Forums/Armchair-GM

Vote Sabourin Into The All Star Game

Created by: MitchMarnerElite
Initial Creation Date: Oct 4, 2019
Published: Oct 4, 2019 at 10:33 am
Team: 2019-20 Ottawa Senators
Team Explanation
We should make a John Scott 2.0 especially because enforcers are so rare nowadays.
Buyouts
  • Dion Phaneuf: $729,167
  • Alexandre Burrows: $0
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
OTT
SJS
OTT
CBJ
DAL
OTT
OTT
TBL
SJS
STL
OTT
OTT
OTT
CBJ
SJS
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$56,592,499$0$3,595,000$24,907,501
Left WingCenterRight Wing
OTT
Boedker, Mikkel
$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Anisimov, Artem
$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
OTT
Ryan, Bobby
$7,250,000
RW, LW
NMC NTC
UFA - 3
OTT
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
OTT
White, Colin
$4,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
OTT
Brown, Connor
$2,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Ennis, Tyler
$800,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
OTT
Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
OTT
Duclair, Anthony
$1,650,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
OTT
Balcers, Rūdolfs
$759,167
RW, LW
RFA - 1
OTT
Tierney, Chris
$2,937,500
C
RFA - 1
OTT
Sabourin, Scott
$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
OTT
Chabot, Thomas
$863,333
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
Zaitsev, Nikita
$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 5
OTT
Anderson, Craig
$4,750,000
G
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Brännström, Erik
$863,333
RD
RFA - 3
OTT
Hainsey, Ron
$3,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Nilsson, Anders
$2,600,000
G
UFA - 2
OTT
Borowiecki, Mark
$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
OTT
DeMelo, Dylan
$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
OTT
Goloubef, Cody
$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
OTT
MacArthur, Clarke
$4,650,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Wolanin, Christian
$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
OTT
Callahan, Ryan
$5,800,000
RW
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
OTT
Batherson, Drake
$736,666
C, RW
RFA - 2
OTT
Gáborík, Marián
$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 2
OTT
Chlapik, Filip
$728,333
C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct 4, 2019 at 10:36
Well I mean... he is on pace for 82 goals....
Predcam and Jarmo liked this.
Oct 4, 2019 at 10:48
Biased Opinion
Who?
Oct 4, 2019 at 10:59
This guy wouldn’t even have a job if Matthews didn’t look at the back of his jersey
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:14
Jarmo Kekäläinen
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
This guy wouldn’t even have a job if Matthews didn’t look at the back of his jersey

salt
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:38
As much as its always nice to see the 4th line guy get a little recognition, I feel like the John Scott All Star vote was it and now we stop doing it forever. Eventually its going to turn into a premeditated thing where the happy go lucky 4th liner gets to go to the All Star game, scores a goal and wins the car as MVP, etc etc.

The All Star game will turn into a Disney channel gong show........
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:55
best poster
Quoting: F50marco
As much as its always nice to see the 4th line guy get a little recognition, I feel like the John Scott All Star vote was it and now we stop doing it forever. Eventually its going to turn into a premeditated thing where the happy go lucky 4th liner gets to go to the All Star game, scores a goal and wins the car as MVP, etc etc.

nah man we need to celebrate the guys to try to deliberately injure top players
Oct 4, 2019 at 1:24

i sorta agree with you but its not like the allstar game actually matters. its supposed to be fun, for the fans and to grow the game. im a bruins fan but could honestly care less if the atlantic won the game. just want it to be enjoyable. not saying that sabourin to it would make it more enjoyable but if a good story for a very meh player presents itself, im all for it
Oct 4, 2019 at 1:49
Quoting: shmoeman
i sorta agree with you but its not like the allstar game actually matters. its supposed to be fun, for the fans and to grow the game. im a bruins fan but could honestly care less if the atlantic won the game. just want it to be enjoyable. not saying that sabourin to it would make it more enjoyable but if a good story for a very meh player presents itself, im all for it

Under this ideology, there would be a million more ways to make the all star game more entertaining if that's the case.

If its about growing the game, Sabourin does nothing for it. If its for the fans, then how about let the fans choose every aspect of it including all players. if its for a "feel good" story, let a couple lucky fans get to suit up and play alongside these guys for a period.

The idea of voting in guys like Sabourin, Scott and Fitzpatrick before him, is all part of the fans attempt at creating chaos. A royal "up yours" to the establishment in order to laugh and make fun of the whole situation. That's why the whole thing just annoys me.
Oct 4, 2019 at 2:10
Under this ideology, there would be a million more ways to make the all star game more entertaining if that's the case.

If its about growing the game, Sabourin does nothing for it. If its for the fans, then how about let the fans choose every aspect of it including all players. if its for a "feel good" story, let a couple lucky fans get to suit up and play alongside these guys for a period.

The idea of voting in guys like Sabourin, Scott and Fitzpatrick before him, is all part of the fans attempt at creating chaos. A royal "up yours" to the establishment in order to laugh and make fun of the whole situation. That's why the whole thing just annoys me.

Scott making the allstar game went viral, id find it hard to say it didnt help the league at all. Im sure his teammates were estatic for him and its been one of the best stories in years. But it is a one time thing. The fans get to vote for a reason, if it were a real allstar game, then a bunch of teams would have nobody there and teams like Tampa would have 5. You dont want to overdo any of those stories but it adds a fun dynamic to an otherwise meaningless game. I loved when people hopped on the Zemgus wagon
And again, the allstar game is made to be fun and honestly just geared to the younger fans, when i was younger i loved it, now ill still watch parts of it or highlights but it doesnt have the same draw
Oct 4, 2019 at 4:48
Quoting: shmoeman
Scott making the allstar game went viral, id find it hard to say it didnt help the league at all. Im sure his teammates were estatic for him and its been one of the best stories in years. But it is a one time thing. The fans get to vote for a reason, if it were a real allstar game, then a bunch of teams would have nobody there and teams like Tampa would have 5. You dont want to overdo any of those stories but it adds a fun dynamic to an otherwise meaningless game. I loved when people hopped on the Zemgus wagon
And again, the allstar game is made to be fun and honestly just geared to the younger fans, when i was younger i loved it, now ill still watch parts of it or highlights but it doesnt have the same draw

The Scott phenomenon was great but it was a one time thing. Cashing in on that every year is gimmicky .

Its intended to be fun. I agree. Don't know if you notice but the people its gearing the fun towards (younger kids) aren't lining up to get a signature from John Scott....

Like I said, the one time effect of it was fine, but making it a reoccurring theme is a total cash grab and is all about PR and not the thing people want to really see. Talent. Which is the point of the "ALL STAR" game.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll