SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Worst GM

Who is the worst GM.
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 8, 2019 at 8:32 a.m.
Quoting: EthanK24
*96 point team. IMO the habs will improve this year, but might have a few points less because of how much the east has improved. And no one expected that, except for most habs fans, reporters, players, and management when they saw the team play early on.

96 points. See, even now I'm still not giving them enough credit for last season. Seriously, they're an excellent 5 on 5 team. If they can improve their PP to top 20, and Price and Weber stays healthy they'll probably make the playoffs.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Not many people expected them to be a 95 point team last season. I don't see them reaching that number again this season, but you never know. They'd have to stay close to 100% healthy. Other teams in the East are much improved.

And the Habs have improved also. Don't count them out.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:38 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
LOL what man voted Dubas
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Wow. I hope you step on a Lego.

Too far man. That's crossing the line a bit
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I personally have never lost faith in him. Other fake habs fans or Subbanistas might have, but Bergevin has made very few actual bad moves. People just love to hate him because he traded away their favourite player for a better one.

Agreed. I think the one notably bad move is Sergachev for Drouin, but other than that his track record is solid. Weber for Subban has worked out well for him, and the Domi pickup has been outstanding. The only thing I would've wished he did was improve his defense a bit more this offseason, particularly the left. I'm not completely sold on Chiarot being a true top four, but the early returns have been good.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:50 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
LOL what man voted Dubas

He is average. Not the best. Not the worst.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
He is average. Not the best. Not the worst.

I think he's definitely above average. People like to give Dubas crap for the Marner and Matthews contracts, but he didn't really have any other choice. It's not his fault his young players had incredible seasons earlier than expected. He can't force them to sign team friendly deals. But he still managed to improve the team with these contracts being given out. The Kadri trade was masterful, getting a solid replacement and a year of 50% off Tyson Barrie.

In his two drafts as a GM, he's done well (based off of what we can tell at this point). Sandin was a great pick, and he even moved back for him. Missing a first round pick this year and he still got two guys that I think were first round talents in Robertson and Kokkonen. He also was able to shed that albatross Zaitsev contract. I can't think of a bad move that he's made so far. Maybe trading a first for them to take Marleau doesn't look too good, but again, it's a move he had to make.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 3:40 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: krakowitz
Agreed. I think the one notably bad move is Sergachev for Drouin, but other than that his track record is solid. Weber for Subban has worked out well for him, and the Domi pickup has been outstanding. The only thing I would've wished he did was improve his defense a bit more this offseason, particularly the left. I'm not completely sold on Chiarot being a true top four, but the early returns have been good.

IMO the Drouin for Sergachev trade is still up in the air, since neither player has lived up to their billing, and both have room to grow. There are no trades he’s made that are clearly a loss, you could argue a few (Shaw & Eller trades) but both could easily be argued as fair trades. The only move MB has made that was 100% a bad move was the Karl Alzner signing.
SpaghettiPasta and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 3:51 p.m.
Most of the worst GM's aren't associated with teams any longer.. For the time being, pretty much every Gm is at least on good/ok standing.

Me personally, I don't understand how Jim Benning still has a job. Has he done some things right? Sure but I think if you look at his tenure in Vancouver as a whole, its been really bad.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
IMO the Drouin for Sergachev trade is still up in the air, since neither player has lived up to their billing, and both have room to grow. There are no trades he’s made that are clearly a loss, you could argue a few (Shaw & Eller trades) but both could easily be argued as fair trades. The only move MB has made that was 100% a bad move was the Karl Alzner signing.

Agreed! 100%

I think the only thing you could argue with MB has been his ego and the timing of making key decisions has been really bad at times. Drouin trade, Subban trade, Pacioretty trade, Domi trade etc etc. These were handled poorly IMO even though for the most part they have turned out good in his favor.

But there is no doubting his perception has sky rocketed since the start of last year. Before that, he was inches from being fired.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

While Sergachev doesn't have a lot of opportunity to thrive in Tampa, I think if he were still in Montreal he'd be a surefire top four D, maybe even top pair with Weber. I also see Sergachev being needed to move somewhere else, given that there's not a lot of room for growth in Tampa.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit