SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Josh Ho-Sang, the story destined to have a bad ending

Sep. 30, 2019 at 11:32 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
If you told me we’d be at this point 2 years ago I would’ve laughed. I thought we had a keeper in Ho-Sang. Unfortunately, he had a problem in hockey that was worse than any skating, IQ or shooting problem, it was an attitude. Garth Snow took a risk trading up and drafting him and ever since he showed up late to his first training camp, this relationship was doomed. His attitude is what’s held him back, not his talent. Whatever team claims him (because a tea, definitely will,) could be getting a steal. Snow didn’t know how to handle players like Ho-Sang. If a GM like Doug Wilson claims him expect success, if not *cough* *cough* Ottawa *cough* *cough*, expect nothing but the same. I wish him luck and hope he one day is able to put his talent together at the NHL, but it doesn’t seem probable. Either way, good luck Josh.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
If you told me we’d be at this point 2 years ago I would’ve laughed. I thought we had a keeper in Ho-Sang. Unfortunately, he had a problem in hockey that was worse than any skating, IQ or shooting problem, it was an attitude. Garth Snow took a risk trading up and drafting him and ever since he showed up late to his first training camp, this relationship was doomed. His attitude is what’s held him back, not his talent. Whatever team claims him (because a tea, definitely will,) could be getting a steal. Snow didn’t know how to handle players like Ho-Sang. If a GM like Doug Wilson claims him expect success, if not *cough* *cough* Ottawa *cough* *cough*, expect nothing but the same. I wish him luck and hope he one day is able to put his talent together at the NHL, but it doesn’t seem probable. Either way, good luck Josh.

I think they put him in a position to fail. A change of scenery should do him some good.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: hanson493
I think they put him in a position to fail. A change of scenery should do him some good.

It was mutually bad. Isles had their bad decisions, Ho-Sang has had his, but your right, a change of scenery should be good for him
Sep. 30, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AndrewLadd

I wouldn't say a team will definitely claim him. I think he still has potential, but it's unlikely that he turns out to be an NHL regular. But you never know.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
torontos finest
i still think that the best time to trade him was last year during the offseason. he was never going to work in lou and trotz's system and there are a bunch of team that would've been happy to give him the nhl opportunity he so righteously he thought he deserved.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: mondo
i still think that the best time to trade him was last year during the offseason. he was never going to work in lou and trotz's system and there are a bunch of team that would've been happy to give him the nhl opportunity he so righteously he thought he deserved.

Ur right, he’s been mismanaged in every way possible
Sep. 30, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
What's the deal w/ Kieffer Bellows? He's been sent down to Bridgeport again. I thought he had top six potential after watching him in the WJC. Is it too soon to call him another Islanders 1st round bust? The Islanders have def. not drafted well at forward and they def. need at least Bellows or Wahlstrom to be an impact player, right?
Sep. 30, 2019 at 2:41 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Brian2016
What's the deal w/ Kieffer Bellows? He's been sent down to Bridgeport again. I thought he had top six potential after watching him in the WJC. Is it too soon to call him another Islanders 1st round bust? The Islanders have def. not drafted well at forward and they def. need at least Bellows or Wahlstrom to be an impact player, right?

He had an awful AHL season, although it was said his coach told him to focus on defense. Well that didn’t help him at all. Our AHL team is great adept developing defensemen, but not really forwards, which is one of the reasons I wish Wahlstrom made it. Bellows also looked awful in camp and preseason games. Wahlstrom looks like a keeper though, and should be a call up sooner rather than later.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll