Forums/Armchair-GM

I found out something

Created by: SammyT_51
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 12, 2019
Published: Oct. 12, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Leafs players have CF-class disease called lowervalueism. Lowervalueism is a special disease formed on CF Armchair section that ensures that once a certain valuable player joins the Leafs, they are suddenly worth nothing and are all bad. Happens to Muzzin, happens to everybody and all their players they drafted and developed into studs such as Nylander, Matthews should be traded, is worth nothing or is overrated, respectivelly, for some reason. Other fans! Whenever you trade for Leafs player, dont forget to post half his value saying that player sucks with it. That should be the end of the argument and you should be correct. If Leafs fan trades for player, dont forget to pay twice as much for some player you want because thats how it all works. And dont dare to argue or you will be biased stupid Leafs fan with no brain for the rest of the eternity.

This is not a callout of anybody, just the thing I see daily on this website.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$81,496,866$0$0$3,134
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 12, 2019 at 7:57 a.m.
Lmfao.

Imagine leafs fans thinking their players are UNDER valued on here.

Cant wait for a whole year of kapanen, holl and a 2nd for pietrangelo trades in the meantime

The lack of self awareness is adorable
AndrewLadd liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 8:02 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Lmfao.

Cant wait for a whole year of kapanen, holl and a 2nd for pietrangelo trades in the meantime

Im trying to be as fair as possible but generally the Leafs players are being always talked about as bad, lazy, etc. They are mostly undervalued here except for cases of stupid Leafs fans wanting that kind of trade you commented ?
Oct. 12, 2019 at 8:03 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Im trying to be as fair as possible but generally the Leafs players are being always talked about as bad, lazy, etc. They are mostly undervalued here except for cases of stupid Leafs fans wanting that kind of trade you commented ?

I think people see what they want to see on this site
Oct. 12, 2019 at 8:18 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
I think people see what they want to see on this site

I will want to see fair trades and evaluations. I don't see that lol. But whatever man ?
Oct. 12, 2019 at 8:50 a.m.
Was a funny read ty. I believe the ground zero of this disease is at TSN headquarters

Anyways i actually have a lot of respect for Muzzin as a skilled defense (still do even now). On the other hand i think a lot of what your saying derives from a handful of frequent leaf fan posters (same can be said for mtl fans too). The issue with the leafs core (excluding overpayments) is solid RD depth. The issue with this is it is also the most sought after position in the league, thus raising its value due to supply and demand. While on the other hand the leafs are flooded with winger depth which is the least sought after position, and here lies the conundrum. The leafs have a strong group of skilled offensive talent, especially in players like Mathews who can make average wingers look really good (hence why Kapanen is overrated). What you will see on here is a handful of Leaf fans constantly post what they might think is good value but is often completely lopsided and therefore creates an enigma.

I for one have respect for your opinions on here since you seem fairly knowledgeable on the game but there are a good amoumt of fans on here that just make me sigh and say "here we go again."
SammyT_51 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Was a funny read ty. I believe the ground zero of this disease is at TSN headquarters

Anyways i actually have a lot of respect for Muzzin as a skilled defense (still do even now). On the other hand i think a lot of what your saying derives from a handful of frequent leaf fan posters (same can be said for mtl fans too). The issue with the leafs core (excluding overpayments) is solid RD depth. The issue with this is it is also the most sought after position in the league, thus raising its value due to supply and demand. While on the other hand the leafs are flooded with winger depth which is the least sought after position, and here lies the conundrum. The leafs have a strong group of skilled offensive talent, especially in players like Mathews who can make average wingers look really good (hence why Kapanen is overrated). What you will see on here is a handful of Leaf fans constantly post what they might think is good value but is often completely lopsided and therefore creates an enigma.

I for one have respect for your opinions on here since you seem fairly knowledgeable on the game but there are a good amoumt of fans on here that just make me sigh and say "here we go again."

Same here!

The issue is perspective, for example as you mentioned Kap. Kapanen is not worth sun and moon but he might be worth something, the problem I often see is one part overrating him to the massive extend and other saying he is nothing. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Servicable 3rd liner with above average PK and defensive skills with blazing speed. Finnish Michael Grabner basically with higher upside IMO.

I respect you too, you seem to be knowledgeable about the game and all. Frankly, I try to respect everybody here, because everybody has different perspectives on this beautiful game, but often times as you said.. good amount of fans of different teams drive me nuts lol
Oct. 12, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
arky
Sammy I see what you are saying, but there are fans from all over who under value other teams players while also putting over value on their own players. I have seen trades that are just down right crazy.
Do people under value Leaf players, yes but there are also people who over value them also. In a previous post someone tried trading every player on Toronto and though the values where about right the trades made no sense. Trading Tavares to a team that is in a rebuild makes absolutely no sense.
And let's not forget the all the post from leaf fans that wanted Marner to sign for nothing and then called for him to be banished when he did not sign right away.
I guess what I am saying is this on this site rarely do you see trades that make alot of sense or are realistic...Risto for A.Manta and a 1st comes to mind.
SammyT_51 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Bcarlo25
That, or the leafs fan base, as a general rule over value their players. I think it is extremely obvious that this is the case. If you look through the leafs ACGMs here, the majority are delusional, trading Kapanen for Parayko and throwing in ceci as a kicker.
SammyT_51 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Bcarlo25
That, or the leafs fan base, as a general rule over value their players. I think it is extremely obvious that this is the case. If you look through the leafs ACGMs here, the majority are delusional, trading Kapanen for Parayko and throwing in ceci as a kicker.

100%. I hate that to be honest. Kapanen is worth like number 4 Dman, possibly some prospect and 2nd or better prospect and 3rd.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 10:52 a.m.
This happens to all the fans on here and as dumb as it is leaf fans get it the most because there’s more of them and there’s tons of leaf ACGMs. That and people tend to overvalue their players without putting much value on the other team.

Honestly the other thing leaf fans do because there’s more of them is repost the same ideas with tiny tweaks in each ACGM page and people get sick of seeing the same post 25 times in one day. Not a bad thing but that person who’ didn’t like the first one, won’t like it on the 25th time and it’ll just make them more mad.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 11:10 a.m.
The reason why these things generalizations occur with Leag and Hab fans is because (at least on this site) they highly out populate the other fan bases. So lets say every 1 in 20 people actually do thwir homework. And there are 2k more leaf fans then ducks fans. Thats a lot more fans that will say something like "Manson to Toronto bc hes a RD on a rebuilding team, oh and bc me Toronto and me have lots of money me will take kessler too bc LTIR free cap space."
Then that one person who actually did research says "hey wait a minute, thats not even remotely close to how LTIR works (I feel like I have to explain LTIR daily on here and i still dont fully understand it). Then they ask ok why would ANA trade away a position they are already struggling to fill themselves?"
Oct. 12, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
Banned
Lmfao.

Holding a broad generalization as reality, when that generalization is born by using the most extreme side of a situation is what one could also describe as a completely lack of awareness. Not all Leaf fans are ridiculous as not all fans are ridiculous. That being said it's very fair to say that many non Leaf fans blanket all leaf players as overrated and undervalue them on that site.

For example how many people on here try getting Nylander for 30 year old defenceman and expect TO to add. Flying from one extreme to next is all just silly.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Holding a broad generalization as reality, when that generalization is born by using the most extreme side of a situation is what one could also describe as a completely lack of awareness. Not all Leaf fans are ridiculous as not all fans are ridiculous. That being said it's very fair to say that many non Leaf fans blanket all leaf players as overrated and undervalue them on that site.

For example how many people on here try getting Nylander for 30 year old defenceman and expect TO to add. Flying from one extreme to next is all just silly.

And I reserved my response for this post

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll