Forums/Armchair-GM

This Team is Dominating

Created by: Skyraider112
Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 6, 2019
Published: Oct. 6, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know haters will say it's only been 2 games but if you actually watched them in those 2 games then you have to be excited.

Not thrilled at all that ERod is scratched in favour of Sobadka but not gonna lie he's been not So badka so far lol.

Top line is disgusting. Olofsson is everything we thought he'd be early on. Love the forecheck of Reinhart and Eichel.

Second line has been very solid, never realized how crafty Johansson is. Him and Skins have good chemistry too.

Third line impresses me. Mittelstadt seems to be making good scoring chances out of thin air and its only a matter of time until this line scores more.

4th line might be my favourite. They have been sooooo good on the forecheck and have absolutely dominated the Pens and Devils 4th lines. Okposo could have had 3 or 4 goals so far, same with Z.

Defense has been lights out. Great puck movement has been the most notable imo. Also that pairing of McCabe-Risto is filthy. Love how physical yet mobile they are. Dahlin-Miller is looking real good. Joki has impressed me with the simplicity of his game and even Scandella has played really well.

Goaltending been solid so far. Hutton hasn't been tested much but he has been good when the shots come. Ullmark hasn't been seen yet but I'm sure he'll do great.

Excited for this season. I think we actually have a legit chance of being a playoff bubble team. If we can keep up the speed and aggressiveness then I think we defs compete come March/April
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$74,996,667$0$4,257,500$6,503,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
D
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
G
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 6, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
Seems like a totally different team early on than last year. Love it.
Swagmaster, GMTD and Skyraider112 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
Well Said ! This team is fun to watch and never back off. All you Risto haters out there . Don't be looking to trade him for peanuts anymore , Please !
GMTD liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
I totally agree! I thought there might be a problem with finishing after the Pens game, but now I don't think it is 7 goals is decent!

The only thing that Ollofson isn't amazing at is he seems kinda slow, not very explosive yet but I think he will step it up. Eichel is a top 5-10 player right now, litterally unstoppable when he gets into the mood. Wish he would shoot more. Reinharts shot on his first goal was amazing.

Johansson is amazing...so good at everything that isn't shooting, shots average but the rest of his game is amazing, Skinner is good linemate because of his shot.
GMTD liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Swagmaster
Well Said ! This team is fun to watch and never back off. All you Risto haters out there . Don't be looking to trade him for peanuts anymore , Please !

Well someone has to go when montour gets back unless they plan to play one of them on the left and move scandella
Oct. 6, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
Log off the internet
haters
Oct. 6, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Shibbal18
I think Pitt and NJ are over hyped, both will be fighting for a postseason spot but they arent locks and 1 or both could end up on the outside. Ill wait to see what this team does against Toronto or Tampa Bay before celebrating. Its fun, but last November and their collapse should still be burned in Buffalo fans heads
sabres89 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 2:52 p.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Well someone has to go when montour gets back unless they plan to play one of them on the left and move scandella

that would be my preference.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 2:52 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
I think Pitt and NJ are over hyped, both will be fighting for a postseason spot but they arent locks and 1 or both could end up on the outside. Ill wait to see what this team does against Toronto or Tampa Bay before celebrating. Its fun, but last November and their collapse should still be burned in Buffalo fans heads

or, we could just enjoy life before we all die.
GMTD liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18

The 2 games that they just won were more convincing than any from the streak, from where im standing anyways. Im not planning a parade or anything, but there hasnt been much to criticize so far.
GMTD liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
Eichel Tower
@wojme
@Swagmaster
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Ragsandbluesfan
@Shibbal18
@Littlejerryseinfeld
@sabres89
Here is my take away after 2 games:
Ristolainen and Dahlin will make a great top pair for at least the next 3 years.
All of the forwards are back checking. When did anyone last see Jack go into a defensive zone corner and fight for the puck. PIT and NJD may have had odd man rushes but there was ALWAYS a forward racing to catch up to the play.
I am excited that all 4 lines and the defense have scored at least one goal and the season is only 2 games old.
When did you see this many stretch passes? It used to take them a month to get as many as I have seen in the past 2 games. Did you see the pass Reinhart made to Jack? OMW, Olofsson will have 2 players feeding him the puck.
Two consecutive games and the Sabres had more shots in each, the team is close to winning 50% of their faceoffs, and the players look genuinely excited.
When was the last time Buffalo won a regulation game in PIT, when was the last time Buffalo won their first 2 games? I may be wrong but it is about 7 years ago. Let's relish the moment and hope there will be more. Let me add, the Sabres are on a 4 game regular season winning streak since the won their last 2 games of last season as well.
Finally, I love Skinner! Every time he scores a goal he does NOT raise his arms in triumph, he points to the player who fed him the puck to acknowledge a good play. He is my kind of team player and I am happy we will have him for the next 8 years.
Let me add, when Montour is healthy, Jokiharju will most likely be the one to go to the PB or to Rochester. Not because he does not have the talent to stay but more that he is a RHD and he can be be sent down and brought back without clearing waivers.
wojme and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 6:04 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: GMTD
@wojme
@Swagmaster
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Ragsandbluesfan
@Shibbal18
@Littlejerryseinfeld
@sabres89
Ristolainen and Dahlin will make a great top pair for at least the next 3 years.
All of the forwards are back checking. When did anyone last see Jack go into a defensive zone corner and fight for the puck. PIT and NJD may have had odd man rushes but there was ALWAYS a forward racing to catch up to the play.
I am excited that all 4 lines and the defense have scored at least one goal and the season is only 2 games old.
When did you see this many stretch passes? It used to take them a month to get as many as I have seen in the past 2 games. Did you see the pass Reinhart made to Jack? OMW, Olofsson will have 2 players feeding him the puck.
Two consecutive games and the Sabres had more shots in each, the team is close to winning 50% of their faceoffs, and the players look genuinely excited.
When was the last time Buffalo won a regulation game in PIT, when was the last time Buffalo won their first 2 games? I may be wrong but it is about 7 years ago. Let's relish the moment and hope there will be more. Let me add, the Sabres are on a 4 game regular season winning streak since the won their last 2 games of last season as well.
Finally, I love Skinner! Every time he scores a goal he does NOT raise his arms in triumph, he points to the player who fed him the puck to acknowledge a good play. He is my kind of team player and I am happy we will have him for the next 8 years.
Let me add, when Montour is healthy, Jokiharju will most likely be the one to go to the PB or to Rochester. Not because he does not have the talent to stay but more that he is a RHD and he can be be sent down and brought back without clearing waivers.

But hes looked good enough to stay up permanently, he shouldnt be sent down just because he can be, one of them will be gone
Oct. 6, 2019 at 7:40 p.m.
Sabres are elite

Yep moving Scandella would be the plan. Montour can play leftside. No way Risto is traded with the way the teams playing now.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 6, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: GMTD
@wojme
@Swagmaster
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Ragsandbluesfan
@Shibbal18
@Littlejerryseinfeld
@sabres89

Quoting: Skyraider112
Yep moving Scandella would be the plan. Montour can play leftside. No way Risto is traded with the way the teams playing now.

But hes looked good enough to stay up permanently, he shouldnt be sent down just because he can be, one of them will be gone

I agree with all of you and trading Scandella now with retained cap should get a good return because he is playing so we'll

Also no one mentioned the 2 A's both assistant captains are amazing! McCabe is the perfect defensive partner for Risto because of how defensively sound he is compared to Dahlin right now.

Team defense is key also, I think that they are playing as a team more than they ever have because the coach got the players to buy in.

The Sabres haven't really faced adversity yet so we shall see what happens when they do!
GMTD liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll