Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$68,638,177$0$4,207,500$12,861,823

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 1, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
2 down years at 7 mill for 5 more years, why would you want him?
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
I really wonder what people are going to say after Nylander rips it up this year. Probably 2 responses.

1) Its because of Matthews, without him he'd be a 40 point winger.

or

2) .....................
Green4D4 and prc liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
exo2769
This has GOT to be a TOR fan posting this.

Quoting: LoganOllivier
I really wonder what people are going to say after Nylander rips it up this year. Probably 2 responses.

1) Its because of Matthews, without him he'd be a 40 point winger.

or

2) .....................

Just the 1st one. There's no reason to even try to think of a 2nd reason when the 1st will work just fine.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: exo2769
This has GOT to be a TOR fan posting this.

Just the 1st one. There's no reason to even try to think of a 2nd reason when the 1st will work just fine.

The funniest part of your response is that guys like you will say that no matter what. If Nylander moves to a different line and still rips it up, it'll be because of Matthews. Why? Because you don't have any ammo you just want to chirp.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
McFaksaGOAT
The funniest part of your response is that guys like you will say that no matter what. If Nylander moves to a different line and still rips it up, it'll be because of Matthews. Why? Because you don't have any ammo you just want to chirp.

It’s just cap Friendly take it easy man
TMG, exo2769 and ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:35 a.m.
exo2769

The ammo is 27 points last year...not 40. It's on him to prove otherwise. I jump on my own team for that too. Don't give D Strome a big contract until he can play away from Debrincat. Fair is fair. I treat other teams the same as my own. from my point of view...it's you that's not assessing what's really happened on the ice. You're planning on hopes and dreams that after 3 and a half years...he can break 61 points. For the record I do think he'll do it, but obviously because he's playing on with Matthews. AND YES, that's the only point I have...because it's the only point I need.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:37 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: McFaksaGOAT
It’s just cap Friendly take it easy man

Really? I actually read my response over again thinking I must have lobbed something angry in there but nothing. Are we all getting that sensitive?
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:44 a.m.

I doubt nylander cares, kunitz won a gold medal because he was crsobys linemate

But he either plays with matthews or kerfoot so he wouldnt exactly RIP it up with him
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
Banned
The ammo is 27 points last year...not 40. It's on him to prove otherwise. I jump on my own team for that too. Don't give D Strome a big contract until he can play away from Debrincat. Fair is fair. I treat other teams the same as my own. from my point of view...it's you that's not assessing what's really happened on the ice. You're planning on hopes and dreams that after 3 and a half years...he can break 61 points. For the record I do think he'll do it, but obviously because he's playing on with Matthews. AND YES, that's the only point I have...because it's the only point I need.

Your ammo is as flawed as it is transparent. The Leafs are the Yankees of the hockey world. People either love them or hate them with more passion than they like their own team. Matthews can score 60 goals and 110 points and still he won't be a top 5 centre to most people. Andersen could win 45 games and people would be on here saying he's overrated. That is what 100% of the Nylander non sense on here is about. One bad year and a guy who is ultra skilled (that can't be denied) is just a 7 goal scoring 27 point winger with no upside. Why? Because its convenient to the arguement of getting him on your team for scraps.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
exo2769
Your ammo is as flawed as it is transparent. The Leafs are the Yankees of the hockey world. .

I stopped reading after this... smile
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JeffW
I doubt nylander cares, kunitz won a gold medal because he was crsobys linemate

But he either plays with matthews or kerfoot so he wouldnt exactly RIP it up with him

If Kerfoot can't centre his own line, which he still needs to prove he can, Nylander could be moved into that spot. As long as Nylander is given proper shooters (Not Marleau and Brown), he'll produce.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Banned
I stopped reading after this... smile

Cool
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
exo2769
If Kerfoot can't centre his own line, which he still needs to prove he can, Nylander could be moved into that spot. As long as Nylander is given proper shooters (Not Marleau and Brown), he'll produce.

I do think Kerfoot right now is a very underrated player for TOR.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Banned
I do think Kerfoot right now is a very underrated player for TOR.

It's still too early to tell but I do think having him provides a lot more flexibility than the team had last year. If he succeeds great! And if he struggles at centre, Nylander could be moved to the 3rd line with Mikheyev and eventually Kapanen and Kerfoot can try his hand with Matthews. With that said, I think Kerfoot has looked pretty good in the preseason and Nylander and Matthews have been sick so no need to change anything yet.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Really? I actually read my response over again thinking I must have lobbed something angry in there but nothing. Are we all getting that sensitive?

You don’t sound angry. It just sounds like you’re taking it really seriously
TMG and ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Banned
You don’t sound angry. It just sounds like you’re taking it really seriously

I am not, I just find it amusing. I get being a fan and having a bias and stuff but the way things are moving in this day and age is crazy. People hate more than they love. You have fans on here of all teams who spend more time talking about how much they hate the leafs than they do talking about the team they are a fan of. That is insane. In this example, there are a tonne of people that love to pile on Nylander for last season, and I think you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think that he'll still get hate regardless of how good a season he has this year. If he struggles, everyone will say, "See!" and if he has a dominant season, "It's because Matthews." And those same people will also say Matthews is overrated and isn't a top 5 centre, not even close, he isn't even a generational talent. He's maybe top 10 but that's it.

That sort of lazy "It doesn't matter, I'm going to pile on them to piss off Leaf fans" is just stupid, lazy and annoying.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
exo2769
Cool

OK for real. The Yankees have won the world series 27 times. TOR's last cup was in 52 years ago and I honestly don't know the last time they won 1 single playoff series. It's been a while. The Yankees are known for winning...TOR not so much. Now if you were to say TOR is looking like the Red Sox in the early 2000's...or my team the Cubs in 2015...ok. I could get behind that because TOR is looking like serious contenders, but haven't' actually done anything yet. Allow TOR to actually win a cup and then maybe make that comparison.

Let's get past the baseball analogies. Everything you're talking about is projection...which is fine. Everything I'm talking about is what's ACTUALLY happened. If you want to say Nylander is going to lead the league in points this...ok fine. You do you. Who says Matthews isn't a top 5 center? Most people say he's a top 5 center. I'm sure some might say he's a top 5 talent, but let's allow him to 82 games in a row and then crown him...which I'm fine with too. Matthews is freakin amazing.

As far as Nylander goes...why are we ignoring his other years? 61 points...twice...isn't exactly superstar material.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
McFaksaGOAT
I am not, I just find it amusing. I get being a fan and having a bias and stuff but the way things are moving in this day and age is crazy. People hate more than they love. You have fans on here of all teams who spend more time talking about how much they hate the leafs than they do talking about the team they are a fan of. That is insane. In this example, there are a tonne of people that love to pile on Nylander for last season, and I think you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think that he'll still get hate regardless of how good a season he has this year. If he struggles, everyone will say, "See!" and if he has a dominant season, "It's because Matthews." And those same people will also say Matthews is overrated and isn't a top 5 centre, not even close, he isn't even a generational talent. He's maybe top 10 but that's it.

That sort of lazy "It doesn't matter, I'm going to pile on them to piss off Leaf fans" is just stupid, lazy and annoying.

“I am not” *types a full paragraph*
TMG liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:19 a.m.
Banned
OK for real. The Yankees have won the world series 27 times. TOR's last cup was in 52 years ago and I honestly don't know the last time they won 1 single playoff series. It's been a while. The Yankees are known for winning...TOR not so much. Now if you were to say TOR is looking like the Red Sox in the early 2000's...or my team the Cubs in 2015...ok. I could get behind that because TOR is looking like serious contenders, but haven't' actually done anything yet. Allow TOR to actually win a cup and then maybe make that comparison.

Let's get past the baseball analogies. Everything you're talking about is projection...which is fine. Everything I'm talking about is what's ACTUALLY happened. If you want to say Nylander is going to lead the league in points this...ok fine. You do you. Who says Matthews isn't a top 5 center? Most people say he's a top 5 center. I'm sure some might say he's a top 5 talent, but let's allow him to 82 games in a row and then crown him...which I'm fine with too. Matthews is freakin amazing.

As far as Nylander goes...why are we ignoring his other years? 61 points...twice...isn't exactly superstar material.

Do you want me to go through the list of players who had back to back 60+ point seasons before they turned 22 and see how they progressed as they aged?

How did Kucherov do when he first entered the league? How was McKinnon in his first 4 years?

I am not saying he's going to follow those guys exactly but finding guys who scored as many points as Nylander did in his first 2 season, you find a pretty impressive list of players. Writing him off after 1 bad season, is ignoring piles of data that would suggest there is a lot more to Nylander than fans of other teams want to admit. Why? Because they want the Leafs to fail.

I don't care about 52 years, or the last time they won a playoff round. That's all the past, right now the team is probably going to challenge for a presidents trophy as long as they stay relatively healthy. Of course several major injuries and things can change but that is the case with everyone. Look at Tampa last year. Stamkos, and Hedman were both injured as well as Strahlman and they got swept. Injuries are always the great equalizer but if health stays at is has for the past couple of seasons, TO will be a great team. Personally, I hope they win home ice and take on Boston in the first round (I don't care if its 2nd with Boston 3rd or if they win the division and Boston is a WC team) I think this year will be a different Leafs team in the playoffs. Again health permitting and hopefully Babs doesn't screw it all up.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:19 a.m.
Banned
“I am not” *types a full paragraph*

What is your end game here friend?
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:32 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
Do you want me to go through the list of players who had back to back 60+ point seasons before they turned 22 and see how they progressed as they aged?

How did Kucherov do when he first entered the league? How was McKinnon in his first 4 years?

I am not saying he's going to follow those guys exactly but finding guys who scored as many points as Nylander did in his first 2 season, you find a pretty impressive list of players. Writing him off after 1 bad season, is ignoring piles of data that would suggest there is a lot more to Nylander than fans of other teams want to admit. Why? Because they want the Leafs to fail.

I don't care about 52 years, or the last time they won a playoff round. That's all the past, right now the team is probably going to challenge for a presidents trophy as long as they stay relatively healthy. Of course several major injuries and things can change but that is the case with everyone. Look at Tampa last year. Stamkos, and Hedman were both injured as well as Strahlman and they got swept. Injuries are always the great equalizer but if health stays at is has for the past couple of seasons, TO will be a great team. Personally, I hope they win home ice and take on Boston in the first round (I don't care if its 2nd with Boston 3rd or if they win the division and Boston is a WC team) I think this year will be a different Leafs team in the playoffs. Again health permitting and hopefully Babs doesn't screw it all up.

OK, changing subjects on you because I know you'll reply and we've actually had this discussion before. How Pissed are you at Dubas right now?!?!?! I'd be LIVID!!! Nylander for 6 years ~$7M Marner for 6 years $11M. Guys like Point, Mikko, Tkachuck, Boeser, McAvoy, Provorov, Laine, Aho, Dutch. Out of ALL the deals I just mentioned it's arguable that Dubas made the (2) worst. NO? and please don't reply back with none of these are comparable. If that's the case then no contract is a comparable. Dubas shouldn't have caved to Nylander...it set up everything else to be too much money too.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Banned
OK, changing subjects on you because I know you'll reply and we've actually had this discussion before. How Pissed are you at Dubas right now?!?!?! I'd be LIVID. Nylander for 6 years ~$7M Marner for 6 years $11M. Guys like Point, Mikko, Tkachuck, Boeser, McAvoy, Provorov, Laine. Out of ALL the deals I just mentioned it's arguable that Dubas made the (2) worst. NO? and please don't reply back with none of these are comparable. If that's the case then no contract is a comparable. Dubas shouldn't have caved to Nylander...it set up everything else to be too much money too.

Its hard to say. To be honest, the only one that really surprised me is Rantanen. Although its easy to rationalize that one as well. My main thought is its all largely irrelevant. Marner should have got less, but it isn't really a problem. TO has a very good cap situation contrary to what others believe. They don't have any bad contracts. Nylander is I think going to have the best contract on the team other than Rielly very soon. I think he's a lot closer to Marner than anyone cares to believe. What no one is thinking about the other guys though is what are they going to get in 2-3 years?

Lets say the TV deal comes in big and Seattle brings in more revenue. How much is Point going to get after 3 more years of 90+ points? 14 million a year? How much is Laine going to command if he scores over 40 goals in each of the next 2 seasons? My thought on star players is they are never the reason you have cap issues or problems on the team. They are the ones that lead you to winning so its not easy to overpay them. Look at Edmonton, is McDavid or Draisaitl the reason they are in cap trouble? No its pretty much everyone else who makes too much money and doesn't contribute much.

I look at Tampa and they are in a pretty tough spot, sure they look great on paper this year but next year? They have 3 defenceman under contract and I think only 8 forwards and have around 7 million in cap space next season. They also have some bad contracts that will cost them serious assets to move. (Unless they can get Jim Benning to do his usual insanely stupid and take Palat and Killorn for 1st rounders).

The point is TO doesn't have those problems. They have some young defenceman who look like they will be key contributors on cheap contracts and their core upfront is signed for the next 5 years. I am not at all worried and I am not mad at Dubas. I really don't like Ferris though, that dude thinks he's the Rock on ballers and its stupid.
Oct. 1, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.

As an avs fan, be prepared to fall out of love with kerfoot hard, I absolutely hated him all last year and was very vocal about on avs ACGM's

If you're dropping nylander to the 3rd line then wont that significantly cut his playing time, as well putting him with weaker shooters, especially because Babcock loves getting his hard working grinders out there?
Oct. 1, 2019 at 12:08 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JeffW
As an avs fan, be prepared to fall out of love with kerfoot hard, I absolutely hated him all last year and was very vocal about on avs ACGM's

If you're dropping nylander to the 3rd line then wont that significantly cut his playing time, as well putting him with weaker shooters, especially because Babcock loves getting his hard working grinders out there?

Don't get me started on Babs.

Why don't you like Kerfoot?
Oct. 1, 2019 at 12:22 p.m.
Don't get me started on Babs.

Why don't you like Kerfoot?

Guy just couldn't do anything well, finishing wide open one timers most prominent among them, missed at least 4 beauties from MacKinnon just in the playoffs

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll