Created by: ThatGuy
Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 2, 2019
Published: Oct. 3, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Sens Depth Chart

Forwards

1) Tkachuk: Zadina who? This guy is the heart and soul of this franchise. Where he goes people will follow. Future Captain. Guaranteed 20+ garbage goals per season.
2) White: His contract should end up being an absolute steal if he keeps progressing like he did last year. The Boys love him in the room. Excited to see him play with chuky
3) Ryan: Will miss 20 games with a hand injury. Terrible contract for the production he gives but can still keep up with the play and is true Pros. He will be good to have around the kids.
4) Anisimov: I don't know how Ottawa got him for Smith alone. This guy can def. play in the top 9 (Smith can not). Also helps to have 2 Russian on the team (for the morale).
5) Boedker: I hope his eyes are good because he's going to be spending a lot of time up in the press box.
6) Pageau: An absolute work horse. This guy has one gear. Great role model for the rookies coming up. I would love to see the sens extent him (as a veteran going forward)
7) Tierney: A 2/3 line player that probably wont make it past the trade deadline. The center ice is pretty congested with Brown marinating in the minors. A nice consistent player, who can help any team in a playoff run.
8) C. Brown: Don't know much about him, but it looks like he's been productive everywhere he's been (jr, ahl, NHL) until he got slotted down the staked TML lineup. Excited to see what he can bring with more opportunity for top 6 minutes.
9) Duclair: THIS GUY! He's honestly an 8-million-dollar player getting paid 1 Million because of his "attitude" and a "bad work habit". But (knock on wood), it's looking like he figured it out in Ottawa. Excited to see a full season with him. So skilled.
10) Ennis: Don’t know much about him. First thought - Great depth guy, who works hard.
11) Batherson: Had a Monster year in the minors last season as a 19 year old. This guy is a STUD and could possibly be the next Marc Stone. That said - Very under whelming camp.... Hopefully he figures it out.
12) Chlapik: He was my favorite prospect in 2017 but didn't fit in the Guy Boucher system. He then kinda got lost in the mix with the influx of prospect in the last 2 years. Happy for him to finally get a look in the big leagues.
13) Sabourin: Local product. In the line-up to "Protect the Sens Investment". He's got a nice story.
14) Gaborik/MacArthur/Callahan: All three are strictly numbers on a balance sheet for the accountants.

Defense

1) Chabot: 8x8 is the best thing that has happened in Ottawa in a long time. He'll have a Norris in the next 5 years. (Yeah he's that good)
2) Hainsey: Mentor for the kid. Might get you a 3rd at the deadline.
3) Demelo: I kinda like Demelo in the rotation. Consistent/steady player! But looking at the different angles, I can't see him resigning with Ottawa next season. He's the most valuable D Ottawa has on the market.
4) Borowiecki: Biggest meat head in the league. Terrible hockey player but he's a good in the weight room, a great leader and can at handling/manipulating the media. Will grind it out for the year and probably pick up a broadcasting job next season.
5) Brännström: Elite player! He's a magician on the ice. This guy is the real deal. Might take one more year before we can real appreciate him.
6) Zaitsev: Sens fan think he's an upgrade from Ceci. TML will disagree. I don't know yet. First impression - I like his skating, not sure about his hockey sense or hands. Hopefully playing with Chabeau helps his game.
7) Goloubef: A plug. The definition of a 7th D. Too good for the A, not good enough for the NHL.

Goalie

1) Anderson: 38 year old and still has it. This is probably is last season in the NHL. Could help any team with goalie issues in the playoffs.
2) Nilsson: A huge body that covers most of the net. He'll be around for a couple years to help the Swedish goalie prospects come up through the system.

Season Prediction: 30-43-9 69 points (30th OA) ... nice

Trade Bait: Anderson, Demelo, Tierney, Hainsey, Pageau

OPENING NIGHT ROSTER PROFILE 2018: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/882934

Returning players from 2018
Forward: 6
Defense: 3
Goalie: 1
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$71,917,499$0$3,595,000$9,582,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 6
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,937,500$2,937,500
C
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 3, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
Biased Opinion
I will now attempt to address all your points

Forwards
1) Tkachuk is awesome but I wouldn't count on him being far superior than Zadina over the course of their careers. Zadina still has a lot of promise there and Detroit is keeping him out of the lineup for a reason.
2) Yes
3) Ryan will likely get injured for half a season by shaking someone's hand so it's imperative that the team keep his introductions to new faces to a minimum
4) Just imagine the shenanigans that Dorion could pull off if they actually weaponized their cap space?
5) Honestly it would make sense to dress him for the sole purpose of boosting his stats and flipping him to a desperate team *cough* Edmonton *cough* for future assets
6) I think we should expect all pending UFAs to gone by the trade deadline. This is a tank year!
7) Same goes for pending RFAs with arbitration rights
8) Guaranteed 20 goal guy if he stays on that line. It was written in the stars that he'd get his 100th point against Toronto
9) Pump the breaks a bit he's not worth 8 million. Definitely worth his contract though. Great player to take a bet on
10) Great guy to put up numbers and get flipped to a contender at the deadline on a cheap contract
11) Anisimov is not Duchene so Batherson going to have some challenges for a little while. He'll figure it out though
12) Sure, nothing really to add to that
13) Who?
14) Back to my answer in point 4, look how much damn cap space you have! Weaponize it!

Defense

1) Correct
2) Very unlikely to get you a 3rd at the deadline. Probably like a 5th (see Adam McQuaid last year but bear in mind Hainsey has a higher cap hit and shoots left)
3) Trade Bait. Should be a Jet by now
4) Hardest working guy on the team since he doubles as the Sens media guy
5) Great prospect, with high potential but you guys should have received Cody Glass instead. Glass has the higher pedigree and the Sens are far weaker down the middle than on the backend. Mark Stone should yield a team's best prospect in that trade. For that reason those 2 will always be compared so brace yourself for that.
6) Great skater, good shot but easily the worst first pass you'll ever see. If Smith lets him skate he'll do fine though.
7) I'm not even sure that's a real person

Goalies
1) Great in nets, not good with knives
2) Perfectly adequate

You're welcome
Oct. 4, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
Sports and Tacos
Quoting: Barbs
I will now attempt to address all your points

[...]

You're welcome

I absolutely love this! Letsss goo.

A few counter:

Forward

1) Word out of Detroit is that Zadina was very underwhelming at camp. but i get it - big picture.
3) tears of joy Don't get me started.
4) We'd have a lot more 1st round picks (Late)... Fk Melnyk
8) Loved his pace.
9) Leeeet me have this one - I like the odds of him turning out;

Defense

2) Makes you think if it's just worthwhile keeping him at as mentor at that price. I was comparing to Ian Cole (2 years ago) but McQuaid seems like a better comparable;
3) Dude..... never thought of that one. He'd fit right in.
5) I wish. but I think Glass was a none starter for Vegas. That guy is legit. Looking back, Brannstrom was probably the highest quality player the sens could have gotten at that time. Maybe Vesalainen in WIN?
6) what are your thoughts on Ceci? 1 and done?

Side note - Leafs are going to be a lot of fun to watch. Fk, so much talent there.
Oct. 4, 2019 at 10:46 a.m.
Biased Opinion
Quoting: ThatGuy
I absolutely love this! Letsss goo.

A few counter:

Forward

1) Word out of Detroit is that Zadina was very underwhelming at camp. but i get it - big picture.
3) tears of joy Don't get me started.
4) We'd have a lot more 1st round picks (Late)... Fk Melnyk
8) Loved his pace.
9) Leeeet me have this one - I like the odds of him turning out;

Defense

2) Makes you think if it's just worthwhile keeping him at as mentor at that price. I was comparing to Ian Cole (2 years ago) but McQuaid seems like a better comparable;
3) Dude..... never thought of that one. He'd fit right in.
5) I wish. but I think Glass was a none starter for Vegas. That guy is legit. Looking back, Brannstrom was probably the highest quality player the sens could have gotten at that time. Maybe Vesalainen in WIN?
6) what are your thoughts on Ceci? 1 and done?

Side note - Leafs are going to be a lot of fun to watch. Fk, so much talent there.

F-9) I'll allow it
D-2) I agree with the value of mentorship but is 2 months of Hainsey wisdom worth more than late round pick? I think that all depends on how much you believe in your scouts
D-3) He would also do well in Edmonton or Dallas now
D-5) Rather have Brannstrom over Vesalainen. I still think Ottawa fell short on the return for Stone but Brannstrom is a great prospect
D-6) I can't see him staying in Toronto past this season. I think the Zaitsev for Ceci trade works for both teams. Toronto traded away a more skilled (ignoring the bad first pass) defenseman who didn't fit in their system for someone adaptable with less term. I think Ceci will do fine, the less he's noticed the better

SN) The team isn't perfect but this is likely the best on ice product Toronto has put together in this millennium. Being concerned about the backup goalie, the 4th line or the 3rd pair RHD is far easier to deal with than the question "who should be the top line center? Bozak or Holland?"...
ThatGuy liked this.
Oct. 4, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Sports and Tacos
Quoting: Barbs
F-9) I'll allow it
D-2) I agree with the value of mentorship but is 2 months of Hainsey wisdom worth more than late round pick? I think that all depends on how much you believe in your scouts
D-3) He would also do well in Edmonton or Dallas now
D-5) Rather have Brannstrom over Vesalainen. I still think Ottawa fell short on the return for Stone but Brannstrom is a great prospect
D-6) I can't see him staying in Toronto past this season. I think the Zaitsev for Ceci trade works for both teams. Toronto traded away a more skilled (ignoring the bad first pass) defenseman who didn't fit in their system for someone adaptable with less term. I think Ceci will do fine, the less he's noticed the better

SN) The team isn't perfect but this is likely the best on ice product Toronto has put together in this millennium. Being concerned about the backup goalie, the 4th line or the 3rd pair RHD is far easier to deal with than the question "who should be the top line center? Bozak or Holland?"...

Those were dark days lol
Oct. 4, 2019 at 11:05 a.m.
Biased Opinion
Quoting: ThatGuy
Those were dark days lol

Speaking of dark times I'm Just going to let this Bane quote set the tone for the anxiety Leafs fans currently feel

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!"

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll