting Kessel for damn near nothing and winning 2 cups.

There are multiple sources saying the same thing on the number anyway. It's not coming from one team. There are multiple teams looking at a trade.

Because multiple teams know the Pens HAVE to make a move and want to see what moving JJ is worth to the Pens because signing him was stupid to begin with. I don't doubt multiple teams are asking about trading for him, but it's not so they can acquire only Jarry for their troubles. No idea what the cost to move 4 years of a playoff healthy scratch $3m cap hit is, but Jarry isn't it.
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 9:27 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

You are clueless and have limited hockey knowledge

girard-johnson
Cole-makar

Finally a penguin fan that isn’t clueless. Avs literally just traded for a goalie and grub is their starting goalie. They don’t need a goalie. And to fix their “mess of a defense” he suggested trading for JJ. If he’s the answer they should rebuild today.
mhockey91 and TJTwolf liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Quoting: Yojimbo
I do not think that it is out of the realm of possibilities that DeSmith is the on that is traded and Jarry is in Pittsburgh as the backup.

That is true. Desmith also has more trade value. He could be a decent sweetener in a johnson trade
Sidstick87 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67

Finally a penguin fan that isn’t clueless. Avs literally just traded for a goalie and grub is their starting goalie. They don’t need a goalie. And to fix their “mess of a defense” he suggested trading for JJ. If he’s the answer they should rebuild today.

On behalf of decent penguins fans I apologize. I am curious to see what it will cost to dump Johnson. I’m hoping it won’t take a first, but I guess we will find out shortly since it seems like Johnson will be traded sometime this week
Capitalfail67, JayTea and TJTwolf liked this.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
Banned
Because multiple teams know the Pens HAVE to make a move and want to see what moving JJ is worth to the Pens because signing him was stupid to begin with. I don't doubt multiple teams are asking about trading for him, but it's not so they can acquire only Jarry for their troubles. No idea what the cost to move 4 years of a playoff healthy scratch $3m cap hit is, but Jarry isn't it.

please just stop. The penguins don't "have" to do anything.
end full stop.
Rust goes on LTIR, JJ sent to minors. No problems. end of conversation.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67

and you are a caps troll.
No one cares what your trolling self thinks.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
14m in dead cap
please just stop. The penguins don't "have" to do anything.
end full stop.
Rust goes on LTIR, JJ sent to minors. No problems. end of conversation.

Can they send JJ to the AHL? I realize in asking this you don't actually know nor will you figure it out, but the AHL has a veteran rule that prohibits teams from playing more than 5 or 6 players who have exceeded 260 professional games or so. It's one of the reasons that the Wild likely won't send down Brown or Rask.

I'm sure the Pens can figure something out or even move a different easier to move player but with their core getting older, moving JJ to free up his cap gives them a lot of freedom to upgrade their roster.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:42 a.m.
Hockey God Genius

Thank You
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
Hockey God Genius
That is true. Desmith also has more trade value. He could be a decent sweetener in a johnson trade

Id actually rather keep Jarry - The younger, cheaper goalie w/ way more upside and who would do better or just as good as Desmith.
But I put Jarry in bc that sounds to be the one going
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
Banned
Can they send JJ to the AHL? I realize in asking this you don't actually know nor will you figure it out, but the AHL has a veteran rule that prohibits teams from playing more than 5 or 6 players who have exceeded 260 professional games or so. It's one of the reasons that the Wild likely won't send down Brown or Rask.

I'm sure the Pens can figure something out or even move a different easier to move player but with their core getting older, moving JJ to free up his cap gives them a lot of freedom to upgrade their roster.

this is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard for not moving a player.
Like they wouldn't ship off a AHL veteran to make room.
FFS what a reach.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
Hockey God Genius
On behalf of decent penguins fans I apologize. I am curious to see what it will cost to dump Johnson. I’m hoping it won’t take a first, but I guess we will find out shortly since it seems like Johnson will be traded sometime this week

I think Jarry is a tough loss in JJ trade... but I mite be biased bc I am a Jarry fan and how athletic of a goalie he is.... I still think the kid has Starter potential but is stuck behind a 2-time Cup winner and a great back-up.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:51 a.m.
Hockey God Genius

Yah they can send him down to AHL but will have to go thru waivers (obviously he will, lol) but the word is there are 2 teams willing to take JJ and I just dont see GMJR paying a crazy price just to get rid of him like all the "Pro GM's" on here say.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:52 a.m.
14m in dead cap
this is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard for not moving a player.
Like they wouldn't ship off a AHL veteran to make room.
FFS what a reach.

Depends if the AHL veterans are worth having to provide mentorship to the developing prospects.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 10:54 a.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: Yojimbo

Thats what I want but I am biased bc im a Jarry fan. But I put Jarry in as trade bc that seems to be the rumor.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll