SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Blues Young Guys

Should Kostin have been on the opening night roster?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 30, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Personally, I understand why Kostin was sent down ahead of Sanford, Blais or Mac, but to me he earned a spot on this club and one of the few people who could replace the style of Maroon (minus the fighting). Mac wouldn't have been picked up and Sanford earned a spot based on his postseason play, but not sure Mac deserves it. Let's say you.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 7:21 p.m.
Earfgang
I agree (No one is a bigger advocate for Kostin than me) but, I think giving him reps and ice time is more important to his development than anything. He is finally starting to get used to the western style of play and size of ice, now is when he needs reps, if he can get that in the NHL, GREAT. If he can't, keep him down for most of this year and bring him up late so he can at least a little bit of time when injuries come in to play.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: Earfgang
I agree (No one is a bigger advocate for Kostin than me) but, I think giving him reps and ice time is more important to his development than anything. He is finally starting to get used to the western style of play and size of ice, now is when he needs reps, if he can get that in the NHL, GREAT. If he can't, keep him down for most of this year and bring him up late so he can at least a little bit of time when injuries come in to play.

Firstly, thanks for responding. People always complain that forums are for longer conversations yet no one replies so thanks.

Second, I do agree it's very important to give him reps and he no doubt he'll get more down there. That being said, some players are better off playing at the higher level because their skills are more adapt to it and I think Kostin is one of those guys.
Earfgang liked this.
Feb. 26, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
I'm taking the no on this one. It seemed to me during his stint earlier in the season that he needs another year to cook and get lots of ice. I think he'll break in next season the way Kyrou has this season and Thomas did last year, and if he doesn't he'll get shipped.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit