SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Frustrations of being an Islander fan

Oct. 5, 2019 at 7:42 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I love the Islanders, more than almost anything... which is y I'm so damn frustrated w this team. I wasn't around for the cup years (same with the Milbury years tho) and all I want is to watch my team win the Stanley Cup. So Lou... I have a question for u. How tf r we supposed to win a cup if the only way we can score is get 27 deflections of the opposing teams skates, it's not like you're trying to rebuild? How? Just cuz we whiffed on Panarin doesn't mean we can't trade for another guy. I truly admire the patience that the Isles fans that say "trust in Lou" have. He's made 1 trade... for Matt Martin. Good trade? Yes. Does it push us over the edge for anything? No. We signed Leo Komorav for FOUR YEARS. Not sure if Lou was in a weed legal state at the time of that signing. I know this is just me venting, but it needs to get out of my system so bare with me. It's so painful watching this team sometimes. We're a blue collar fanbase, and a tight knit group and we're all very passionate. I think I speak for a lot of the fans here. If Lou is so against making trades, why not give Dobson, Ho-Sang and Wahlstrom a shot. At least we have a reason to watch (the young guys.) But in our current lineup, we have an old, slow team who cant score for their f damn life. It's literally Mathew Barzal against the world. I'm gonna be a fan of this team for my whole life, through the thick and thin, but man, sometimes it's hard.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 1:06 a.m.
That's the thing about Lou, he's too old school. His policies are complete nonsense and he's an awful contract negotiator. He's not a bad GM by any stretch of the imagination but he's overrated. I saw this first hand in Toronto, Giving up 2nd round picks for 4th line rentals, the Zaitsev and Marleau deals etc....
AndrewLadd liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 7:49 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
That's the thing about Lou, he's too old school. His policies are complete nonsense and he's an awful contract negotiator. He's not a bad GM by any stretch of the imagination but he's overrated. I saw this first hand in Toronto, Giving up 2nd round picks for 4th line rentals, the Zaitsev and Marleau deals etc....

He brought in a winning culture which is great and al but now we need a team that can win consistently w out crazy goaltending. We rly need scoring and we need to get the veterans tf out of here. I’m also very scared about how he’s gonna handle the Barzal contract.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll