SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Odd Statement by Announcer Last Night

Oct. 10, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
During last night's broadcast of the Kings debacle, our young play-by-play announcer made the statement that only 4 players remained from the Vancouver team that lost to the Kings in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs and then corrected himself by saying that "with the Sven Baertschi trade today, only three." Anybody know what he was talking about?
Oct. 10, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: OldNYIfan
During last night's broadcast of the Kings debacle, our young play-by-play announcer made the statement that only 4 players remained from the Vancouver team that lost to the Kings in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs and then corrected himself by saying that "with the Sven Baertschi trade today, only three." Anybody know what he was talking about?
probably misspoke. nobody's said anything about Baertschi being traded, so it's probably in reference to his reassignment to Utica and simply not being on the active roster.
Oct. 10, 2019 at 3:19 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
probably misspoke. nobody's said anything about Baertschi being traded, so it's probably in reference to his reassignment to Utica and simply not being on the active roster.

That must have been it. I know I heard "trade" instead of "move" because the instant that he said it, I thought to myself, who would trade for him instead of just picking him up on waivers? Also, one of the four he named (in addition to Edler and Tanev) was Horvat, and I know Bo didn't come up that year.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Oct. 10, 2019 at 3:52 p.m.
torontos finest
Pretty sure his entire statement is incorrect. Edler and Tanev are the only two guys that were on the team during that run.

Baertschi was playing for the Winterhawks and still in the Flames system, while Horvat wasn't even drafted.
Oct. 10, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: mondo
Pretty sure his entire statement is incorrect. Edler and Tanev are the only two guys that were on the team during that run.

Baertschi was playing for the Winterhawks and still in the Flames system, while Horvat wasn't even drafted.

You blinked and missed him. Baertschi got into all of 5 games that season.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Bartsch hasn't been traded and wasn't even with the Canucks back then lol.

Edit: Baertschi* (auto-correct is annoying lol)
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 1:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Bartsch hasn't been traded and wasn't even with the Canucks back then lol.

Edit: Baertschi* (auto-correct is annoying lol)

Whaddya talkiin' about? He scored three more goals than you or I did for them that year. Didn't get onto the Stanley Cup playoff roster, though.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Whaddya talkiin' about? He scored three more goals than you or I did for them that year. Didn't get onto the Stanley Cup playoff roster, though.

He was with the Flames.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
He was with the Flames.

Well, I'll be damned!! You're absolutely right!!
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll